• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin crazy itch that ruins my high

tel aviv

Greenlighter
im not new to heroin first off. i took a break for about a year and a half and now a few nights ago i did half a bag, and the itch was so bad i could barely sleep. i ran to CVS all fucked up that same night and bought 1 tablet of claritin (10mg), and it didnt seem to work much, if at all.

im wondering should i try something else, or just take more claritin?

the itch is part of the high, some people like it, some people dont. antihistamines will make it worse tho. if you're trying to kill a dope high drink alcohol and water. in that order.

the itch is part of the high, some people like it, some people dont. antihistamines will make it worse tho. if you're trying to kill a dope high drink alcohol and water. in that order.
how would antihistamines make it worse? opiates release histamines, so it only makes sense that an antihistamine will make it better. i just had a dose of my poison, with 3x the recommended dose of claritin which is 30mg and i has barely any itch at all.

Hah I go through this every time I come back after I put opioids down for any length of time. It's like my body says 'Oh hell no, not again with this shit!'. Last time I had to get to a doctor STAT! and he Rx'd me a corticosteroid because OD-levels of antihistamines were not working and the opioid I had taken had a > 24h half life.

took 30mg of Loratadine (Claritin) right before my dose of dirty diesel tonight. barely any itching at all

Not a great idea to be mixing booze with h. Drinking too much of anything after using always makes me chuck my guts up.

Anti histamines work for the itching ime. But again be careful because potentiate the high from gear.

Not a great idea to be mixing booze with h. Drinking too much of anything after using always makes me chuck my guts up.

Anti histamines work for the itching ime. But again be careful because potentiate the high from gear.

no more than a shot of alcohol.... and definitely not if you're reallly reallly realllly feeling the high, you might OD.

The reason it works is because the alcohol metabolizes the drug faster, thus passing it in your system, the water is because the drug is passed thru your urine.

The alcohol also further depresses your breathing potentially.

but ye, anecdotally, drinking pop, water, booze while on gear tends to make puke up.

took 30mg of Loratadine (Claritin) right before my dose of dirty diesel tonight. barely any itching at all

I use zyrtec. Works faster and I require less of it than with Claritin. I always tend to have the tip of my nose itching like crazy!! I know it could be worse - lots worse - but damn that nose itch is irritating!

i personally loved the itch... i miss it so much. thats how i knew i was in for a good time. the nose would start to itch.... then the forehead, then next thing i know im in noddy land.