• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Has anybody out here ever tried Welbutrin

Mathew Lheureux

Bluelighter
Ok folks heres the situation my mother has recently been prescribed welbutrin and she left her prescription bottle on the bathroom vanity.. Im curios if taking one of these well give me a slight euphoric rush for maybe 40-60minutes.. has anybody ever tried this drug and if so please describe how it made you feel..

I take it every day for depression, and I'm sure they've been a few days where I've accidentally taken to. It's a very mild stimulant, no buzz at all really, probably milder than a cup of coffee - so I doubt you'd get much from it, I wouldn't bother .

I take 300mg everyday. At first it made me very horny, but that has gone

I did not find them recreational at all. I did get dizzy upon standing a few times, not fun feeling like I was about to faint.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) has exactly ZERO recreational potential. A high dose also gave me my one and only seizure, which was embarrassing.

A high dose is dangerous. Taken every day it can be an effective medication for some. I personally would not take it if you are aiming for euphoria.

Had a psych put me on it years ago. I had a girlfriend at the time and let's just say I could do the deed but my homie couldn't finish. Ummmmm good for her, painful for me....?!?!

i took a handfull of these a time or two and they had zero recreational value to me, i would pass these up for something a little more tried and true if you're looking for a buzz

zero recreational value but it will give you some added motivation/energy for the first week or so on them...u cant get high off of it though..also, it gave me bad anxiety so..

Good for quitting cigarettes...though once you stop taking the wellbutrin (which you probably will because of the side effects) you basically go back to normal and want to smoke again.
I just don't think being on the shit is worth it...it gives me some extra energy but doesn't mix will with other substances and has nasty side effects..I would get very irritable and stupid on Wellbutrin, especially when combined with alcohol. But maybe I was just on too high of a dose (prescribed for ADHD) I was on 300 mg ER 1 a day. You could break the cap open and snort the shit, but its nasty and doesnt taste good...but does have a local anesthetic properties. I believe the chemical bupropion is related to cocaine.

But all in all I would stay away from this stuff, but maybe try 150 mg ER daily...could be that I was simply on too high a dosage. I couldnt break the pill in half since it was time release...so I never really tried low dosages, but have a feeling they could be useful especially for tobacco cessation and ADHD (although it didn't help that much with focusing).

I know this is gonna sound korny but the first few weeks of taking wellbutrin are pretty sweet...definate mood/energy lift, but in a weird fucking way that is hard to describe.
I would describe the feeling as sort of "forced" onto you...it just isnt natural. It's like the feeeling of having to act like you are happy when you really aren't...like you signed up for something without reading the terms and agreements and your soul slowly fades away and becomes replaced by wellbutrin...not good. Haha sorry for the cheesy metaphor..but that was just my experience.

I took some of it, the dosage prescribed which was 150mg daily taken orally, for 2-3 days. Despite sleeping for 8-9 hours each night and being able to fall asleep, and stay asleep the Wellbutrin made me feel as though I had stayed awake all night, or for two nights in a row and drank lots of caffeine. So I stopped taking it.

I have friends who took it to quit smoking and they said it worked well for that.

One of my friends took it for depression and said how you can't drink on it or else you'll have a seizure, or greatly increase the chances of having a seizure.

I take 300mg daily for depression and add. Gives me a lil motivation/energy, at least at first dont feel shit anymore. Better than caffiene imo, calling it recreational is a stretch though.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) has exactly ZERO recreational potential. A high dose also gave me my one and only seizure, which was embarrassing.

Read this twice. The seizure threshold/potential is very high. Wellbutrin has a very small therapeutic window.

At one point I had a script for Wellbutrin for depression. It seemed to work OK. Can't remember the dosage any more. Some years afterward I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and took it again. This time it brought on hypomania. God knows why my psychiatrist had me taking this knowing I was bipolar. Anyway, I agree it isn't recreational and can cause seizures.

I was prescribed Wellbutrin but it made me really forgetful and generally stupid so I quit it quickly again. A couple of months later I decided to crush one pill (150 mg) and snort it. It definitely gave me a good rush for about 60 minutes but that good feeling was gone thereafter. The thing is that this stuff can give you seizures if you crush them and take them so this short rush is not really worth the risk.

It's a cumulative medication. Even if it was going to make you feel anything, that's unlikely to happen after one dose.

Not for me!

Really nasty compound... 8(
As had been said above, junkpropion has 0 recreational potential... except, maybe, to sinergize with/potentiate amphetamine. Seizure risk will dramatically increase (I suffered a naaasty one... it's mental aftermath left me prostrated in bed for nearly 3 days!).
I would avoid like the plague! 8(

Cheers