• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Have you ever used Vicodin, Lorcet, or Lortab? Research project to help Bluelight

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
---Edit - this survey is now closed. over 300 responses were received. Thank you! ----

Have you ever used HYDROCODONE COMBINATION PRODUCTS such as VICODIN, LORCET, OR LORTAB?

The Inflexxion research organisation makes an annual donation to help keep the Bluelight community running. Bluelight and Inflexxion have worked collaboratively on research surveys for 5 years now. We have published a paper together in the peer-reviewed journal Substance Use and Misuse. We review Inflexxion's surveys internally before their launch, and this time, we helped pilot the response options for one of the important items in the survey.

While the decision to participate should be entirely your own, Bluelight recommends you take the time to consider participating.

COMPLETE SURVEY: Hydrocodone combination products

This survey is:
- open to all of the Bluelight community, including people who just read our content, regardless of your drug use status
- anonymous - no IP addresses collected, no identifying information asked
- 10-20 minutes long
- approved by a university ethics committee

This survey is collecting information from participants on their use, misuse, and abuse of prescription opioids, with a particular focus on hydrocodone combination products.

Please do not use your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons to move through the survey. Use the ’next’ button at the bottom of the survey page to advance forward in the survey. You will not be able to go back to previous questions.

We welcome comments below. We will ensure that any concerns are brought to the attention of the Inflexxion research team.

Thanking you!
Tronica, on behalf of Bluelight Admin

Last edited:
So is whatever we say gonna be used against us in further prohibition of an already incredibly weak opioid, that is now a schedule 2 causing pimples to grow on the ass of literally every other person in the good old USofA?

I mean, if they tighten it down anymore at all they are gonna have to throw it out with all that heroin and lsd leftover from the mid 1060's.

To help the cause I did the survey. I was careful to not add to the hysteria though...

that's crazy, I was just filling out the survey and closed it because I had just thought a bout the same thing...like why do they want to know these type questions? want to know how many people abuse drugs and such, if they let the FDA know about it shit they will make them all illegal and then everyone will be fucked, that's just not fair to the people who need it. I need it but I also abuse it. so idk but yeah the same thought came to my mind when filling it out.

Mia.Carlson66, Treefa, and everyone else

I can understand your concerns about how the data will be used, and whether there might be a risk that the information provided will make it harder to access your drugs of choice. (or will make it harder to others in need to access)

I want to direct you to the post I made a few days ago on behalf of Bluelight admin on our front page: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/content/126-our-research-collaborations

I go through the arguments there. Basically, we have worked out that this is the best way of us funding Bluelight. There are other ways we could try and fund it, but we have judged this one to be the best option.

Something you may not realise is that Bluelight content is already mined by all kinds of people for data. We request that agencies contact us and acknowledge us as a community if they use our data, but we know that many of them don't do this. Because we are a publicly available online discussion forum, our information on drug use is available to all kinds of people, including law enforcement, researchers, media, etc. You may have seen Bluelight referenced in different kinds of publications.

My point is that this information already out there. The information you provide by completing the survey is mostly already available through trawling Bluelight discussions. Obviously, though, by completing a survey, it is in a different format - one that is more easily analysed for patterns of use among individuals, and provides more information about the kind of people that use these drugs, even though the surveys are anonymous. Web forum content analysis generally can't give much information about personal attributes.

While this extra information helps researchers understand more about the attractiveness of particular prescription drugs, we can't know exactly how that information will be used. For example, it could be used to make more attractive preparations! Who knows - it's not something we can predict either way.

But what we know for certain is that Inflexxion has donated large enough sums to Bluelight to mean that we don't have to worry about where our next $ is coming from, and we can rest easy that the site will remain online as a resource to all drug users who want to reduce drug harms in their lives and want to participate in a global community of like minded people.

So, certainly you can choose not to complete due to worry about how the information is used, but do keep in mind the balance between a small risk of policies/availability of drugs changing for the worse versus the reality of Bluelight's funding situation. We want to keep the site running for the benefit of current and future community members, without running constant donation drives or filling the site with ads for dubious products and services.

Happy to keep talking about it, as it is something very important to the future of Bluelight and we understand some see it differently. It's not a decision we have made lightly either. :)

Filled it out. I'm glad they brought up the question of how the reclassification of hydrocodone will affect me (it does, very negatively).

Have you ever used HYDROCODONE COMBINATION PRODUCTS such as VICODIN, LORCET, OR LORTAB?

The Inflexxion research organisation makes an annual donation to help keep the Bluelight community running. Bluelight and Inflexxion have worked collaboratively on research surveys for 5 years now. We have published a paper together in the peer-reviewed journal Substance Use and Misuse. We review Inflexxion's surveys internally before their launch, and this time, we helped pilot the response options for one of the important items in the survey.

While the decision to participate should be entirely your own, Bluelight recommends you take the time to consider participating.

COMPLETE SURVEY: Hydrocodone combination products

This survey is:
- open to all of the Bluelight community, including people who just read our content, regardless of your drug use status
- anonymous - no IP addresses collected, no identifying information asked
- 10-20 minutes long
- approved by a university ethics committee

This survey is collecting information from participants on their use, misuse, and abuse of prescription opioids, with a particular focus on hydrocodone combination products.

Please do not use your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons to move through the survey. Use the ’next’ button at the bottom of the survey page to advance forward in the survey. You will not be able to go back to previous questions.

We welcome comments below. We will ensure that any concerns are brought to the attention of the Inflexxion research team.

Thanking you!
Tronica, on behalf of Bluelight Admin

Sure, why not? You are constantly helping out the community just be being here.

Sorry, Thomas29, but the survey closed last week. Thanks for the reminder to amend this thread and thanks to everyone who contributed. There were over 300 valid responses :)