• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prozac... eperiences anybodyÉ

Prozac is an antidepressant with SSRI properties and is used for major depressive disorder, bulimia, obsessive-compulsive disorder and some other psychiatric conditions. It can take a few weeks to start to feel benefit from them. I was prescribed Prozac some years ago and they helped my mood a little. It's not recreational though so if that's what you're looking for, you would be disappointed.

Yes indeed there is no recreational value in antidepressants as they take a couple weeks to fully take effect in your brain.

Prozac did wonders for my depression when I was a teenager. It also made much more outgoing and extroverted. At one point I was taking 60 milligrams of Prozac a day with 150 milligrams of Wellbutrin. Looking back that sure seems like a lot of medication to prescribe a fifteen year old kid. So IME Prozac helps with depression, but as stated above it takes weeks to feel any therapeutic benefits and has no recreational value whatsoever.

It also helped me a lot as it was one of the first real effective anti depressants. I believe it was the first one from the modern generation.
However, I remember having some side effects, nausea, and others that I can´t remember.
With time though, I changed to Remeron because of these side effects and it also worked fine. Other type of side effects, more tolerable, etc.
It was different, more effective but very much alike.
For some reason nowadays most of these anti depressants make you gain weight by decreasing your metabolism. It happens very frequently.

^^^

SSRIs get a bad reputation but if you've been helped by them you know that they have value.

Prozac helped me for many years with my social anxiety and OCD and it continues to help others.

However, it has no recreational value.

^^^

SSRIs get a bad reputation but if you've been helped by them you know that they have value.

Prozac helped me for many years with my social anxiety and OCD and it continues to help others.

However, it has no recreational value.

This is what I always thought, but Erikmen is of a different opinion - clicky!

I'm currently on 40mg Prozac daily. Have been for years. It has pulled me back from a dark place but it didn't get rid of my depression. It wasn't a miracle drug for me. However, I haven't taken it for the past 2-3 weeks because I want to take DXM and you can't mix prozac or any SSRI's with DXM as it can be fatal.

I was on prozac for about a year once, and had good results...I think my dose was 40 mg daily too. It helped me get out of a really dark period in my life following some traumatic events. However, the side effects did suck: had no sex drive, felt very "flattened" emotionally after awhile, and it also seemed to basically block MDMA from affecting me, which at the time bothered me. Which is why I eventually went off it. It can be a great tool if depression is taking over your life though.

It gave me lots of anxiety, and made me want to go get drunk at 3pm. It made me numb. and I had no sex drive.

I can't stand my penis not being able to function. I took it for 6 months