• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much alcohol and benzos are needed to OD?

Apollo16

Bluelighter
The other weekend, I took 4mg of Clonazepam at 1:10PM, and another 4mg at 2:10PM, with almost no tolerance. At 7:15 PM, I downed 5x7% 250ml cans of Smirnoff and Gurana. I blacked out and went to a local bar, where from 11:30 PM-1 AM, I drank 990ml of 5% beer, and 330ml of a 7% abv Smirnoff and lemonade drink. My memory of the night is patchy, but apparently I did not fall unconcious at any point. In the morning, I was horrified that I had let my inhibitions slip to a point where I was prepared to drink on high doses of benzos, but was also amazed to still be alive. I have heard many stories of people taking 2mg Xanax with a few beers and dying. I am of average height and slim build. What saved me? Is the combo overrated in danger?

If you blacked out, how in fuck do you know your alcohol intake to the milliliter? Are you interested in dying? Or are you just trying to brag about your klonopin and booze bender? Because a blackout is a compete waste of your recreational resources. If you black out, what joy are you having? You could get laid and not even know it -- so what's the point? Clearly you know how much will make you lose your recall, the next step is either reining that amount in so you can actually figure out your maximum threshold, or just killing yourself altogether. If it's the former, I'm happy to help. If it's the latter, call a suicide hotline. I'd cut the benzo dose you took in half for starters.

If you blacked out, how in fuck do you know your alcohol intake to the milliliter? Are you interested in dying? Or are you just trying to brag about your klonopin and booze bender? Because a blackout is a compete waste of your recreational resources. If you black out, what joy are you having? You could get laid and not even know it -- so what's the point? Clearly you know how much will make you lose your recall, the next step is either reining that amount in so you can actually figure out your maximum threshold, or just killing yourself altogether. If it's the former, I'm happy to help. If it's the latter, call a suicide hotline. I'd cut the benzo dose you took in half for starters.

you have the complete wrong idea buddy. I am in no way braging about this, in fact I am deeply, deeply ashamed in myself. My benzo dose was high because I didin't intend to drink later, but then lost ALL inhibitions and decided to. I think I even forgot that I had taken benzos, as crazy as that sounds, but I later found a note in my room which I had recorded the dosage amounts and times, and they match with the amount of pills missing from my stash. I know my alcohol intake because I checked my bank records and each drink is accounted for with debit card purchases, except for a $10 note, which I admit could have been used for anything, although I conciously remmeber drinking all of the other drinks. The blackout I am talking about is the initial blackout that accompanied the 5x250ml 7% abv cans. This lasted for about three hours, and my mum recalls me stumbling around the house, and calling my friends. From then on, I recall short clips of memory for most of the night, and the rest has been filled in for me by friends who helped me at the bar.

To answer the question of the thread title, you can't tell. Everyone is different and it is really one of those "how long is a piece of string"

As for the rest of your post. I am glad you see the error in your ways, even if you didn't OD and are capable of consuming the amounts above. Being out and about in that state, you could have easily got hit by a car or fallen and hit your head. Also being that wasted and not remembering the night in my opinion is a waste of a good time as you are past the point of enjoying everything and just pissing your money against the wall.

Glad you are safe and well now though

Oh, I see. I didn't realize your mom was involved. It's starting to make more sense now. Anyhow... It's a good thing you dropped your last $10 on blowing that rent boy instead of having another drink. You were just a mere 250ml of Smirnoff Ice away from death.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize your mom was involved. It's starting to make more sense now. Anyhow... It's a good thing you dropped your last $10 on blowing that rent boy instead of having another drink. You were just a mere 250ml of Smirnoff Ice away from death.

Woah, buddy. You know, I've looked at some of your posts since you posted in the New Members section. Pretty much every single thing you've posted has been negative and even insulting in some cases. Obviously the OP, as he's already stated, feels embarrassed and ashamed about this. So people ridiculing him and making fun of him probably makes him feel worse. And what does that solve, really? Not a whole lot.That's my two cents.

The other weekend, I took 4mg of Clonazepam at 1:10PM, and another 4mg at 2:10PM, with almost no tolerance. At 7:15 PM, I downed 5x7% 250ml cans of Smirnoff and Gurana. I blacked out and went to a local bar, where from 11:30 PM-1 AM, I drank 990ml of 5% beer, and 330ml of a 7% abv Smirnoff and lemonade drink. My memory of the night is patchy, but apparently I did not fall unconcious at any point. In the morning, I was horrified that I had let my inhibitions slip to a point where I was prepared to drink on high doses of benzos, but was also amazed to still be alive. I have heard many stories of people taking 2mg Xanax with a few beers and dying. I am of average height and slim build. What saved me? Is the combo overrated in danger?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I'm puzzled by the same thing. About 3 years ago was in the hospital because my liver enzyme levels were in the 13 ,000, causing Acetaminophen Liver Damage. I'm extremely lightweight; 5'8" and - at the time - 125-130 pounds. I don't recall what they stuck into my IV, but it cured my liver in a week. I'm not saying your incident was intentional, but my point is that sometimes our weight or tolerance doesn't make a difference. Sometimes it does. However, I think that select people who have survived excessive amounts of their DOC or otherwise feel like their body can handle it again. But that's totally not the case. It's good to hear that you are still here! And try not to beat yourself up about it too much. But it's also helpful to have an experience like this as a motivator to be cautious in the future. Hope all is well!

Woah, buddy. You know, I've looked at some of your posts since you posted in the New Members section. Pretty much every single thing you've posted has been negative and even insulting in some cases. Obviously the OP, as he's already stated, feels embarrassed and ashamed about this. So people ridiculing him and making fun of him probably makes him feel worse. And what does that solve, really? Not a whole lot.That's my two cents.

Yeah I notice a lot of homophobic, judgemental, tough guy, mommas boy, limp dicked, shit for brains comments, out of Elvis Dills too. I would suggest he remove his pin head from his tight ass and fucks right off before I have to troll the shit out of him