• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids kratom side effects too much??

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Have to abstain from kratom not because it wasn't working but because it started to have a lot of side effects and in doing so did it start working just fine after abstaining from it?

Sorry but I don't quite understand your question...From what I can understand you experienced side effects from the kratom, and now you are wondering if it will start working better after abstaining and then going back on it?

I don't see why it would have less side effects the next time you start back up, if it doesn't work for you don't use it...but IME the more you expose your body to any substance the more likely you will adapt to the side-effects...which is a double edged sword.

When I first started taking oxycodone I only got side effects and never imagined I would ever want to abuse this substance...same with tobacco and cannabis, they all just made me feel like shit basically the first few times I tried them...and it took a lot of peer pressure but eventually I ended up loving the drugs that I thought I could never love.

But maybe thats beside the point...although in your case I am not sure what to say, you have to give more details about your previous use, other medications, and reasons for taking Kratom...please enlighten us.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this 1 pound batch of yellow indo just started to make me feel like crap. sweaty, blurred vision nausea, and constipation. I was taking heaping tea spoons and It got to the point I had to stop. so many adverse effects made it beyond enjoyable. now if I lay off for a day the good effects come back with a little bad.....so would laying off it like two weeks help? that's all I'm trying to say

Have to abstain from kratom not because it wasn't working but because it started to have a lot of side effects and in doing so did it start working just fine after abstaining from it?

No withdraws?

I guess the strain i got is good but not recommended for daily use which is kinda a bummer but it has it's perks

Anyone here have suggestions on how to keep the side effects at bay so I can dose longer than one day?

How many grams did you take per dose? Too much Kratom can basically cause the exact symptoms you are describing.
Maybe you just did too much. My doses ranged between 5-8g per single dose of Borneo Red vein Kratom.
Everything above that, like 10g+ would just result in feeling crappy and similar to your description.

Less is more.

Well it's like I went on a major binge for four days until I started having cold and hot flashes.....blurred vision and sweaty.....So I lay off of it for a day and I will get a comfortable numb but i can't go about six grams or I start to have the side effects and I noticed I can't dose two days in a row due to those side effects.....I think my brain got a large amount and messed it up for a little bit.