• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is this a good method to quit opioids?

Branggen

Bluelighter
Is this a good method to quit opiates?

Someone has been attempting to quit a 40mg/day OC habit by taking small (25% usual (5mg for swim)) doses only when the level of discomfort is at what he decides is at least a 7/10 (This usually results in a dose about every 5-6 hrs) and plans to continue this for about 5-7 days until quitting cold-turkey. The Idea here is that you want to allow yourself to feel as uncomfortable as possible while your brain readjusts while at the same time never having to go through anything to unbearable. Something Ill add is that using this method, its a good idea to have some weed and a distraction to keep your mind off taking that next small dose as you have to wait as possible for this to work. Thanks for reading and does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this method?

Last edited:
Ive tried something similar in the past (with methadone), my plan was to get thru about 5 days with only 3 -10mg dones, the plan was to let myself go into the terrible sickness and ONLY take one of those pills when it was at its worst, usually was early mornings for me, something about seeing the sun come up on heavy methadone w/ds just made me want to puke, I thought if I could use them like this, I would suffer a little, but would also get some relief when it got really bad. well, the plan didnt work, 2 days in, and I took one, it took all the nasty w/ds away, but at that point, I wanted MORE, wanted to feel good again, not just back to normal...so I justified taking another, of course I got to feeling somewhat good, but all the while, I knew I only had 1 fucking pill left for 3 days to go, I cant remember exactly, but I think I said fuck it and decided to get nice and high cuz taking one another day would not get me feeling good again.

Personally, at that time, I couldnt deal with JUST stopping the w/ds, I wanted to feel good too, well, that takes more meds...of course, THIS is addiction. lol

But really its about willpower and how much you can withstand before giving in. One nice thing for you, is you arent at a HUGE dose of OC, so w/ds will be bad, but should not last too long. I tried smoking kush a week or so ago, when dealing with H w/ds, it did not work, I HATED the high from weed, too much of a 'head high' for me, my DOC has always been opiates, weed just doesnt produce the effects i prefer, not even remotely close, plus I get very paranoid, think cops are sitting outside my house, listening to my cell calls/ texts, so I avoid talking or texting anyone...gets kind of crazy for me!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, its good to hear someone at least had the same idea. Ive been doing this for about 2 days now ill keep this thread updated with how this works. Ive also been using about 10mg adderall occasionally to prolong the no opiate period because it helps with the mental withdrawl and gives me energy to do things to pass the time. A warning with this is that any kind of stimulant comedown does not make the opiate withdrawl any easier so I would suggest you use only what you need.

Last edited:
First off don't use SWIM unless it's really not you, it'd be confusing to use SWIM like that tho because on DF you had to use SWIM a while ago to mean yourself & 25% of 40mg is 10mg not 5mg.

Taking 25% of the dose when it gets uncomfortable is only good if you have a small habit like 40mg a day of oxy, that's nothing. If you have a serious habit it'll just prolonged the agony so I don't recommend that method at all. Even with your habit your prolonging the withdrawal you know. A taper is better for someone taking a lot if they can actually taper. If they can't taper than getting on suboxone & tapering with that would be nessasary to get off with the least pain possible. A hardcore addict wouldn't be able to get high on suboxone no matter how much they took.

By the way do they make oxycontin you can break again or do you just mean oxycodone by OC?

Hey, thanks for clarifying.

Concerning your question here is a picture of them...
tUMYhO2.jpg

Hey, thanks for clarifying.

Concerning your question here is a picture of them...
tUMYhO2.jpg
Cool but hmm there's a good chance those are fake if you're not in Canada, in Canada there's fakes of those going around too. I'm having trouble finding if they're even real pill in Canada. If theyre fake the fakes have fentanyl or heroin in them. They may be more powerful than a real Oxycontin. I'd be happy with those (probably) even if they are fake if I wasn't into Heroin.

You can find out for sure whats in them by taking a drug test, they sell them at pharmacies. There's a separate indicator for oxycodone and opiates (morphine). If it's Heroin it'll test positive for opiates. If it's fentanyl it won't show up on a standard drug test unless of course it tests for fentanyl but I've never seen a piss cup or dip stick that tests for it.

Last edited:
They come from BC Canada, the blue throughout makes me think they are fakes too though. They certainly could be stronger than a real oc considering the small doses ive been taking seem to be pretty active.

I guess if it's working for you then it's a gooood method :) gooodluck!!!

How long have you been taking your "40 mg" dose? I don't want to discourage you or anything, but it is likely you have been taking around 100 mg equal of oxycodone in fentanyl. The pill probably contains around 800 mcg of fentanyl...but it could be as low as 500 mcg, so that 40 mg possibly be equally analgesic. But this is sort of besides the point, I just wanted to give you an idea of what you are ingesting. But then again, the dosages vary between batches of these fake pills...and I don't have experience with fentanyl myself. I just know that it can fuck with your tolerance a lot, and you should find yourself some real oxycodone, codeine, benzos, and diphenhydramine in the mean time. Drink plenty of water and eat amazing food. Smoke some hash on top of that. Eat some chocolate. Watch a movie.

If I was coming off 50 mg oxycodone a day i'd switch down 5 mg per day until i'm down to 5...then i'd jump down to 90 mg codeine, or as needed...take that for a few days and cut down 15 mg codeine every day until you are down to 30 mg and then 15 mg for the next 3 days...and then cease all consumption of opioids. Try to use the benzos only when really necessary, cause you don't want to start getting addicted to those obviously.

Last edited:
They come from BC Canada, the blue throughout makes me think they are fakes too though. They certainly could be stronger than a real oc considering the small doses ive been taking seem to be pretty active.
I think they are either fake, or something else...oxy/roxi/perc 30s here are not nearly that dark in color, they are more light blue..