• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 2nd week on Suboxone 24mg per day

fizzymk

Bluelighter
I went to my Sub doc yesterday, all went well, he is going to continue me on the 8mg strips, 3x a day, since many people on here thought this was a high dose, I asked the doctor about Sub dosage, he said 24 mg is not considered a high dose, said its a fairly common amount they use to start people out on..???

Im wondering if its different in different areas, parts of the country? Thats the only thing I can think of anyway that would explain the difference in dosing scheudles, not sure tho.

The 'high' Sub gave me at first leveled out a bit, I dont get that euphoric off it now as I did the first few days, kind of just 'holding' me at feeling somewhat good/ normal, but it does tend to keep me in a good mood, a bit impatient with other people when on it, but other than that, I feel pretty good.

Thanks.

First rule of going to sub docs is they don't know shiite about sub. They took a 30 min class that's supposed to make them an expert. You can play around with lowering your dose and I bet you won't notice withdrawal symptoms going down to 16mg. 24mg is certainly a high dose and many would say you're likely exceeding the dose at which the bupe effects plateau.

Well, it's not a high dose compared to what most doctors Rx, but most doctors are quacks, or else we'd all have Morphine as maintenance meds.

The thing is, with bupe, it's half life is around 36 hours so if your taking 3 a day, at the end of the year you'll probably have like 100mg of bupe just left in your system...or do the math idk how much that's a guess.
But the point is, it accumulates in your body, which probably isn't great for your tolerance, among other things.

If you actually NEED 3 to get thru everyday, then by all means...But if you can just do 1 or 2 and still feel normal/ok/good it would be a lot better for you. IME, the less sub I take the better I feel. To me 4mg>8mg. I know that don't compute in your junkie brain, but less is sometimes more.

I don't take sub regularly at all, only when I run out of full Mu-agonists. I don't get much of a "high" even from real opioids, and suboxone provides pretty much 1% euphoria for me..so barely any. I only take it to keep from shitting/aching/killing people lol jk.

Basically, if you're using 3 8mg suboxone everyday in an attempt to get 'high", i'd suggest you cut back while you can. Suboxone is just a very complex drug, and a very potent opioid, but I think i'd rather smoke pot 24/7 then try to get high on suboxone...and the herb would actually get me high.

Don't get me wrong now i'm on the opiates pretty badly myself, and just a week ago I was seriously considering seeking out Methadone/Suboxone treatment, but TBH I can't stand the 24+hour half life, greatly reduced positive effects, and the like. I'd rather struggle everyday knowing i have a little light way on down the tunnel, as opposed to turning the lights off and jumping down the tunnel, hoping it'll be just as sunny on the other side know what I mean?

Good luck man, just take as much sub as you NEED...don't try to get high on the shit, because that's a game you can't win, especially with Bupe, forgive me but that stuff is just garbage, and methadone too.
The government wants us all hooked on garbage just to spite our very human craving for fresh cupcakes, ya dig? Fuck them.

You got think about what the doctor's motives are for puting you on such a high dose, and it is a high dose. The higher the dose the more it's impossible to use on top so less likely to relapse. Also the higher your dose, the longer your on it, meaning the less likelihood you'll relapse for a longer time. The longer you go without relapsing the less chances you'll ever relapse again as it gives you a chance to start a new life, do normal things and get into healthy routines. I do find being on 4mg a day is perfect for me. I still get a nice buzz for the first 4 hours and keeps me in a good mood for the rest of the day. The only problem with being on 4mg is I know I could wait 24hrs and use and feel it pretty good still. Though I would have to use just a little more then normal. That's fine though as I'm pretty strong minded these days. Do what works for you.
Good luck.

This is just my personal experience. I was on 3 8 mg subutex a day before, and took them. I now use less than 2 mg sub a day to hold me. And my heroin habit hasn't changed, when I am not using the subs. I have found that less truly is more, and on my induction day, I don't take more than 2mg. The doctors make you think you need more, I think its because that's what they were taught but also at a higher dose, its blocking effects for full agonists are huge.

I think hes giving me this dose to discourage using H or other opiates (for the blocking effect), Im not using Sub to get high, went on it, cuz my life was getting out of control on dope, legal worries were starting to become more of a problem, as my connection got busted in a big raid, this got me fucking scared...as I was set to cop from them like 2 hours later in the day...it couldve easily been me getting caught up in that shit, plus, I looked on the county jails website eariler today, the 'client' that my connect was meeting when the pigs rushed in, is STILL in jail, all she had was a simple buy/possess under 2g charge, plus I think she had a possession of paraphernalia...still, that COULD have been me sitting in jail withdrawling if the pigs had waited couple hours later in the day!!

Besides that, I was spending like every bit of money I got my hands on, as soon as I got it, for dope...something had to give eventually, could not keep going like this.

I do miss that 'rush' of H and other opiates, but if I play the record the whole way thru, I was basically spending every dime i had, to JUST get to feeling normal (not sick), yeah, I did enjoy that initial rush of euphoria, but that doesnt last too long, and if I didnt use before the end of the day again, i would start getting sick..fucking crazy trying to live like this, during the end of my time using, I was deciding whether to go into work or not based on if I had any dope to use before/after and how much I had in general, having some for the next morning was always important, but HARD to control yourself to save that amount, if it was in front of me, I wanted to use it, not put it away for later, and crazy how your brain can justify using it all right then! lol

My life on suboxone is not great, but not bad either, Im not sick, not constantly worrying about money/ dope/ pigs, etc. I can actually spend money on other things, shit I havent bought for long time, like renting movies, buying a new pair of shoes,etc. havent done any of this in awhile, so I guess I could say Im currently content.

Congrats on making the change. Suboxone is a great step in the right direction when used properly. Life will just keep getting better from here on in. Stay strong.

Well that is a high dose, but do what works for ya, don't know what your habbit was, soo 24mg might be needed. BUT if you are in the US and getting a monthly script I would start off with One 8mg strip...if that's not enough 12mg a day(8mg in the morning, 4mg in the evening, OR just all 12 at once...Sub works differntly for differnt people sooo some people do better on higher doses, some ultra low doses, some medium doses. Reason I say maybe start with 8mg a day is this would give you an advantage of having extras for when ya taper, or if something happens to your doctor. Just start low if you can(take the 24mg if you need it!!!!) and, as we all know Subs are fuckin' expensive, so if on a lower dose it will definaley help if for some reason you dont have the money to go to the doctor for the month...