• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tripelennamine & Morphine AKA Blue Velvet - Anyone try this combo?

Changa707

Bluelighter
Hey folks just been searching the annals of le internet for experiences with tripelennamine, which for whatever reason is very hard to come by nowadays (seems to be primarily used in veterinary medicine, although Canada still produces a topical cream with 2% w/w of Tripelennamine...this will likely be my source, as it schedule III here in BC...so OK to purchase within Canada without a prescription.

Btw...If anyone reading this can give me some reasons why tripelennamine is no longer marketed in oral tablet form, I would very much like to hear. It's strange that this antihistamine is no longer used internally...i'm guessing it is either due to it's history with abuse alongside pentazocine/morphine. But then again, Cyclizine and Hydrazine are related chemically and are scheduled..but still more common.

It seems to me that there is some pharmacological reason relating to side-effects or toxicity that caused the drug to be taken off the market for human consumption?

Anyways...regarding "Blue Velvet" 8o

So does anyone out there have experience with this combo? Is the combination worth ingesting vaginal itch cream? I don't really mind that, though it would be nice to know how this antihistamine even compares to other more common antihistamines such as diphenhydramine, orphenadrine, promethazine etc?
I have taken all the aforementioned antihistamines but they aren't even that remarkable in their effect. Would you reckon that tripelennamine is also just an unremarkable antihistamine that happened to be widely available at the time of T's & Blues? Could it be that it was simply cheaper and easier to get than other antihistamines were at the time?

"Is the combination worth ingesting vaginal itch cream?"

Read this out loud to yourself, if not once, do so twice and then ask yourself what the fuck am I doing with my life.

Take my advice and thank me later.

"Is the combination worth ingesting vaginal itch cream?"

Read this out loud to yourself, if not once, do so twice and then ask yourself what the fuck am I doing with my life.

Take my advice and thank me later.

Hey man it was just a joke no need to get all preachy, I understand your concern...but thanks.

Tired of all these smart ass comments, I realize i'm a fuck up who loves intoxication guys no need to rub it in.

Tired of all these smart ass comments, I realize i'm a fuck up who loves intoxication guys no need to rub it in.

Rub it in? I thought you wanted to ingest the pussy cream orally?

Calm down buddy, only intent was humor, if you can't find a laugh in the idea of ingesting vagina cream, well sir, you have greater issues at hand then that alone aahaha.

Hey sorry man for flipping i'm just sleep deprived and feeling shitty, don't get me wrong I also agree that the thought of ingesting vaginal cream is humorous...but i'm just annoyed that no one seems to have experience with this antihistamine, wish there were more old time junkies on here I guess...cause most of the blue velvet stories are from the 60's...after that it was all T's and blues.

But yeah i'm taking an opportunity to try a new antihistamine...and it really couldn't be that bad ingesting a few grams of ointment packed into gel-caps.

Hey all, after some further searching I came across an old Bluelight post by Tchort in which he gives a nice summary of the history & his personal thoughts on T's & Blues + Blue-Velvet http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/446288-Origin-Of-A-Combo-(T-s-amp-Blues)

Seems that the practice originated in Detroit and was facilitated by the fact that many antihistamines were and still are today OTC in nearby Canada...and interestingly enough it was the writings of W. Burroughs that introduced users to the combo...which Burroughs described (Tripelennamine) as helping greatly reduce the symptoms of opiate w/d. Interesting...

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-a...e004.html#s050

The link above is excellent, in that it outlines the narcotics situation in the US with regards to Paregoric following the Harrison Narcotics And Tax Act of 1914 which ended Over The Counter sale of Opiates, Opioids, Cocaine, Cannabis. However, Paregoric (Camphorated Tincture Of Opium, containing 16mg powdered Opium per 4ml; 1.6mg Morphine per 4ml) was given "exempt" status in a number of states, and in these states, it could be purchased by asking the Pharmacist and signing a log (an individual could not buy more than 2 ounces of Paregoric from a pharmacy in a 48 hour period).

Michigan was one such state where Paregoric was an exempt narcotic, available OTC. As the article states, Detroit, Michigan is very close to Windsor, Canada. Even today Canada sells anti-Histamines OTC that are Prescription-Only in the US (such as Orphenadrine and Promethazine).

So from, at the latest, the 1940's there developed a fad among a segment of the Heroin addict population of the US, in certain states (but specifically Detroit, MI) to inject Paregoric when Heroin was unavailable or the user couldn't afford it.

The Anti-Histamines were a new class of drugs in the early 1940's. They were revolutionary; as up until then, Amphetamines and Opioids were typically used to treat hay fever, allergies, etc.

Though there is an interesting aspect to the Anti-Histamines as it relates to Heroin addicts.

William S. Burroughs describes in his first novel Junky, in detail, the use of Anti-Histamines to 'cure' Heroin addiction. Junky was written about the life of Burroughs circa 1944-1950. At one point Burroughs is admitted to a Sanitarium for Heroin addiction, where he arranges to get a shot of Meperidine (Demerol). After a couple days of reduced dosage Demerol injections, his doctor gives him something else: an injection of a first-generation Anti-Histamine, Thephorin. He describes the effect it has on his withdrawals and the Morphine-like feeling following the injection. He goes on to write that at this time, the Anti-Histamines were considered a promising new way to cure Heroin addiction (due to the Histamine-overload during acute withdrawal syndrome).

Knowledge of the effects of Anti-Histamines, specifically as it relates to Heroin addiction, may have spread to Heroin addicts in the Detroit, Michigan area. As the early Anti-Histamines were prescription-only in the US, addicts would have to travel to Windsor, Canada, where they were freely available without a prescription OTC.

While in a period of deprivation, my guess is that an individual Heroin addict attempted to try the Anti-Histamines for his withdrawal sickness, along with his usual injection of treated Paregoric. The resulting effect of the simultaneous injection of Paregoric & Tripellenamine being superior to a Paregoric-only injection, the user spread by word of mouth news of the combination to other local addicts, and so the trend manifested itself. It is likely that multiple individuals acting without communication with the others experimented on their own, and independantly discovered the combination and its effects.

This combination, known as Blue Velvet remained popular, especially in the Detroit, MI area until the mid-1960s when Paregoric exemptions were withdrawn nationwide.

In the late 1960's, Pentazocine came on the market. Like other new synthetic opioids, Pentazocine was treated as a non-addictive, or less addictive opioid than Morphine, Heroin, Meperidine, Methadone, etc. (Similar treatment was given to Propoxyphene, Tramadol, etc).

Because of this, it was a popular drug for doctors to prescribe for routine pain. Even into the 1980's, Tripellenamine was still a fairly common prescription Anti-Histamine prescribed to people complaining of allergies, hay fever, etc.

This combination of easy availability, under developedunderstanding of opioids and addiction/abuse liability, and most importantly the existing history of the Blue Velvet combination among Heroin addict lore led to the development of the T's & Blues combination.

By the mid 1970's, news reports sensationalizing the combination made it even more popular. It was found that poor Heroin addicts were using Medicaid to get free prescriptions of Pentazocine and Tripellenamine (sometimes in the same visit) to inject at their leisure. This realization led to a decline in prescribing these two drugs. A number of deaths and horrible health consequences from injection of Pentazocine + Tripellenamine eventually lead to the manufacturer of Talwin to introduce the first Opioid + Antagonist combination pill to dissuade people from injecting them: Talwin NX- Pentazocine & Naloxone.

By the early 1980's, newer generation Anti-Histamines were being used in place of Tripellenamine, and Talwin-NX had all but replaced plain Talwin. These events ended the fad that was T's & Blues.

I love Blue Velvet and last took it 90 minutes ago, and have also substituted the morphine with hydromorphone, oxymorphone, dihydromorphine and nicomorphine as well. Also injecting tripelennamine by itself feels wonderful and then the euphoria is more than the sum of its parts. It makes the come-up even more of a bang. Blue Velvet also is applied to oral dosing with tripelennamine with paregoric, laudanum, or codeine. But those don't touch mixing morphine with tripelennamine and shooting it.
The mixture is also used clinically to reduce the morphine requirement and it does work, even more than a lot of folks expect, and take it with the same amount as before and it improves the euphoria and bang at least 40 per cent.

Often, like now, I also add orphenadrine to the shot and pre-load with hydroxyzine and those make it even better. Some countries still have tripelennamine pharmaceuticals, the others have powder for compounding, and it is also used especially for horses.

What is the result of adding an ethanolamine antihistamine (orphenadrine) to an ethylenediamine antihistamine (tripelennamine) to a piperazine antihistamine (hydroxyzine) and morphine? When my mouth suddenly goes dry, I know that the come-up will arive in five seconds and it is great.

The discontinuance of Pyribenzamine, Pelamine, and/or PBZ in the US was apparently a business decision.

William S Burroughs also talks about antihistamines in Junky -- the one he tells his wife felt like morphine in the Lexington Narcotics Farm is Thephorin, which is phenindamine, which is related to cyproheptadine and sold OTC as Nolahist, up to 2005 in the US and appears to be available elsewhere.

I use Blue Velvet for breakthrough pain and it is amazing, and adding orphenadrine makes it even better. Just shooting plain tripelennamine is very euphoric too, and I will sometimes switch in hydromophone, dihydromorphine, nicomorphine, oxymorphone and so on. It works great -- 40 per cent increase in effects.

Last edited: