View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using benzos at the end of trips

Fitz

Greenlighter
I have never had benzos but I have read that they can be used to stop a trip. I would like to use benzos to sleep at the tail end of trips which last too long. Can this lead to a benzo habit ?

Everyone is different, but in my opinion no. In fact it was after I started using psychedelics regularly that my benzodiazepine usage decreased pretty dramatically...now I use them pretty much solely at the end of a psychedelic trip.

They are quite useful for that purpose actually and any psychonaut should have at least a few around IMO

I was thanking god for Leo Sternbach the last time I experienced an acid trip that dragged on and ooooonnnnn. 2 mgs of Klonopin turned a formerly anxious/sad/tired of tripping me into a relaxed and happy me who enjoyed a nice meal before falling asleep.

Thanks for the advice! I'll get etizolam pellets and I should be set for life.

If you use a benzo at the end of 'every' trip - then this will become a habit? Using a few benzos a month for a comedown will not get you addicted.

To answer your question- yes, they work wonderfully. Honestly I have found the less the better, do not take to knock yourself out.

It can lead to a benzo habit just having benzos near by, trust me. Benzos are very strange drugs that leave you waking up with no more and wondering what happened to the night before.

Not talking about blackouts and fighting people, but more of I cannot remember when/ how I fell asleep.

Agreed, benzos have a magical way of getting into your daily routine. Because they are awesome!...at first. I also advocate having a supply available while tripping in case you need to abort or smooth out a rough trip. You'll find them really handy to get over the residual stimulation if you want some sleep at the end of the trip. So go for it, just be careful. It's pretty easy to find a lot of other circumstances where benzos come in handy. Then after no time you're hooked and 5 years have gone by and you don't remember anything in those 5 years.

benzos work. also anti psychotics, zyprexa or haldol will stop almost any trip, at least the undesirable parts.

If you use a benzo at the end of 'every' trip - then this will become a habit? Using a few benzos a month for a comedown will not get you addicted.

Correct; if you use one dose of a benzo per month you will not get addicted. it could actually be a very useful tool for your toolbox :)