• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide and withdrawals ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyfrog

Bluelighter
Just registered to say it worked for swim. 7 years daily steady 30mg/40mg hydrocodone for chronic pain. Quit 4 times already and went through HELL. Mental part was the worst for swim.Well this time Swim quit because swims only doc Swim knows willing to refill is 7 hours away and Swim have to see him monthly. So Swim will stop. Just not feasible fund wise. So Swim dove into 96mg of loperamide. 48x 2mg pills of generic diarrhea pills. Swim into his 3 rd day of cold turkey. Yesterday was hell mentally. All body symptoms present. Woke up drenched in sweat after only 3 hours of sleep. Took 96 mg loperamide at 10 am. By 11 am Swim was energy drained, just totally zapped. Buy 12pm Swim was loosing his voice, allergic reaction? Kinda like a slight soar throat. All withdrawal symptoms were still present. 1pm swim eyes were like pins, looked stoned and loaded. By 3pm, click! Like a light switch. Sour throat gone, eyes almost normal and had a nice wave of normalcy just hit swim. Like a soft light body high. No euphoria, just a sense of relaxed state of mind. Swim actually enjoyed a nice walk to the store! It's almost 9pm now and Swim is contempt! Son of a gun, Swim was skeptical but it actually released all his symptoms! Swim will only take only 48mg tomorrow and see what happens. Take this experience for what it is worth. Btw.... Swim heard another anti acid otc makes this more effective. What's the name?

Welcome to BL where we don't swim. We also like it when posters hit the enter key once every 30,000 words. There's a lope mega-thread kicking around here with some good info in it if you care to read more.

Ok.. update. I ended up taking the rest of my hydros last 2 weeks and ran out on last Friday. My last dosage was at 3pm. Which was 20mg lortabs. Since i had success with lope a few days prior, i wanted to try it again to make sure it was not a placebo . So ... the next day "Saturday" i waited for the withdrawal symptoms to creep up. Around 8am when i woke up i had the tall tale signs. Cravings, body ache, hot flashes and so on. They were coming in. So at 9am i took 48mg of lope. 24 pills. Within 2 hours almost if not ALL withdrawals were gone. Hahaha. I can't believe how well it work. So for the last couple of day till this morning i have been talking 40mg of lope at exactly 8am. Absolutely no withdrawals. It feel completely normal. So I'm on almost the end of day 4 of no opiates and absolutely no withdrawals. All the suffering of quiting these opiates in the past have been torturing until now. I can't believe i never tried lope before. I'm so glad i found this trick. I'm planning on talking this for 3 more days but in half dosages since lope can be addictive . Eventually I'll drop it to just 10mg and then stop it. I'm curious to see if i get any withdrawals afterwards. Just letting everyone know of my experience. And no... not getting high at all. Just feel normal.

Btw..... stay away from the gel type lope. Those tend to give people severe stomach cramps. I eneded up getting them on sunday since i bought ine box of the gel type. The pill type are good.. no cramps from those.

Ok... heres a update. So its been 1 week and 1 day im off hydro. Experienced zero withdrawals . I dosed lope everyday at 9am about 48mg to 60mg. Today was the first day i did not dose. And so far zero withdrawals . This has been the easiest experience from stopping opiates . Whats incredible, the lope took about 75% away the cravings. And 99% of the withdrawals. I didnt get absolutely nothing! What a life saver! I'll update in a few days again. If you got any q, ask away.

Ok. Will update since there has been a change in my experience. For the first time after stopping lope, i have my first discomfort. To be accurate, its been 49 hours since the last 48mg of lope. And i just got a little depression. Its definitely withdrawals. Not sure from the opiate or lope. But its there. Its not severe, just a little above mild. No other symptoms thank god . I'll update tomorrow.

My first discomfort was not being able to shit for a week @ a third that dose...good on ya' though.
thank dog.

Oh yeah...theres a megathread down below for ya'.

Last edited:
Lol. Yeah. .. im sure shitting is a problem. I've been ok in that department. Well... had to log in to report that it was indeed a withdrawal earlier. I just woke up all sweaty and feel slight hot flashes. So I'm taking all the lope is out of my system. Well..... at least it's not severe. Depression is gone for the moment. I'll update tomorrow or maybe in a few days.

I came across loperamide last week. It's good stuff. I like to take 2mg before I take psychedelic drugs, to stop the explosive diarrhoea they often give me.

Hey man I have 2 packages of immodium (loperamide) of 48 tablets each, 2mg. that's 98 2mg pills. I bought them a couple month ago, they were like $5 a package so it cost me $10 for 98 pills, not bad imo.
I've never tried it though, because honestly I don't need it, I don't get diareeah unless im in w/d. I bought those, to save, to help me with w/d when im ready to taper off my methadone.

Now, OP im pretty sure u had the 2mg tabs right (correct me if im wrong)? Because that was the only dose I saw them available in. But isn't that too big of a dose too take at once? I mean that's like 48 pills. I don't think MY stomach can handle thay many pills at once, lol.

I've heard they're very good for opiate w/d. I've been on methadone for 2 years and a few months, and im only 25. Started from hydrocodone (oral, 120mg/day, for 2 years), to oxycodone (oral, smoke, 200mg/day for 3 years), then went on to Black tar heroin (smoke, 1/2g/day, for 1 year). Then after all that, I've been on methadone ever since, 2+ years. So im saving up a bunch of meds to help me while im in W/D from methadone. I have had these stashed for the last 3 months, theyre in my DO NOT use box, which nobody sees but me, I have saved up these so far--

-120 25mg promethazine pills.
-120 25mg hydroxyzine pills.
-20 10/325 Norco Hydrocodone/apap.
-20 5/325 Percocets Oxycodone/apap
-20 10mg Valium/Dizaepam
-10 2mg Xanax/Alprazolam
-20 1mg Klonopin/Clonazepam
-98 2mg Loperamide
-30 10mg Lexapro

I have plenty of comfort meds imo, but its still methadone w/d. I know How bad it is because ive been thru it, that's why I have meds saved up for that w/d.

I came across loperamide last week. It's good stuff. I like to take 2mg before I take psychedelic drugs, to stop the explosive diarrhoea they often give me.
hehe... its good stuff for wd. Never taken lope along other substance.. not sure what it does. But alone when you ate at the worst of wd.. its god sent.

Hey man I have 2 packages of immodium (loperamide) of 48 tablets each, 2mg. that's 98 2mg pills. I bought them a couple month ago, they were like $5 a package so it cost me $10 for 98 pills, not bad imo.
I've never tried it though, because honestly I don't need it, I don't get diareeah unless im in w/d. I bought those, to save, to help me with w/d when im ready to taper off my methadone.

Now, OP im pretty sure u had the 2mg tabs right (correct me if im wrong)? Because that was the only dose I saw them available in. But isn't that too big of a dose too take at once? I mean that's like 48 pills. I don't think MY stomach can handle thay many pills at once, lol.

I've heard they're very good for opiate w/d. I've been on methadone for 2 years and a few months, and im only 25. Started from hydrocodone (oral, 120mg/day, for 2 years), to oxycodone (oral, smoke, 200mg/day for 3 years), then went on to Black tar heroin (s. ke, 1/2g/day, for 1 year). Then after all that, I've been on methadone ever since, 2+ years. So im saving up a bunch of meds to help me while im in W/D from methadone. I have had these stashed for the last 3 months, theyre in my DO NOT use box, which nobody sees but me, I have saved up these so far--

-120 25mg promethazine pills.
-120 25mg hydroxyzine pills.
-20 10/325 Norco Hydrocodone/apap.
-20 5/325 Percocets Oxycodone/apap
-20 10mg Valium/Dizaepam
-10 2mg Xanax/Alprazolam
-20 1mg Klonopin/Clonazepam
-98 2mg Loperamide
-30 10mg Lexapro

I have plenty of comfort meds imo, but its still methadone w/d. I know How bad it is because ive been thru it, that's why I have meds saved up for that w/d.

You are correct. I only found the 2mg ones. And yes I took 48 at once.hehehe. that's because i heard other taking that amount or even more like 300mg. But i won't go more than 48 tabs 96mg. Here's the time line for 96mg.
1:30 into the dosage my energy got zapped. Felt very tired and fatigued . 3 to 4 hours my voices started to go. It got very groggy froggy like for about 30 to 1 hour. On the 5th hour... all withdrawal symptoms were GONE. Id say 99.99% gone. I felt at peace and normal. I felt so normal that i ended takibg a walk to a local store and took my time browsing for small snacks. I was contempt. Almost like i dosed on real hydro but with outvthe mental high. It was different. But it was enough to make me absolutely normal. Unfortunately . ..i did geta new rx for 5\325 lortabs. 100 count the day. So i did not find out how long the lope would have worked. Fast forward 2 weeks and im here. Day 10 no opiates and no lope. And finally feeling slight wd. But this is tolerable compared to full wd. And what's a miracle. .. i finally got withdrawal symptomson day 10 rrather than the next day like we all do. So im a believer . I guarantee you that. Yeah.. you had a stronger habit . Saving all those meds for wd is smart for sur3. You must have incredible will power!lol. I can't taper. I gobble up opiates like crazy if i have them. Either i get agood euphoria from popping a dose or fuck me. Lol. So tapering i can never do. I do recall trying the taper methods, didn't last half the day. I had to get that good feeling so i popped a nice dosage.

I would try lope only when you are ready to quit. Just give it a shot .and wait at least 4 hours for results. And i would suggest a minimum of 60 to 70mg of lope. For me. . I noticed anything above 36mg eliminates all wd for at least 48 hours. That's just my experience. I'm so happy i found lope. And at this moment. . I have no hot flashes no more and depression is gone. I feel normal. I have slight Cravings, but that's a given specially when im posting here and thinking about pills.lol. but the cravings are minimal. So good luck and post anything questions. I created this thread because i actually had a complete successful elimination of wd with lope. And lope alone, nothing else. Not even with ibuprofen or tylenol or and vitamins ir grapefruit juice. Just lope.

Yeah but I'm currently on 80mg of methadone. And that dose has me stable for the day, is loperamide habit forming? I'm questionable on this because its an OTCA drug.
On the other part, I don't think theres a reason for me to try them at the moment. I honestly got them for what they're made for, diearriahh. We all know how horrible that is during strong opiate w/d. For the physical parts of W/D the most uncomfortable symptons out of all of them are nausea/vomiting and diarriahh. There's absolutely other symptons that are incredibly uncomfortable also, like RLS (restless leg syndrome), loss of appeitite, pale, cold sweats, insomnia, I mean the list goes on and on. I honestly believe w/d off of narcotics is hell on earth, that's how much it gets too me.

But, I have no choice, I DONT want to be on methadone forever. I'm 25, I don't want it to be too late and be a slave to a medicine forever. So I have to face the consequences of W/d. I got a hell of a ride ahead of me.

I feel for you, a guy I know is on 160mg methadone for over 5 yrs. everytime he wants to taper his dr talks him out of it. He gainined 85lbs, is addicted to candy and honeycombs (eats them out of a salad bowl!!) and sweats like a pig. And he was only on 40mg of perk a day. How he got to 160 methadone is beyond me....

I feel for you, a guy I know is on 160mg methadone for over 5 yrs. everytime he wants to taper his dr talks him out of it. He gainined 85lbs, is addicted to candy and honeycombs (eats them out of a salad bowl!!) and sweats like a pig. And he was only on 40mg of perk a day. How he got to 160 methadone is beyond me....

wtf?

First of all, methadone is at least 3x as potent as oxycodone, and this is coming from my a guy who has 3 years experience of oxycodone and 2 1/2 years experience with methadone.

10mg of chronic methadone is 40mg of oxycodone.

10mg of methadone is 20mg of oxycodone.

The difference between chronic is taken doses everyday. Chronic methadone is known to be twice as potent as a person who take methadone as needed, instead of everyday.

I'm the same with chocolate, candy, cookies, all the good sweet stuff, im on 80mg of methadone and I feel like my dose is too high.
Before methadone I was on hydrocodone 120mg/daily for 2 years, oxycodone 200mg/daily for 3 years, and a year smoked of black tar heroin.
Before, 40mg would hold me perfect, even after that addiction. But, once I relapsed my tolerance sky rocketed, 80mg is my stable dose now, 1 relapse DOUBLED my dose of 'done, so I havnt relapsed since.

But how in the world would you get 160mg of methadone when you were only on 40mg of oxy a day? Wtf...makes no sense.
Sounds like a money hungry Doctor and a man looking for methadone highs.

Idk, its his life.

I don't understand either . I also don't understand why his doc so heavily discourages a taper. I mean the guys been stabilized for over 5 yrs.. Does this doc want all his patients to be lifers?
The guy kind of wants to stop methadone but is also afraid of relapse. Another problem is he wants to be a dad and that level of methadone is causing him to shoot blanks-- very distressing for his baby bound fiancé.

Yeah but I'm currently on 80mg of methadone. And that dose has me stable for the day, is loperamide habit forming? I'm questionable on this because its an OTCA drug.
On the other part, I don't think theres a reason for me to try them at the moment. I honestly got them for what they're made for, diearriahh. We all know how horrible that is during strong opiate w/d. For the physical parts of W/D the most uncomfortable symptons out of all of them are nausea/vomiting and diarriahh. There's absolutely other symptons that are incredibly uncomfortable also, like RLS (restless leg syndrome), loss of appeitite, pale, cold sweats, insomnia, I mean the list goes on and on. I honestly believe w/d off of narcotics is hell on earth, that's how much it gets too me.

But, I have no choice, I DONT want to be on methadone forever. I'm 25, I don't want it to be too late and be a slave to a medicine forever. So I have to face the consequences of W/d. I got a hell of a ride ahead of me.

damn. You sre young. 25 and hooked on methadone. That's not good. I started hydro when i was 26yrs. Guess what introduced me? Dentist. Wisdom tooth extraction. I was given 30 count rx lortabs 5/500. The first one i didnt feel, but the next dosage... omg! The euphoria rush was incredible! I was hooked instantly because of it. I didn't take the 30 pills for the tooth ache, i took it for recreational activities. Then the hunt was on. Make up any story to get scripts.And been very successful at it. But we cant party forever. It has to come to a end one way or another. Fast forward 7 years. Here i am. .... struggling to quit. This is like my 5th attempt i think. Everything is set for a successful clean attempt. Doctor wants me off, he said i should not take this no more since he feels its dangerous and said no more refills from now on and wean off with this last 100 count bottle. Lol. I gobbled the whole thing in 9 days. And im not doctor shopping. Just exhausted of the chase. And so expensive. So its do or die really. And yeah.. no reason to try lope now.if your not determined in quiting atm, don't try it. Use it when you really stop methadone. And as far as i know about lope being addictive , i think it is. Not from experience but from reading a lot on the web. Some people claim the wd from lope are worse than hydro withdrawals . But not to many have been hooked on this.reason being. .. its not a good high.it doesn't make you feel thay great opiate buzz. It's more of a body high that's not gratifying enough to get hooked for most ppl. I certainly don't look forward and taking the 30 pills. I did this to push the opiate withdrawals away. And boy did it do just that!

Last edited:

that's how these type of drugs are.it's inevitable. It starts low.. but progresses high. Next thing you know, you need a very high mg to just feel ok. We have to remember, these meds are a direct cousin of heroin. And we all know how heroin progresses from 1 small dose to a massive injection thay Isaiah robs your soul. I've never tried methadone.I'm strictly a vicodin guy. So not sure what methadone feels like. Care to describe ?

wtf?

First of all, methadone is at least 3x as potent as oxycodone, and this is coming from my a guy who has 3 years experience of oxycodone and 2 1/2 years experience with methadone.

10mg of chronic methadone is 40mg of oxycodone.

10mg of methadone is 20mg of oxycodone.

The difference between chronic is taken doses everyday. Chronic methadone is known to be twice as potent as a person who take methadone as needed, instead of everyday.

I'm the same with chocolate, candy, cookies, all the good sweet stuff, im on 80mg of methadone and I feel like my dose is too high.
Before methadone I was on hydrocodone 120mg/daily for 2 years, oxycodone 200mg/daily for 3 years, and a year smoked of black tar heroin.
Before, 40mg would hold me perfect, even after that addiction. But, once I relapsed my tolerance sky rocketed, 80mg is my stable dose now, 1 relapse DOUBLED my dose of 'done, so I havnt relapsed since.

But how in the world would you get 160mg of methadone when you were only on 40mg of oxy a day? Wtf...makes no sense.
Sounds like a money hungry Doctor and a man looking for methadone highs.

Idk, its his life.

is methadone high better than vicodin?lets say norco 10/325? I thought methadone was used to get off opiates. Also. .. you gain weight under methadone ? I lost weight myself in which i think is a side effect of vicks. And not loss of appeitite , more of a wanting to have a empty stomach for the next dosage for the most optimal conditions for that euphoria.

I don't understand either . I also don't understand why his doc so heavily discourages a taper. I mean the guys been stabilized for over 5 yrs.. Does this doc want all his patients to be lifers?
The guy kind of wants to stop methadone but is also afraid of relapse. Another problem is he wants to be a dad and that level of methadone is causing him to shoot blanks-- very distressing for his baby bound fiancé.

That's interesting. Kinda wished these type of meds were kept inside the hospital for cancer patients only like they initially were. Now. .they are given away for the slightest aches. Lol..... trust me. Give me a while bottle and I'll be all over it. I'm stopping not because i want too , but because my doctor is being a good doctor and said no more. And said he will refuse to refill this meds again. He wants me to do physical therapy now. And i don't want to come off as a addict, i told him that I agree and will go that direction. So now i have no script. So its a good thing really. Just scared a bit since it's been close to 8 years i think. 8 years of not being normal. Now i got to face the world differently. And believe me. . Its scary. But for the first time, i didn't go through absolute hell firvthe first 3 to 4 days like we do when we stop opiates. Lope was a miracle.

btw... i dosed with 48mg lope yesterday at lunch. And 36mg this morning. That's because ihad slight wd feelings. Mainly slight depression and hot flashes. They are all gone once again due to the lope. I won't dose again and see if they come back. I'm not sure if it's the lope or opiates causing it. I engender having slight hot flashes still on day 10 when i did cold turkey in the past. Well... ill see this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.