• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Stopping suboxone at 1mg after 3 weeks of use?

esko1

Greenlighter
I'm 20 years old living in Hawaii and I am an ex-heroin addict. I was using heroin daily for 6 months then got on methadone for another 6 months. In December I decided I wanted off the methadone and wanted to start suboxone. At the clinic I go to they offer methadone and suboxone. So I dropped my dose from 50 Mg to 30 Mg and the doc told me to come back in 3 days to start the suboxone. Well I was nervous and decided to use heroin for a week too minimize the potential of precipitating withdrawal from taking the suboxone after methadone. After 3 days I got my script. I ended up having a hard time waiting 24 hours to take the suboxone so I kept postponing it by using more H. My dad gave me some of his gabapentin, it helped me get through the waiting period and I successfully got on suboxone. I took about 4 Mg the first day and got down to 2 Mg within the first week. It has been 3-4 weeks now and I am taking 1-1.5 Mg a day. I missed my appointment with my doctor this week and I won't be able to get another one for 2 weeks. I have 2 suboxone tablets left so this is a problem. I am a full time college student and can't afford to miss class due to withdrawals. Well a perfect opportunity to get clean just showed up. It is Friday now and I have no classes until Wednesday. I need all the support/advice I can get! I'm very determined to get off this stuff for good. I have many comfort meds such as xanax, Kratom, cannabis, hash oil, supplements (valerian, kava kava, passionflower, etc. lets see how this goes!

Esko have you tried going to a narcotics anonymous meeting? It is the only thing that helped me. PM for details. I was also on subutex for quite a while and the withdrawals were bad.

Well if you can't kick off 1.5 mgs with all those comfort meds I would have no idea why. Suboxone takes forever to kick. Let me be clear--FOREVER (3 months ACUTE WD!!) it seemed. Luckily if you do it now before it gets time to take over it won't take as long. My advice? Do it and don't ever give or take any excuse to go back on dope. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys! Well I failed, I had a bad anxiety/panic attack where I thought I was going to die last week and I've been taking 2mg of Suboxone a day now to combat my anxiety. It's so weird I wake up every morning with a fast heart rate so I take the subs to get high and it calms it down but now im even more worse off then I was before I tried to jump /: I got prescribed 0.5 Mg ativan but I do not want to get dependent on Benzos and I don't want to mix it with my Suboxone. I've been taking Calm Support (opiate withdrawal/anti anxiety) supplement with passionflower/valerian, kava-kava, Natural Calm Magnesium, and been eating healthy. I noticed it helps a lot for the anxiety and its safe to take with the Suboxone so if anyone else is dealing with anxiety I suggest taking some of the things I just mentioned. Magnesium helps a lot I've read that it helps get your mind/body back to normal after a panic attack.

Hey, let me give you a little bak story first. 5 yr addict of opiates of any kind(oxy, H, whatever). Got on subs for just shy of 2 yrs. tried jumping off at 12mg a day after 5 months on and went nuts and relapsed. Then got back on at a much lower dose of 4mg and over a yr or so tapered down to 1mg a day then jumped off almost 9 days ago. Idc what ppl say ab it not hittin u for 5 or 6 days bc that's bullshit. I have a super fast metabolism and honestly days 2-5 were by far the worst BUT bearable.

Your attitude ab it all really makes a world of difference and accepting your suffering to be free the rest of your life. YOU CAN DO IT. Your def using WAAAAAY too many comfort meds. My only "meds" are Imodium and vitamins. The sheet-karate and lack of sleep sucks especially having to return to work on day 7 off but hey sometimes you gotta white knuckle thru life's struggles. I'm still hurting on a daily basis but have NEVER felt so alive and am quite happy and positive. Never underestimate the power of your mind and chill w the other drugs bc you can EASILY get hooked on some of those things you listed.

Bottom line... I've read so many horror stories online that postponed me quitting but in the supposed PEAK of my WDs I KNOW I can do it and know anyone with enough heart and willpower can too. Think ab what's on the line, accept your situation, make the best of it by staying busy, and don't be so hard on yourself or bleak ab your journey. I find it helps to make light of my suffering at times lol. If you wana dance you gotta pay the piper but In the end you will emerge stronger bc of it. God speed my friend ;-) I believe in you.

Taper down as low as you can then jump bruh. So u had a set back. So have I. We're only human and you can do it if you want it bad enough in your heart. And my heart beat is all jacked up right now too btw.

Forcing yourself to stay busy and exercise is crucial and so is your attitude and accepting your situation and finding ways to make light of it. Keep positive people around you and have people who you trust that you can talk to. What helps me the most is forgetting I'm WDing and just telling myself I'm naturally sick of something lol. It only usually works when I'm super busy.

Not gonna lie tho, day 2 I was so stressed ab stopping I got a case of nitrous and zonked out all night and it did make me feel better when I felt all anxious. Don't necessarily recommend it tho ha.

I'm not really understanding
I think your kratom is not of good quality and the wrong kind for you
I would try numerous kinds of red vein before giving up hope
The main thing to remember is your not going to get high just feel good again
Kratom and buprenorphine have a synergistic and quite pleasureable effect when taken together. BUT.
Buprenorphine blocks your receptors for as long as 7-10 days to achieve full effects from the mitragynine which is a weak substance anyways but if the receptors are blocked becomes useless. The mechanism of action is different from opiates so you will achieve effects on day 1 but finding a strain right for you and getting through at least a couple weeks is important. If you feel ill it's not good. Quality kratom is the answer to the prescription drug epidemic in this country as opposed to methadone invented by the devil and his minions himself.

Hey, let me give you a little bak story first. 5 yr addict of opiates of any kind(oxy, H, whatever). Got on subs for just shy of 2 yrs. tried jumping off at 12mg a day after 5 months on and went nuts and relapsed. Then got back on at a much lower dose of 4mg and over a yr or so tapered down to 1mg a day then jumped off almost 9 days ago. Idc what ppl say ab it not hittin u for 5 or 6 days bc that's bullshit. I have a super fast metabolism and honestly days 2-5 were by far the worst BUT bearable.

Your attitude ab it all really makes a world of difference and accepting your suffering to be free the rest of your life. YOU CAN DO IT. Your def using WAAAAAY too many comfort meds. My only "meds" are Imodium and vitamins. The sheet-karate and lack of sleep sucks especially having to return to work on day 7 off but hey sometimes you gotta white knuckle thru life's struggles. I'm still hurting on a daily basis but have NEVER felt so alive and am quite happy and positive. Never underestimate the power of your mind and chill w the other drugs bc you can EASILY get hooked on some of those things you listed.

Bottom line... I've read so many horror stories online that postponed me quitting but in the supposed PEAK of my WDs I KNOW I can do it and know anyone with enough heart and willpower can too. Think ab what's on the line, accept your situation, make the best of it by staying busy, and don't be so hard on yourself or bleak ab your journey. I find it helps to make light of my suffering at times lol. If you wana dance you gotta pay the piper but In the end you will emerge stronger bc of it. God speed my friend ;-) I believe in you.

this whole post is real good. thank you Kbaka. I was gonna jump and not look back, once again stuck in the never ending revolving door that is addiction, but after reading this post, im taking ur advice and I will not turn back no matter what.

esko1, I am in almost the exact same situation as you. Was on methadone, tapered down and switched to subs, now I'm all the way down to 1mg. Some people suggest tapering into the microgram dose range but its unclear if that's the right way to go about it, based on conflicting experiences I've read online. Maybe you could try tapering to .5 then 0.25? Might be easier