Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ketamine (350ish mg) moderately experienced: Down the K Hole

escapist

Bluelighter
edit: it should be 250 in the title, typo.

Up until this trip I had had my fair share of Ketamine experience but it was predominantly in social settings such as afterparties or festivals. It was usually taken alongside MDMA and a lot of alcohol - enough was taken to give me the 'wonky' feeling which renders your legs like jelly, but never enough to qualify as a trip. All in good fun, though!

On this particular occasion there was no party. I had just finished work for the weekend and was home alone about to order a pizza. I found a piggy bank under my bed which I had mislaid (i'm not the most organised of people) and proceeded to open it with the combination (its like a safe with a hatch, pretty good as it has a secret code to get into). Inside I found about 30 odd english pounds in a variety of notes and coins.... and a small see through baggie of Ketamine.

Confused at what it was doing in there, I had a brief flashback of stuffing it into the coin slot some time ago when my mother unexpectedly walked into the room. Having forgotten all about it, it had remained there hidden....until now. Almost felt like I had found the one ring.

Deciding that pizza could wait and wanting to see how much fun I could have with it, I emptied the contents on to a mirror I kept at the side of my bed and crushed it with my old Student id card. Almost a full untouched gram. I knew very well that my tolerance was exceptionally low, but in my excitement/recklessness I cut a fairly thick line - about an inch and a half long. I proceeded to insufflate it up my left nostril.

Lying back on my bed I popped some music on (Royksopp - So easy). Couple of minutes in and the familiar K headspace was definitely present - I felt happy, music appreciation was good. Began scrolling through facebook and other social media - I was beginning to feel like I was inside of the computer which was kind of weird.

About ten minutes later I cut a slightly larger line. Without hesitating it went shooting up my nose. Here is where things started to get pretty intense:

Whereas before I could focus on the laptop screen, I could now barely focus on the room, the time, the day, or myself. My face and body began to feel very numb, and it was almost as though my face were being gently steam rolled (lol). Not sure how else to explain this. The bed I was lying down on seemed to tilt back as though it were climbing up an escalator, ascending into the sky. My room became totally unrecognisable and I had pretty much next to no idea where I was now.

The K hole was now in full swing. I felt like I was on a conveyer belt and I was high above the town I lived in - I could see a nearby school, houses, my street and I was slowly gliding over them. I had completely left my room, that was for sure.

I then seemed to become conscious again and was back on my bed. Before I had time to regain some composure though, the 'steam roll' effect took over and I was out of it. This time it felt myself standing up on my bed and growing a couple of feet. My hands were touching the ceiling. Total OBE though because there was no fucking way I could have physically stood at that point, I was completely floored

After what felt like a lifetime, but in reality was only about twenty minutes, the effects slowly began to wear off and I felt normality gradually return. I was still wonky and found it difficult to understand my surroundings but eventually I 'left the hole' so to speak. No comedown at all, just a bit of weird sensation and disbelief that I could just forget where I was the way I did.

I wouldn't say the experience was fun, but definitely interesting and something I would do it again. As a drug, just the smallest bump of it when you're at a party or a festival/rave is the best. Too much of it just confuses the hell out of you.

Overall, it made my evening way more interesting so I couldn't complain. When I felt human again I scooped the rest back into the baggie and tucked it back into my money safe (I forgot it was there again until about two months later when me and some friends finally finished the rest haha).

Thanks for reading. Sorry it was too long or rambly :) There seems to be serious lack of ketamine in the UK right now and I wouldn't mind a repeat experience shortly....

Last edited: