• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Single recreational opiate use while on low dose suboxone maintenance?

Harrisment

Bluelighter
First of all, I realize this is a terrible idea for my goal of getting off opiates and has a high likelihood to lead me to right back where I started. At this point it's just something I want to know, and not something I've decided to do.

I have over a 300mg/day Oxy habit, and have tried multiple times to get on subs. Currently I've been on them for 8 days. I'm taking a low dosage, currently down to 1 mg doses throughout the day, for a total of 3mg a day. In my past experiences of giving up on subs, I've found that if I take a low dose of sub in the morning (1 mg), then by that evening I can "feel" the full effects of Oxycodone. In each of those past instances though, I have just stayed on the oxy for weeks/months until eventually getting back on the subs again. Each time I do this, the induction is HELL. Absolute misery for a day, and I don't feel ok until about day 3. I fear induction, and that fear is at least currently keeping me from going back to oxy full time.

My question is this: Based on my past experience that I've outlined above, given that I've only taken 1mg of subs early this morning, I am fairly certain that if I got a few roxi's tonight that I would enjoy them. What if then tomorrow morning I immediately got back on the suboxone? Would I have to go through the whole induction hell period again, or would it be just like I never stopped the suboxone and I would feel fine?

I know this is my stupid addict mind trying to make it sound like a good idea, but I'm really wondering if anyone out there has done this and can share your experience. Thanks!

It's a bad idea

You'd probably be ok, but you really never know. And the going back and forth is really hard on your body.

Yeah, I definitely think it gets harder each time I go through induction. Really wish I could find someone that has tried this scenario. I think I'd be ok, because I think the reason induction always sucks so bad for me is because my receptors are so used to being flooded with oxy. Since that isn't the case currently, I should be able to hop right back on subs without much issue. At least that's what my addict brain is trying to convince myself.

It really is a bad idea!
I have done this scenario many times only with H though. You will feel your oxycodone fine, and if you wait until midday to take your sub the next day you'll be fin with no bad side effects. The problem is you think that was easy next time I'll try 2 days in a row and so on, till your back to square one and don't want to go through the induction period again. It's an evil cycle. Think seriously before you stuff up all the good work you've done. Stay strong. Oxycodone is always around, you don't have to do it today.

You can get high. It really shouldn't take all that much either. I wouldn't start with 300mg of oxy that's for sure.

Definitely don't have 300mg of oxy. I'm on 2mg of sub once or twice a month I have 4mg all at once and get nicely stoned. I always go back to my 2mg the next day. This way I get to treat myself without turning to other drugs.

What was the outcome?

Since you had a buildup of subx in you system, did you feel anything?

My advice, like others, is to stay clean. You've done so good thus far, is it worth a 1-2 hr high?

What was the outcome?

Since you had a buildup of subx in you system, did you feel anything?

My advice, like others, is to stay clean. You've done so good thus far, is it worth a 1-2 hr high?

I was really close to caving. So close that I had the text to my connect all typed up, but I eventually went and took another 1mg of sub, and avoided the oxy. I did do some blow, which I don't feel great about, but I've never particularly enjoyed it and just using something helped me to curb the craving for a real opioid.

And just to clear up any confusion, I certainly wouldn't have done 300 mg's at once. My usual dose of oxy is around 90mg, several times through the day which ends up being 300-400 mg total for the day. I've spent faaaaar too much money on that habit recently, so it has to stop. I've been on full agonist opioids at recreational doses on an almost every day basis for 7+ years, so I know it's not going to be easy and the cravings will be there for a while.

Did u take any oxy AFTER u took sub?? I'm asking bcuz I took 4mlg suboxone about 4 hours ago, but I really want to take these oxycodones I have sitting here!! The craving is almost unbearable!

If you took the 4mg sublingualy you should be able to feel the oxycodone pretty well after 10-12 hours but 24 hours would be better. 4mg is pushing it though.

No problem wait like at least 24 hours after your last dose and you should get some effects. I really recommend getting your daily sub dose to around 2mg so you can dabble whenever you want.

So.. We'll my question is the same.. I took 2mgs of suboxone 16 hours ago than another 7hours ago, I felt 40% instead of death! Only hardcore nausea. But then I went and picked up .6 of some fire tar and booted it up and now I feel 100% and border-line nodding... Now tomorrow morning can I take another 2mgs of sub? Like 16~24 hours after my shot without going into PWD

I would wait longer than 16 hours but by 24 hours you should be fine to take the sub. I can tell when I feel the slight withdrawals coming. Yawning and teary eyes and restlessness. But if you aren't feeling any then just wait the longest you possibly can