• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol! Your thoughts and experience with it!

Xvike-kingX

Greenlighter
Hey there guys i'm new to posting here, although all through my High School and adult life i've been going on here and reading threads. So today I've finally made my 1st official Bluelight account and couldn't be happier to start talking with the community!

Reason i say tramadol is because i have recently gotten my hands on quite a few pills to last me a few months haha! I have a very long history of taking painkillers and it's been about a year since i've taken tramadol. What experience have you guys had with it? Since my tolerance is low i start my 1st dose of the day at 4 50mg pills and every 4-6 hours take 2 more 50mg pills to keep that great warm buzzed feeling going throughout the day! Also when it comes to withdrawal and tramadol, i'd have to say it's harsher on Trams than Vicodin. Anyone know why?

-VK

Be careful. I witnessed a friend of mine have a seizure on 300mg.

It's a strange opiate, feels really speedy and then chills out into a more classic stuck-to-the-sofa high.

I used to love the stuff and someone I knew would sell my mate and I her prescription. I hammered it for months, and didn't really feel any withdrawal upon stopping.

But watching my mate have a seizure on what we naively thought were 'safe' doses really scared the shit out of me (and him obviously).

There's a tramadol mega thread you'll find informative in the other drugs mega thread section.

Very weird drug......for me, its a great drug as an antidepressant (I think it should be given out for depression)

Its also speedy for me, can never sleep on it........

Can also cause brain zaps, & IMO, its a dirty high.........I always needed to take it with Valium or Soma to level off the speediness.

Its worthless for my pain........but for others, it does wonders for their pain.

Tramadol is broken down very well by some people chemistry while it doesn't for others.

Just a weird drug & I won't take it anymore........

I love Tramadol and use it daily. But be careful. It affects your lungs. It can cause you to stop breathing. At around 600 MG, I wound up in the hospital because my lungs did not work without help.

charlie

Tramadol is an odd substance, it's a bit "speedy" then goes into a little bit out of couch lock in my experiences with it. And of course the seizure issues with higher doses 300mg+ usually.

I believe the wds from Tram,(horrible, useless, shitty drug), not to mention dangerous, are related to the ssri qualities. Messes with your brain chemistry as well as the usual physical wds when you quit. Double whammy!

Rtp

I don't like tramadol: it's especially dangerous (for me) because I take an SNRI which makes the risk of seizures much higher (although there is a risk for everyone), it doesn't help with pain, and for me there is no real high. I'd rather take kratom, personally.

As someone who uses 120-140mg of oxymorphone at times, who has a high tolerance...I swear I like some of the effects I get from Trams.

It helps me with withdrawal at around 150-200mg dose. It makes me super happy several hours after initial dose.

As someone who uses 120-140mg of oxymorphone at times, who has a high tolerance...I swear I like some of the effects I get from Trams.

It helps me with withdrawal at around 150-200mg dose. It makes me super happy several hours after initial dose.
Yeah same for me, well at least as far as its recreational value goes, I don't use it for withdrawal. This drug seems to have recreational value for some but not for others. I have gave a friend a dose I usually take recently because he wanted to try it, he didn't feel a thing and he's completely opiate-naive. If I take the same dose I have a pleasant glow, some euphoria, some stimulation and if I smoke weed with it even a bit of genuine nodding. I like it for its recreational value but am careful of my dosage because of its risk for seizures

Last edited:
I remember when I was young and basically willing to try anything while desperate...

Ending up taking a bit of gabapentin and tramadol and I was fucked up and feeling nice.

Threw up on my way back from dinner, but that can be the result of any opioid, never had an urge to want to use it again.

To be honest despite implying I felt good, I just never really was overly enthusiastic about this drug.

Was prescribed this not too long ago, threw away the script.

Yeah same for me, well at least as far as its recreational value goes, I don't use it for withdrawal. This drug seems to have recreational value for some but not for others. I have a friend a dose I usually take recently because he wanted to try it, he didn't feel a thing and he's completely opiate-naive. If I take the same dose I have a pleasant glow, some euphoria, some stimulation and if I smoke weed with it even a bit of genuine nodding. I like it for its recreational value but am careful of my dosage because of its risk for seizures

Yes, scared of seizure, which is why I limit to 150mg. I never mix anything with them and they really help with the leg aches from withdrawal.

Only negative is the wide eyes. Lol
My eyes are huge on trams. Love the happy feeling, though. It's a hit or miss I guess.y

My astral goat named Herbie has a lot experience with Tramadol.

IMPORTANT! Try to avoid smoking cigarettes while you are on a high dose of Tramadol. I still can't understand why doctors doesn't talk about it. Herbie's a chainsmoker, and one time after a hard week of work he took 200-250 mgs of Tram. He felt really nice and relaxed (opiates gives "relaxed" a whole new meaning :D ) and some kinda happy. It's not like the hydrocodone's, overwhelming happiness, but still some... And then he lighted up a cigarette. Instant seizures. It was very unpleasant feeling, luckily it only lasted for a couple of seconds. Then he took one last hit just to make sure its caused by the cig, and yes it is. After that he never smoked while he was on Tram.

Tramadol doesn't have as much recreational value as the withdrawal sucks (even after just a couple of days of using) so if anyone wants to mess around Trams I'd recommend to try it at once, and then leave it alone for a long while. At first it gaved Herbie incredible euphoria, I wish he would stop there. The longest time he used it was a week (everyday) and after that, the true horror began. His whole body was shaking, overwhelming pain (literraly) from his ass to the top his head. A headache that he never experienced before, it was stronger then the one he had the morning after a drinking contest, where he drank 1,5 liter of Jack Daniels. And some extreme anxiety as if it wasn't enough. (Herbie is very anxious, so maybe it's not the Trams' fault, but it made it 10 times stronger.).

He mixed it with alcohol three times, without a problem, but maybe he was just lucky. Herbie has a tolerance of a horse when it comes to alcohol, so maybe that was the reason why nothing bad happened. :D (2 liters of wine, 500 mgs of Tram).

I really enjoyed tramadol until daily kratom use destroyed my tolerance. I still enjoy it somewhat and wouldn't turn down a script if I could get it.

It's an unpopular opinion but i personally really like tramadol, even a 50-75mg dose is enough for me to feel opiate like effects. I can also get really high off 150mg, that's my usual dose when i do it and there's no need to take more than 200mg if you're a good metabolizer.
No real risk of seizures if you keep your doses low, if you need to take more than 200mg to feel something then maybe tramadol is not really for you.