Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MK-801 or Dizocilpine. (Dissociative)

λlτεrηιτγ

Greenlighter
MK-801 or Dizocilpine. (Dissociative) / 2.5mg

Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster. I've been around other forums for a few years under "PsilocybeChild" and "λlτεrηιτγ" but figured this would be the most respectable place to post a trip report of a synthetic. On to the report:

I'll start by saying I'm very experienced with drugs in general and especially exploring states of the mind produced by psychedelics. I've recently taken a keen interest in dissociative psychedelics after falling in love with Methoxetamine, which had become my favorite recreational drug. Even over the seductions of I.V. Heroin. I love drugs with good character, depth, and which produce conscious spaces in which it can seem that a sentient intelligence can guide the experience or entity contact is a proposition; sensations of immersive explorations of the realms of the mind are possible, and mind/thoughts are stimulated.

After having an enduring relationship with Methoxetamine that still has an endearing place in my heart, I began searching for dissociative psychedelics that were more psychedelic. Methoxetamine produced a wonderful body high, enhanced perception and enjoyment of music, stimulation of thoughts and at large doses, a hole in which I could float through alien rooms seeing hyper-realistic textured walls seeming to replace the room around me. Sometimes with the visual impression that I was floating through the rooms on my bed still beneath me. This quality of visual phenomena is only visible in pitchblack. I wear a ?€œMindfold?€. MXE provided a beautiful launching pad for certain other drugs like coca tea, cannabis or psychedelics, especially ones like DMT and salvia which is much more enjoyable with the body high and warmth of MXE. When properly respected and given intention saliva can be quite loving.

I had tried pure DXM which caused that terribly itchy flushed skin sensation in which a two hour long warm bath must be sought during the come up. DXM also, for me, produced a mostly amnesiac experience at various dosage ranges without producing much psychedelic qualities. It was a sharper, rougher, longer mxe-like experience. 3-MeO-PCP felt like a speedier more manic MXE with some toxic (cardiac arrhythmia) next day effects. Possibly a shitty batch? It made me worry of traces of cyanide left over from synthesis. And Ketamine was very interesting, though I was never able to reach deeper states with the material I had. I'm also interest in 4-MeO-PCP and wish that I had gotten some back when I had a cheap source. I had been intimidated by the long duration, but it's still a lot shorter than this stuff.

I've read Vice's ?€œInterview with a Ketamine Chemist?€.
http://www.vice.com/read/interview-with-ketamine-chemist-704-v18n2
and adder's blulight thread on PCP and some ketamine analogs he'd synthesized and tried on himself.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/504286-PCP-analogs-(Cumulative)
I'd found these very interesting and enjoyable reads.

MK-801 or Dizocilpine, which I prefer, but keep mistakenly pronouncing as Disciplozine (Diz-s-aigh-plo-zine), I had heard of and read about. I reread all the erowid experience reports in anticipation of trying this new dissociative and I think was able to find, maybe one, elsewhere online. ?€œThe Most Beautiful Lobotomy I Ever Had?€ is the best trip report on the chemical:
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=94476
It is a long but thoroughly worthwhile read. There are some literary masterpieces which are typed trip reports published on Erowid. I would have probably submitted this trip report there if they had not failed to publish my trip report of 4-HO-MET and the Bannisteriopsis muricata (ayahuasca) vine, which was one of my best trip reports I bothered to write, and which I had not saved after polishing for their site.

Anyway, on to the experience. I don't have much to say about the trip itself, but more a retrospective on the experience brought on by the drug and thereafter. I started by IM'ing 1mg of the drug and then playing pool with some friends. This is quite a high dose to start but I have a very high tolerance to dissociatives after using MXE almost daily for a while. After a couple hours I plugged booster doses twice more. I think 500 micrograms and then 750 micrograms but it could have been a bit more. The full come up from initial dose took probably about six hours. The longest come-up I've experienced from any drug I've tried.

The experience was a very crystalline sharp dissociative psychedelic experience. One that makes MXE feel very blurry and not as nice. MK-801 is the LSD of dissociative psychedelics. I began my initial dose around 6pm and was tripping for the entirety of the next day, though very functional in the late afternoon and on into the night. In the erowid trip report I mentioned, he reported ?€œIt seriously makes insomnia from DXM or amphetamines look like a joke.?€ Which is true, it is a drug with a very long duration. It is described a few times in the few trip reports that exist, as bizarre and feeling ?€œwrong?€. I disagree on this completely. It had been once used by scientists to mimic states of schizophrenia in rats. And I think because of this, has given the drug an unnecessarily negative mystique about it. This scary aura created by such descriptions is good in that it lends to keeping inexperienced explorers uninterested in the drug which is very powerful and long in duration. It saddens me that the new RC dissociatives phenidine and methoxyphenidine, which are related to MK-801, (diphenyl structure) lack any real depth as psychedelics. (from what I have read)

I eventually laid in bed next to my sleeping girlfriend perfectly aware that I would not be falling asleep any time soon, but content to lie there, watching the frame of my window twisting in a downward motion. At one point my mom came into my room and startled me from an unconscious state I'd fallen into. She said it looked to her that I couldn't breathe and was trying to catch my breath. Though my appearance on MXE and DXM has made her worry that I was sick/or poisoned on the drugs in the past. I vaguely remember this moment; I awoken to what felt like a surreal Déjà vu circle or loop that I had come back to. For a second it felt the sight of my room was a manifestation of the drug that had impressively come together before my eyes. Kind of like how salvia can paint patterns that you can perceive as being solid framework that you are immersed in. I've also recently switched from smoking commercial cigarettes to treating tobacco as an ally, sacrament, and thing of purity. And making my own cigarettes from organic tobacco, unbleached cigarette tubes, and an electronic roller. This caused my lungs to purge and detoxify through the transition. I did have moments where I'd kind of wake up, choking a bit on a thick flem in my throat. I'd keep coughing and spitting out my window. This was a bit intense but I feel that it was just acting as an expectorant and cleaning my lungs further. Psychedelics commonly have this cleansing/purgative expectorant effect on me that makes me spit, but I never choked or coughed.

At a very young age I remember asking my cousin at a sleepover at my grandparents house, what were the tiny red dots I saw on my field of vision, and why they seems to blink rapidly and brightly at night. She replied that it was dust. lol. I've come to realize that these very tiny red dots, though sometimes changing in size, and that I have been seeing my whole life, are a nervous system gauge. After my MK-801 experience my eyesight has been very sharp, with colors more saturated, and the dots have been smaller and brighter, though I enjoy it as an improvement and feel very clear. I feel it has to do with my own energy flow through my body or this energy somehow now connected to or coming through my eyes more. Healthy foods, supplements, healing techniques and drugs have had this effect on me, although not lasting long after. It almost felt as though the drug were still with me, though I was not tripping. It is now slowly starting to fade after about a week which could be resigning from poor food choices.

I have always suffered from what I felt was an energy blockage at my throat chakra and an inability to articulate myself vocally in the first-person. Having deep understanding of certain truths which I felt a degree of failure in being able to express as to be understood. William Blake said, "Truth can never be told so as to be understood, and not believed." After this experience I found myself talking rapidly at people. Thinking clearly with the words free-flowing fluidly. At times I'd almost feel that I was beginning to be annoying, but this change felt nice to express. In the trip report I mentioned above, the person describes being able to function and maneuver easily, physically, but being mentally impaired during and for a while after the trip. Describing that he ?€œcould get dressed, brush my teeth and microwave my breakfast just fine, but I could not even spell my own name to save my life.?€ I found that it does indeed intoxicate me in the NMDA fashion of MXE, slowing and mechanizing my movements and slurring my speech, although not as much as MXE does. So this mental impairment, I find, is nothing more than the extended duration of the trip.

Someone in Adder's PCP analogues thread mentions how PCP has an anti-depressant effect on him for a long period of time after its use and said that it was beyond MXE and Ketamines capacity in doing so. Though people also get into disaster/trainwreck situations on PCP and the manic, stimulating, and dissociative state it produces. This strong anti-depressant effect seems to be a quality of MK-801, at least for me. After the experience I found myself much much lighter of karmic and emotional baggage I had carried on my aura. I found myself more motivated, exuding of love, and more straight-sighted.

In ?€œThe Most Beautiful Lobotomy I Have Ever Had?€ the author states it ?€œto possess a certain angelic bliss and would rate dizocilpine as my favorite drug out of everything I?€™ve ever taken by a long shot - even topping DXM, DMT and AMT?€ I share this opinion. It earned my respect enough that I declared that it was my favorite substance I had ever taken. In retrospect, I just had a trip that stood above the rest, as will happen. Its hierarchical placement might change after deeper exploration of Ketamine. He also describes ?€œThe floodgates open as I break down into tears of joy and fits of laughter on my kitchen floor for a good 10-15 minutes. I thank dizocilpine for giving me such an intensely beautiful experience and touching something so deep inside of me. This is simply incredible and no words can describe how I feel in these moments.?€ I also, unexpectantly and surprisingly, found myself experiencing bouts of joyful crying, a few times in succession, while talking to my girlfriend. Something seems to have been stirred deep inside that I can't describe. Dizocilpine is a big boy like mescaline. It warped my reality in a beautiful way that reminded me of an experience with insufflated HOT-7 in which I was blasted. Only those that have had intense experiences with that substance will know what I mean. At the time, that experience made HOT-7 seem like a cutting edge psychedelic, for lack of a better description. A sleek light psychedelic that reminded me of the paganistic ancient egyptian heiroglyphs and characters with long heads which I thought of as an alien brain helmet that harnessed the third eye and increased sensory perception to an incredible degree, where the rapid vibrations of an insect flying by felt like the only match to my own resonance. Dizocilpine's realistic visuals, deepness, and ease on the body kind of reminded me of that.

My dosage was very high and it is quite like dosing LSD. There is absolutely no way anyone should eyeball it. I mixed 3ml of water into a 10mg vial making .3ml of the stirred liquid equivalent to 1mg. The author also noted ?€œdaily doses used in some clinical studies (one of which went up to 12mg a day for Lennox-Gastaut syndrome; it completely baffles me that patients were given that high of a dose)?€; So I feel that this is a pretty non-toxic chemical, like LSD, though I have no scientific proof of that. But knowing that chronic Ketamine use is very harsh on the kidneys, and experiencing that myself with heavy use of MXE, I feel that the very small dosages of this substance needed, which is dissolved in water, is probably much easier for the kidneys to deal with than dosages of MXE or Ketamine which can be dosages of 150-200mg and upwards of chemical. As a side note, a harm reduction technique for large amounts of oral chemicals that may be helpful: to take them with something that is healthy and alkaline, like green vegetable juice, some spinach leaves, or Baking Soda. In case the pH of the chemical is acidic or there is traces of solvent or byproducts in the synthesis. MK-801 is quite an impressive and novel substance. I don't think it should be taken unless you are in a setting that you feel is absolutely secure and comfortable, the marked length of the trip makes it inevitably impossible to hide your state from those around you. One day we will all be able to enjoy all of these things openly and freely without persecution, on the basis of knowledge and information. May you all be fulfilled in your soul searching. If you skipped through this or the other report with interest in taking this, you don't deserve to. Always do proper research beforehand. Thanks for reading.

2_zpszg4rhaz0.jpg

1_zpsm8qvaoeq.jpg

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dizocilpine
substancecode_mk801
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
roacode_rectal
roacode_im

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting compound and trip report. How long do you think the duration is? 12-16 hours?
Thanks for providing such insight.

It depends on the dosage. I think a normally strong dosage for someone without a very high dissociative tolerance might be about 1mg. At about 2.5mg my trip lasted about 24 hours with long lasting residual effects. Tho nothing negative or debilitating, merely an increased sharpness and saturation of vision, an anti-depressant effect and a feeling of being energetically cleansed and lightened. This was my first experience with this chemical. For more information on duration of different dosages, check the trip report I mentioned.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=94476

At 3.5mg, he starts to feel back to baseline at about 55hrs. He mentions that he feels it has a high dosage response curve when you pass 2-3mg.
This may be the reason that his trip seemed to last more than twice the duration of mine, at only 1mg more. We also both took our last and final part of our doses at about the 3hr mark. So this would increase total duration of the experience by about that little bit.

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff, thank you for sharing. :) Most dissociatives don't interest me too much, especially new ones that we know nothing about, but dizocilpine is one I would try at least once. I love the way you described it, lots of clarity and insight and realistic visuals with an easy body load sounds like my kind of trip. :D

Been wanting to try this chemical for years, one day hopefully.

Very well written trip report, explained perfectly, and makes me even more excited for that "one day".

Have you thought about trying out different ROA's for this substance or sticking with IM/Rectal?

λlτεrηιτγ;12848297 said:
If you reread the report I did both IM and plugged rectal twice following.

Moreso what I meant, are you going to explore different ROA's, such as Oral/Insufflated/IV'd. Or would you say that IM/plugged is the "best" way to handle this substance?

ohh sorry. Well it's in a vial and super potent so the best way to use it imo was to mix it into water. like I wrote, I added 3ml of water to 10mg, so that every .3ml is equivalent to 1mg. the powder would have been too potent to eyeball or to even weigh out with a milligram scale. I could still take the solution under the tongue and/or orally, or drip into the sinuses, but I prefer the more efficient ROA, as I only have 10mg worth. Generally in drug use oral is weakest, under the tongue first, then swallowing is a little stronger, and insufflation is maybe slightly stronger than that depending on the drug, then plugging is stronger still, then IM, then IV right? so i generally follow that guideline. With I guess vaporizing somewhere equipotent to insufflation? but more dependent on certain drugs that are known to work well with that ROA. Idk maybe I'll try vaporizing a little. I'm also new to plugging but was pleased with the come up and strength of that route. strongest without needing to inject, and I think maybe it might be easier on kidneys and bladder for things like MXE and Ketamine, with their high doses and chronic use being known to be harsh on the kidneys. But that's just a personal theory.

λlτεrηιτγ;12850255 said:
ohh sorry. Well it's in a vial and super potent so the best way to use it imo was to mix it into water. like I wrote, I added 3ml of water to 10mg, so that every .3ml is equivalent to 1mg. the powder would have been too potent to eyeball or to even weigh out with a milligram scale. I could still take the solution under the tongue and/or orally, or drip into the sinuses, but I prefer the more efficient ROA, as I only have 10mg worth. Generally in drug use oral is weakest, under the tongue first, then swallowing is a little stronger, and insufflation is maybe slightly stronger than that depending on the drug, then plugging is stronger still, then IM, then IV right? so i generally follow that guideline. With I guess vaporizing somewhere equipotent to insufflation? but more dependent on certain drugs that are known to work well with that ROA. Idk maybe I'll try vaporizing a little. I'm also new to plugging but was pleased with the come up and strength of that route. strongest without needing to inject, and I think maybe it might be easier on kidneys and bladder for things like MXE and Ketamine, with their high doses and chronic use being known to be harsh on the kidneys. But that's just a personal theory.
Makes sense. I was just curious. I would be interested to see how Vapourized would (if any) have an effect on the duration. But once again thank you for your report on this very interesting substance :)

I tried it again at just 500 micrograms. A half a mg. More than any other drug, this substance is the best at it's ability for me to genuinely speak to people. (At this low dosage) It helps bring the light and truth out. I went out and found myself opening up to friends, seeing an olldd good friend and embracing him positively without any awkwardness or self-consciousness. Generally being more open. Thinking about how I'm going to respond to people who don't give me enough respect rather than continue to let them burden me with their bullshit. This drugs really a marvel at stimulating communication. mxe would put me in this really trippy state where I would think about all my friends and want to connect people together and it'd make me suggest crazy theories and fantasies about grabbing all my friends and moving away to another country with them. And have my friends enjoy the thought, but think that I was crazy. MK-801 helps you to positively intermingle with the circuitry of others to better your own existence, like an octopus dancing in space. :)

there's some stuff i do to feel a sense of purity. I smoke real organic tobacco, make my own cigarettes with an electric machine, get unbleached cigarette tubes off amazon that I use. TOBACCO IS A SACREMENT. COMMERCIAL CIGARETTES = POISON! tobaccodisinfo.tk yo, that's me. I drive 40min every 2 months and fill about 16 gallon glass wine jugs with spring water (findaspring.com) and that's the only water that I drink. fuck artificial estrogenic effects of PBA from plastics yo. filtered through the earth. You guys need to get yourselves a good ass blender. I recently got this "oster versa" It blends fruits and vegetables and spinach and kale leaves right into a juice. So good. MK-801 makes me come home to truth and want to help spread it through everyone's veins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8295rOMvtQI

Last edited:
Mk-801

Sounds like MK-801 is a most worthy and wonderful vehicle for self-discovery and bliss.

I am a fan of 3-meO-PCP and especially appreciate the lack of baggage in social situations. Amazing ability to connect and communicate with others.

Also enjoy the uplift I get on the day after an excursion. No clouds, no fog, just sweet lucidity.

Thanks to OP for sharing.

Thanks for appreciating! Yeah, it's wonderful for dissolving social anxieties. There's no clouds or fogginess with it either. MXE used to be my favorite substance but when mixing the two, mxe only muddles the thoughts. Changed what I favor. Only issue is the length of duration but low doses are real nice for uplifting, enhancing how you feel, and would most likely make an excellent anti-depressant.

Thanks, my virtual cyrillic dissociative correspondent.

I'm currently on a 3-meO-PCP Super Bowl excursion. It had been 10 days since my previous dose.

I oral dosed 20mg with an oral redose of 10mg at 5:15.

The outcome thus far is on track for enjoyment and effecting positive change. Spent some time deeply engrossed in writing and planning, Communication with sober SO has been enunciated in a clear and dulcet tone. The empathy is eminently evident.

My add-ons for this excursion have included medical grade sativa and indica and high alcohol IPA in intermittent and moderate amounts.

IME it's a most excellent cognitive tonic for writing.

Your first-hand reportage on MK-801 is much appreciated. The dissociative space is a happening place, yah.

Wow, thank you for sharing. Most intriguing. :)

From Wikipedia article on MK-801 (RD section):

Dizocilpine may be effective as a recreational drug. Little is known in this context about its effects, dosage, and risks. The high potency of dizocilpine makes its dosage more difficult to accurately control when compared to other similar drugs. As a result, the chances of overdosing are high. Users tend to report that the experience is not as enjoyable as other dissociative drugs, and it is often accompanied by strong auditory hallucinations. Also, dizocilpine is much longer-lasting than similar dissociative drugs such as ketamine and phencyclidine (PCP), and causes far worse amnesia and residual deficits in thinking, which have hindered its acceptance as a recreational drug.[citation needed] Several animal studies have demonstrated the addictive potential of dizocilpine. Rats learned to lever-press in order to obtain injections of dizocilpine into the nucleus accumbens and frontal cortex, however, when given a dopamine antagonist at the same time, the lever-pressing was not altered, which shows that the rewarding effect of dizocilpine is not dependent on dopamine.[34] Intraperitoneal administration of dizocilpine also produced an enhancement in self-stimulation responding.[35] Rhesus monkeys were trained to self-administer cocaine or phencyclidine, then were offered dizocilpine instead. None of the four monkeys who were used to cocaine chose to self-administer dizocilpine but three out of the four monkeys who had been using phencyclidine self-administered dizocilpine, suggesting again that dizocilpine has potential as a recreational drug for those seeking a dissociative anaesthetic type of experience.[36] It was found that dizocilpine administration elicited conditioned place preference in animals, again demonstrating its reinforcing properties.[37][38]
A multiple drug fatality involving dizocilpine, benzodiazepines, and alcohol has been reported.[39]

MK-801.jpg

Very interesting drug. With 2 chiral centers this molecule would form as a mixture of diasteriomers so the active form could be obtained directly via a simple recrystallization.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen this report. I wish I had some fucking Dizocilpine myself. Until then this report will have to suffice, so thank you for that!

You mentioned that the general consensus on the lefamfetamine analogues is that they lack depth. I beg to differ. What they lack in hedonistically exploitable qualitiees, they make up for in depth. I've had some of the most intense dissociative experiences on 2-Methoxy-Diphenidine and Ephenidine.

I've had hundreds of dissocciative experiences in my life. There was an episode of 3-4 months daily PCP use, as well as a 3 month episode of ketamine use. On no occasion have I ever dived as deep as in these two experiences, eventhough I came close with combinations of 2-Oxo-PCE and serotonergic psychedelics.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...20mg)-IV-very-experienced-It-s-a-hole-alright!
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...al)-dissociative-connoisseur-So-long-ketamine!

This is one of the few chemicals I have yet haven't sampled. I bought 25mg a few years ago, but haven't worked up the balls to sample it. The whole vacuole formation has kept me from giving it a try.

This is one of the dissociatives I have most wanted to try for SO fucking long.

I love my dissociatives in general, never met one I didn't like, bar DXM with that noradrenergic crap going on with it etc. that I find premedicating with clonidine helps to stop me overloading (I'm autie) MK-801 is the one right at the top of my wish list to try amongst all dissociatives.

Oh and thank you for getting around to write this report!! <3