• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and Abilify.

Generic84

Bluelighter
Hey,

I was recently prescribed Abilify 10 mg for PDNOS, I have abstained from Cannabis since September. I'm about to acquire some on Saturday. I have read different things online, some saying Abilify seems to enhance Cannabis, others saying it will dull it and would require more than normal to get high. Does anyone have any experience or documentation on this? Thanks, a lot.

Hey,

I was recently prescribed Abilify 10 mg for PDNOS, I have abstained from Cannabis since September. I'm about to acquire some on Saturday. I have read different things online, some saying Abilify seems to enhance Cannabis, others saying it will dull it and would require more than normal to get high. Does anyone have any experience or documentation on this? Thanks, a lot.

Abilify is an antipsychotic, i have a little bit of experience with it, and found it didn't effect my cannabis high
risperidone which i went on first first enhanced the high to the point of closed eye visuals, then dulled it after awhile as it is sedating, more so then abilify,
but abilify is a relatively new antipsychotic, so there is not as much documentation on it

No I don't think cannabis would interact with abilify in any way.. one thing you wanna watch out for is weight gain, abilify is going to make you gain weight and mixing that with weed might not be the best idea.

No I don't think cannabis would interact with abilify in any way.. one thing you wanna watch out for is weight gain, abilify is going to make you gain weight and mixing that with weed might not be the best idea.
also I happen to know that abilify is an atypical anti physcotic wich means you arnt going to get very many side effects and for you that's a good thing if your planning on smoking weed

also I happen to know that abilify is an atypical anti physcotic wich means you arnt going to get very many side effects and for you that's a good thing if your planning on smoking weed

Yeah, doesn't really have many side effects, I've noticed. Gained some weight though. Cool that it doesn't seem to interact, will be nice to get a good buzz after five months. Thanks \m/.

Yeah, doesn't really have many side effects, I've noticed. Gained some weight though. Cool that it doesn't seem to interact, will be nice to get a good buzz after five months. Thanks \m/.

Abilify was marketed as a less drowsy antipsychotic, i assure you there are plenty of side effects, but thoose ususally set in after your body had aclimated to the drug,
on risperidone i felt like i couldn't operate a conversation without being boring, there was the weight gain, then the sensitive nipples, i know a female on the drug, that lactated,
that being said abilify is much newer, i am pretty sure it can still cause Tardive dyskinesia, which symptoms don't develop till later in life Tardive dyskinesia.

you mentioned you were diagnosed with pdnos, did you mean pddnos the autism spectrum disorder? or just a panic disorder nos

Abilify was marketed as a less drowsy antipsychotic, i assure you there are plenty of side effects, but thoose ususally set in after your body had aclimated to the drug,
on risperidone i felt like i couldn't operate a conversation without being boring, there was the weight gain, then the sensitive nipples, i know a female on the drug, that lactated,
that being said abilify is much newer, i am pretty sure it can still cause Tardive dyskinesia, which symptoms don't develop till later in life Tardive dyskinesia.

you mentioned you were diagnosed with pdnos, did you mean pddnos the autism spectrum disorder? or just a panic disorder nos

I'm sure there are side effects, mostly hyperactivity and weight gain for me. I'm generally a pretty hyper person though. Yeah, Risperdone was horrible. Right now the doctors are trying to figure it all out. I have hashimoto's more than likely, hypothyroidism. On 50mcg of Levothyroxine. It's Psychotic Disorder not otherwise specified. But hypothyroidism can mimic that too and I'm feeling more alert, noticing more mental acuity lately, so I'm not sure how much of it is a disorder and how much of it is do to the hashimoto's?

hi im on abifily and had a bad experience with weed

the story goes i was searching websites for interactions for weed and abifily and came across an fda report saying that the combination of the two can cause diabetic nephropathy i thought to myself i dont care about being a diabetic thats cool with me well i then decided to go to amsterdam and smoked 1 small spliff i mean it was a single rizla with tobacco when it kicked in my kidneys and heart went really cold and my groin was so painful it was like i was kicked in the balls really hard now freaking out i decided to look up diabetic nephropathy and found out its related to kidney failure and chronic kidney disease how dumb am i well for nearly 4 days my kidneys have been killing me and i have had trouble ejaculating turns out your kidneys are related to your sex drive @_@ so im hoping i dont need a kidney transplant i keep gettin pretty severe kidney failure symptoms so i wouldnt reccomend mixing weed with abifily not cool it totally ruined my holiday