L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

am I just being used?

ChristBait

Bluelighter
So my best friend just told me recently that CPS is no longer going to be paying for his methadone treatment beginning next month. I've known this guy for the last couple years now and we've been really close friends since we met in rehab. I've been with him through thick and thin and have helped him in any way I can any time he needed it. Problem is, he's in the position where he always needs financial help, because he's raising 4 kids along with his girlfriend, and neither of them work since they both collect welfare. He's always been there for me too, especially in the last couple months, since I've been struggling with a heroin addiction. He's always kept me well even when I didn't have the money, by getting fronts from his connect.
However, a few months ago I caught him in a lie, where he told me that he was with his girl, and they both got pulled over by a cop. He told me that he threw 28 grams of H down a sewer he was standing next to when the cop wasn't looking. So because of that, he was 28 Gs in the hole that he would have to pay his connect or his life would have been in danger. Knowing that I would go out of my way to help him out of that, but not necessarily asking for the money from me, up front, but rather asking me if I could take him boosting almost every day for that month, until he got enough to pay his debt. Well, later that night that he told me this, I call up his girlfriend to ask her about the situation. Oddly enough, she knew nothing about it... but actually had to call him to ask him what she should say to me, so both their stories could match. Now obviously this is a huge betrayal on his part, but I was eventually willing to let it go. He knows me well enough to know how much I care about him and would go to any length to help him. And after helping him any chance I could in the last couple years since he's been in program, giving him rides, buying him food for his family, and loaning him money every time I could. But they wouldn't even be considered loans since I know he would never be able to pay me back because of the circumstances he's in, with never having any money himself, since he's always just barely getting by from his welfare.

So about a month ago, he tells me that CPS are no longer going to be paying for his methadone treatment, that he's been on for the last couple years. So of course, I offer to help him, and we work out a deal to where if he could bring me dinner every night, since I just moved into a house right around the corner from his house, I would pay the $280 he needed for MMT every month. He wouldn't really be losing anything out of the deal, since we agreed that he would be cooking with the food that I would have to buy myself.. so all it would cost him is his time.

My concern at this point is that he's just giving me another story cuz he knows I would go out of my way to help him, since I wouldn't want him to get sick and inevitably relapse and lose everything again, that I've helped him to get back. Considering that I've already caught him lying before, in order to get money from me, I'm just worried that he's taking advantage of my generosity and our friendship. He knows that if he would just ask me for the money that I would just give it to him every month, because I know its going to go towards putting a roof over his head and food on his family's plate. The other night I asked him to bring me the papers from the clinic to show me proof that he really does need it. He sounded a little hesitant but said he could do it. Question is, should I even try to get proof of his claim, or just give him the money every month without question? Obviously if I caught him lying it would put a huge strain on our friendship. Now, I really don't want to lose him as a friend but at the same time I don't want to be seen as just a tool that gets used as a doormat by people that know of my empathy and generous nature. Plus, I really don't make that good of money and an extra $280 a month would mean around 20 more hours of work I would have to put in at my 2 jobs. I've always tried to help out anyone in my life in any way I can, those that I see as less fortunate than me. But I don't want people to take my kindness for weakness either.

I feel like this relationship seems like kind of a one way street. You are willing to spend twenty hours of your hard earned money on this guy so he does not get sick, but you can only do so much for someone. He probably does take advantage of you for your kindness, not that he does not consider you as a good friend and everything but he realizes you will do anything for him. I have been in your situation and understand what you are saying. The best advice I can give is to just stop now. You can't keep helping someone that is not willing to help themselves.

He has already lied to you once and has a serious drug problem. It is bound to happen again. He sounds sketchy man.

ya u might be being used.
mods r gonna hate how this is in the wrong section but whocares the sections dont rly mean much anyway
just dont go to the Lounge, everyone there is a dick

a ounce of dope?? down the sewer and he didnt try and go get it?? shit i would held my kids ankles (thankfully i dont have ne kids but im sure i could found one lol) and had em scoop it out... for fucks sake.... even if it was BTH thats a good chuck of change... but yea if you usually have to ask yourself ar you being used your most like gettin used....

Last edited:
$280 dollars is a lot of money for you to come up with every month. I know he and his girlfriend are both on welfare, but he could find something under the table to pay for his methadone. He says Medicaid is cutting him off, but aren't there discount programs for low-income? I would inquire because you've already caught him in a lie and he could be blowing smoke up your ass.

when I caught him in the last lie, and when I called him to confront him about it, at the time, he tried to turn the tables on me and actually told me that he was mad. Why, cuz I pulled his covers? Then actually hung up on me and texted me later saying how I'm not being a good friend by not trusting him. But if I didn't catch him that time, I would have spent around 60 to 80 hours that month, taking time off from my work schedule, in order to take him boosting every day so he could get enough money to pay back his alleged connect. And he knew too, that if we weren't able to come up on that $1k that he owed, I would inevitably have to reach into my own pocket to pay the remainder, just to save his life. That money that would have supposedly needed to go to his connect, would have ended up in his own pocket. So for him to take advantage of our friendship knowing how much I care about him enough to not want to see him get hurt cuz of owing drug money, really gave me major trust issues from that point on. And considering that I'm having a hard enough time now funding my own habit, which is already setting me back about $200 - $300 weekly, I can't really afford to finance anyone else's addiction, even if its only methadone.

So what if I do find out he's lying? I really don't want to end our friendship cuz he helps me out too when I need it, mostly by getting me fronts. On the other hand, if he is telling the truth then I have no problem with giving him the $280 just to keep him from going cold turkey and inevitably relapsing and possibly losing everything cuz of it.

Last edited:
Drug users are extremely resourceful if it means getting their fix. If there is a common theme of him telling you his financial problems and kind of indirectly looking to you for answers then he's prob scheming because he's desperate. Also, It doesn't even necessarily mean he doesn't care about you but he would do the same to his own mother I'm sure. Sounds like your intuition says he is using you but you're letting emotion cloud your judgement.

Please do not take him "boosting" if that means breaking into cars or stealing cars. I would suggest making some new friends anywhere and just lie to this guy and say you're having financial difficulties if he ever asks for money again.

stop paying for someone who is using you

a friend who wants your money is a parasite, not a friend.

wow i would not be spending time with a money hungry user

agreed

don't let any feelings you have continue to cloud your mind

from the outside looking in, this person is using you

that you both enable each other is also a huge red flag

break off any contact with this person

you should being doing you, not being done

He's totally using you. Even if his clinic did start charging him, that's his problem and you shouldn't have to work an extra 20 hours just so he won't get sick. It's his responsibility to make sure his mmt not yours. You're not even like dating him or family. He's a loser cut your ties, people like that only bring you down.

You have a bleeding heart like I do, especially when kids are involved. I get used at times, but it's my own fault.

If you insist on paying, go pay the fees yourself.
Otherwise, he will spend it.

It's not your responsibility to carry another human being who is capable of working. You didn't cause his issues. Until you realize that this is a very unhealthy, codependent relationship, you're bound.

Trust me, I know what it's like, and have changed my # recently, cutting a few people off.

In my experience, no good relationship arises from a meeting in rehab. Just let him fend for himself. You sound like a good mark for a shitbag addict to keep milking. And he only really helped you out by putting you in his debt via maintaining your addiction. That's not really help.

You are this guys hussle. Friends don't take advantage like he's doing to you. Leave him alone before you end up broke or in jail.

Thanks for all the advice guys I'm really taking it to heart. At this point it would be very hard for me to cut off ties with him, damn near impossible. I'll even admit that in this relationship, we're mutually using eachother. He uses me for the money that I'm capable of getting for him, and I'm using him for the hookups that he gets on fronts for the H. But I think it would be safe to say that I care and have way more respect for him then he does for me. If I didn't help him with the money, then he's going to have to go out hustling for it, which would mean going out boosting, and putting himself in danger of getting caught up. If he gets arrested for anything, they would undoubtedly deport him back to Mexico, since he lost his green card years ago. Then what would happen to his family? It would be so hard for me to deny helping him even when I have the full capability to do it. He's really not a bad guy and I got alot of love for him and his family, its just that its very hard for him to get a job cuz of his priors on his record and not even being a US citizen. If anything should happen to him I would probably end up bailing him out anyways or worse, I would feel partially responsible.