• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin can't hit veins in my arms anymore

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
what am i going to do? yesterday it took me over 30 minutes of stabbing myself to finally hit one on the underside of my forearm. i tried going into the top of my hand but it didn't register. are my veins permanently fucked? will they heal over time? i will admit that for a time i was using my needles probably up to 7 times maybe even more. it hurts when i try and register now also and I'm sick of missing my shots fuck snorting the dope its not the same.

Sounds like a good situation to think about maybe taking the step back to snorting or begin stopping all together. If that doesn't work for you, hitting veins that are not located near your previous uses should work; legs, hip, chest/neck but honestly thats just another step in the wrong direction and is gonna end up hurting you more in the future.. you cant keep up with your tolerance forever, but in the end you will do what you do and learn from it so have fun with your drugs man and please consider the safer options.

If they so scared that they are closed or collapsed they are lost. But IF you stop for a reasonable time and excercise with heavy weights your smaller veins will fill that void and can be used.. This is along way to go though. But 6 month on buprenorphine, and dedicated training should improve the situation significantly. If you have been through this, and know how precious these small veins are, you will treat your veins muich better. Rotate spots, use only new needles and always use alcohol pads or at least denatured ethanol and they will last much longer. Once in a while its also good to give time to heal for some time...

First off stop reusing rigs! That's why your losing veins. I have been IVing for 6 years in the same vien and it still works granted there is some scar tissue. I found hitting my hands is impossible with long 28 gauge needles. Probably need to get some short 31 gauge if your gonna go that way. Otherwise find vien diagram and see what you can do. But the harm reduction answer is to switch to snorting but I know why you won't do that.

Last edited:
I shoot in the same views your talking about on the underside of my for arm. This is going to sound bad but I do it against the flow of blood because my hand is higher than my elbow and it's easier. For those that have used this vein you'll know what I'm talking about. I've been using there for 20 years and still can. I use in different spots up and down that vein and change arms every other the time as I can do it in both arms. Slow down, put warm wet hand towel over area and squeeze your hand a few times then have a go. Always use new rigs, I can't stress that enough. Good luck.

Personally I don't use heroin but i've definitely thought about it. In MY opinion I would stick to shooting in different veins located all over your body than snorting it. Snorting the heroin just ends up destroying your nasal cavities and practically melts your brain since it's just getting dusted up there. SAFER route would be IVing carefully and slowly on different parts of the body, try not to stay in the same place every day. Or you could just try and ween yourself off Heroin and go on tolerance break? Sorry guys these are just my thoughts haha I wish you best of luck friend!;)

I'm a 22 year addict whose been IVin for 19 years 12 in my groin sadly as what happens to us all they go!
I struggle daily I smoke mainly now & do one hit a day when I'm in the mood iove IVin & don't want to stop but my body's making other choices, on average I spend 2/4 hours I've been fortunate to mainly have gear at hand but that's a downside please believe me!
I pushed my body to the limits & been on deaths door 4times never OD other issues Ischaemic bowel, liver kidney failure & pneumonia, internal bleeding haemoglobin of 4 & an INR of 15.1.
ive been very lucky to pull threw I've lost so many friends but still enjoy doing the gear sadly.
i have DVT Ulcerated legs HepC gunk type one the list goes on!
theres so many veins to be found other addicts know best & I wish people would stop saying "you should think about stopping" if they wanted to stop they'd be asking that question not where can I find a fucking vein!
as someone else said always use clean works I found the back of the knee & bottom of feet or most part of feet try to keep away from as like me you end up not walking as you have an abscess!
heroin is more of a pain killer than enjoyment but I do enjoy it all the getting ready I know my days of hitting up are coming to an end but I'll soldier on until I have no place to hit up sadly!
i googled a map of all the veins in the body but the best tricks are off other addicts!
i wish you well in your search your not alone but it's a one way street!
stafe MarcVinal

Have you tried any veins in your legs? There are actually quite a few there. But as others have pointed out, rotating sites and ALWAYS using new rigs goes a long way too...some of your arm veins will come back, but it takes a crazy long time.

just shoot where there ONCE WAS A VEIN and you'll HIT SOMETHING. I NEVER SEE VEINS in the same spots I once did but I still shoot in the same spots and always find SOMETHING within a few seconds; its not easy to always find new but I usually will find something in my hands, top of arm near bicip, back of forearm or right around the neck area which is my last choice but shit happens.

Personally I don't use heroin but i've definitely thought about it. In MY opinion I would stick to shooting in different veins located all over your body than snorting it. Snorting the heroin just ends up destroying your nasal cavities and practically melts your brain since it's just getting dusted up there. SAFER route would be IVing carefully and slowly on different parts of the body, try not to stay in the same place every day. Or you could just try and ween yourself off Heroin and go on tolerance break? Sorry guys these are just my thoughts haha I wish you best of luck friend!;)

you really think IVing is SAFER than snoring dope? are we just talking dope or we talking about any opiate? safer to SNORT than to IV? first time I heard this.

you really think IVing is SAFER than snoring dope? are we just talking dope or we talking about any opiate? safer to SNORT than to IV? first time I heard this.

You have what i said backwards friend. I said it's safer to IV than snort. I definitely don't feel like melting my brain when it comes to snorting anything in general:(

i think some ppl just have stronger veins then others.... i only used the middle n outside vein on one arm and was never able to not hit and would use the same rig ALOT, and that is def not a good thing and if ya havnt already you will end up with hep c.... thankfully around here the state will give you free treatment but its insane... its 1000 dollars a pill and you have to take it for 80-90 days.... but if your going to do it anyways, try and drink some water, that never hurt... but ive seen ppl shoot in their necks, seen a girl have her bf hit her in the forehead (thats hands down the most intense drug act ive ever seen) and seen a chick hit her self in her titty... theres other options then just the arm BUT its better to just try and stop....

Dude, you have soooo many veins.. Now, they might feel awful to hit, but check BL there's a thread on veins somewhere. My boy hit his fucking palms, dunno how.

Well first thing you gotta do is realize what is going on. You are building up scar tissue. Also if you shoot up often it will swell in the area making it difficult to find veins there.

You need to rotate and use a clean needle every time. You do have veins in your legs. You have more in your arms than you know. Some of them you got to feel for with you fingers. You can put a hot wet compress on your arm to make veins pop out. Also make sure you are hydrated. If you are dehydrated your veins will recede a bit.

I don't know how bad your veins are so I don't know if you just use bad technique, just went on a binge, or have a shitload of scar tissue. I have had some problems in the past where I had open veins that were literally exposed from shooting up so much. After I got an abcess some scarred so bad that they never work. If I was to shoot up in that vein it would go back towards my hand and then down the veins on the other side or just pool under my skin.

You don't want that. I have permanent loss of circulation. So 3 closed mainlines.

I really advise just looking at a detailed vein chart and feeling about on your arm. You do not want to keep hammering away at your last good veins or they will be fucked. Yes you can shoot up in you hands quite easily but there is a price to pay there. You can get some nasty scars and I mean nasty.

You can technically shoot up in some veins going down your fingers. I would advise against hitting "spider" veins that pop up after your main ones are swollen or scarred up. I have had to have blood drawn from the palm of my hand because some nurses were not very good with hitting a vein. One time I just said let me do it and took the needle from the nurse and did it myself which is a big no no.

But I suppose in terms of safety it would go arms, hands, upper arms, legs (shin above the ankle), feet, neck, surface veins (ie chest), and femoral (which is just a terrible idea and I would quit before that.)

You could consider plugging your dope for a while as in using an oral syringe to push the shot in your ass to be absorbed rectally. That has a decent BA. I know its degrading but it just comes along with the territory.

I am pretty sure a vein chart, finding some new veins, rotating, and using clean needles is the best thing to do unless you quit shooting up. That obviously is the best for your health but alot easier said than done.

I have the same problem. I really hope you don't screw up your arms much worse. I am embaressed of the scars I have and sometimes put scar makeup over them. I really just want to tattoo even my hands at this point. If you get a tattoo do not shoot up in it until it is fully healed or you will have holes in the tattoo and that is not a good look.

There is a good guide on here and I think some charts. There is also a good guide online that is a pdf file and I think it is called something like "How to get off right."

i tried hitting my the veins in my hands it was very painful and did not register. i guess I'm guna have to try my legs next but i don't see veins at all in them. also theres a large vein on the inside of my forearm but that doesn't register either

its gotten to the point now that i hate shooting up i haven't gotten a rush in a long time because i keep fucking missing. if i can't find some decent veins to hit soon i might try and give up idk cause this really sucks. I'm about to load up a shot and dig around wish me luck

yea i used my hand once and it still swelled up and i didnt miss the shot... but yea man mabe a break wouldnt be the worst idea... ya could always try n smoke it for a day or two...

Afghani H is NOT made for injection!

what am i going to do? yesterday it took me over 30 minutes of stabbing myself to finally hit one on the underside of my forearm. i tried going into the top of my hand but it didn't register. are my veins permanently fucked? will they heal over time? i will admit that for a time i was using my needles probably up to 7 times maybe even more. it hurts when i try and register now also and I'm sick of missing my shots fuck snorting the dope its not the same.
Of course it isn't, but it WILL be if (by your location I guess you use #3 Afghani smoking heroin base) you purify it, remove all insoluble in COLD water contaminants, which will be hard as 90% of what arrives in this area is cut with mucho unknown chemicals, some of which are not even completely inert, and make a heroin HYDROCHLORIDE or TARTRATE powder. Citrate, which is the main salt injected in the UK and W Europe, is NOT a good idea for insufflation unless you are using fentanyl base.
Diamorphine HCl is also available on the NHS in powder form in vials of 10/30/60/100 and 500mg. So buy some hydrochloric acid (28% dilute is enough! for precise instruction check Rhodium) and check the web for other ways of extracting the crap before making your salt from the base you have - insufflation of the HCl salt IS worth doing, and probably a hundred times safer than injecting Afghan heroin, apart from the Mexican and Columbian varieties the poorest and dirtiest in the world. Expect a yield of about 20%, that is for every gram, you should get around 200mcg of RELATIVELY pure heroin hydrochloride; more than that and you know you have some insoluble crap of dodgy origin in there.
I am old enough to remember when we got nothing but Double U Globe brand from Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Burma, which was around 97% pure HCl salt when it arrived in its distinctive plastic wrapping with the famous globe trademark - ever since c.1981/2 when this brown Afghani came courtesy of the CIA and their funding of anti soviet mujaheddin in Afghanistan, I have been wary of injecting anything except import quality 87% stuff, but even that is so dirty compared with Khun Sa's product that I would be worried about the effect on my body.
Seriously, if you are injecting, acidifying brown base made for smoking in probably filthy conditions is not the way to go. Either purify or get yourself some proper Actavis or Teva vials of pure HCl powder, boxes of five, be VERY careful because the potency will be way beyond anything you have ever experienced.
Make HCl and snort it - it is not so much different from injecting,me specially since the stuff you ARE injecting is not supposed to be used that way in the first place and is not SUITABLE for injection in the second place!
Or I hear that the purest kit in the West is to be found in Baltimore. And it IS the HCl, not Afghani smoking base. So find someone to send you some.
Very dodgy to inject that brown gear indeed.
And it took me over ten years for my veins to recover from a venous collapse in the 1980s, I STLL am unable to get the mainline or the vein that runs down by the ulna. And I now inject only pharmaceutical opiates. Currently oxycodone HCl which is available in several strengths and is IMO superior to DIAMORPHINE for the purpose.
Be careful for God's sake. The stuff has never been worse and requires worked upon in order to make it even viable for proper and clean injecting.
Snort the Hydrochloride is my main advice.:|

If you think the tops of you hands smart, your leg is not to be better in terms of pain. I suppose the least painful one is the one above your ankle kind right above the bulging bone on the inside of your ankle. It runs straight up from your foot. Foot shots fucking hurt sometimes. That leg vein can smart too.

OP are you tying off when you shoot up? It is something that you really should do if you are not. Be kind to your veins if you want them to last. Even then later on you will still end up trying to take as good of care as possible of what you have left.

Try putting a kink in your belt and maybe using a hot compress to make your veins pop out a bit.

Also try hitting up some gatorade.

I am sure there are a bunch of good veins in your arm you haven't found if you can't even handle the pain of doing it in your hand.

It just comes along with the territory of shooting up, moving your injection site that is and usually to more painful areas of your body.

^ no. i get the #4 here where i live, the best kind that ECP heroin

yea in the states i think its only #4 and BTH... i wouldnt mind tryin BTH or #3 one day but for now i must remain clean....

i saw something the other day that as the mexicans get a stronger hold on the market #4 is gona disapear from the east coast and it will be the death of brand name bags... hell pretty much outside of NYC, philly n pitt the shits already gone, itll be sad to see that artform die