• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate use...Once per day

Branggen

Bluelighter
Would using a small-moderate amount of oxycodone nasally once per day (at night usually) cause significant tolerance/withdrawals. Thanks

depends on what you consider a small-moderate dose and also if you start getting lax on when you dose ie day one 8 pm you dose next day 10 am you dose.... you would be better off trying to space your usage out not day after day but to answer your question you will gain some kind of tolerance although it will not be high

I'm a little concerned with how quickly I built a tolerance to the dillies....any advice on potentiation? Would also appreciate some feedback on methods to manage this medication over the next few months. I know I am dependent already but would like to be able to stop once I get surgery without crazy WD

Would using a small-moderate amount of oxycodone nasally once per day (at night usually) cause significant tolerance/withdrawals. Thanks

Branggen, this is also a harm reduction forum and I would like to point out that intra-nasal adminstration is strait up silly in my opinion. It's like sniffing benzodiazepines, you are not going to get any benefits..just damage your nasal cavity if anything. The oral bioavailibility of oxycodone is very high, and hence it is very effective when taken PO (orally).
Do yourself a favor and give up the snorting...it only makes sense if you are snorting 8mg Dilaudid, as the intra-nasal bioavailiblity is higher than PO...but I still don't reccommend snorting any pills.

If you use an opioid every day you'll eventually produce tolerance and dependence. Once a week is probably the most frequently anyone can advise you to go.

I'm going to be stuck with dilaudid for probably the next three or four months. My doctor is a bit of a nazi with the narcotics (probably rightly so) insulfating seems to work the best but I know its fucking up my cavity. I definitely dont want to be smoking or spiking this shit to get a result but pluggin it isnt on my high priority list and I read the bioavalibility is the same anyways. Bottom line I am good so far just dosing at night and not fiending yet, I also take about 600-800mg of pregabalin every day and now have a script for quetiapine. I'm leaning towards playing the chemist and experimenting here but 3-4 mos is a long time and I am concerned about what life post narco is going to look like. Anyways sorry for the ramble and I know this is small beans but just looking for some feedback.

Thanks for your time!

If you use an opioid every day you'll eventually produce tolerance and dependence. Once a week is probably the most frequently anyone can advise you to go.

yea man if you do it everyday your gona build a tolerance within a couple weeks... and then that day you run out your gona be sick, seen it happen soooo soooo many times... just be careful, using opiates really are playing with fire

Yes, but the real problem here is that it won't stay at a "small-moderate amount" once per day. Suddenly it is a higher dosage or twice a day and so on.

Birc: If you are already thinking about potentiation methods you should take a step back. Especially if you need the Hydromorphone for pain management.
I'd suggest Oxycodone too since it has a longer half-life.

Birc: If you are already thinking about potentiation methods you should take a step back. Especially if you need the Hydromorphone for pain management.
I'd suggest Oxycodone too since it has a longer half-life.[/QUOTE]

Problem is I'm not going to be given ascript for that, Oxys are a problems here so they dont really get prescribed...at least that is what I am told. My doc is a bit of a control freak

Branggen, this is also a harm reduction forum and I would like to point out that intra-nasal adminstration is strait up silly in my opinion. It's like sniffing benzodiazepines, you are not going to get any benefits..just damage your nasal cavity if anything. The oral bioavailibility of oxycodone is very high, and hence it is very effective when taken PO (orally).
Do yourself a favor and give up the snorting...it only makes sense if you are snorting 8mg Dilaudid, as the intra-nasal bioavailiblity is higher than PO...but I still don't reccommend snorting any pills.

Snorting oxy makes it so it gets absorbed faster so the onset is faster which in turn causes a rush which for me lasts for about an hour before it settles down and is a feeling oral oxy can't compete with.

I just want to say, I sniffed pills for almost 7 years, my nasal cavity is fine and dandy. My sense of smell is still amazing. I used to make sure to clear the cavity about 15 minutes later by sort of netty potting with saline solution lean the head back let the solution run through. What I used to do to get best of both worlds was half my dose oral half sniffed when oral started taking effect.

I just want to say, I sniffed pills for almost 7 years, my nasal cavity is fine and dandy. My sense of smell is still amazing. I used to make sure to clear the cavity about 15 minutes later by sort of netty potting with saline solution lean the head back let the solution run through. What I used to do to get best of both worlds was half my dose oral half sniffed when oral started taking effect.

Excellent point, it's not like you're snorting meth afterall.

My friend's mom takes dilaudid 3x a day, 2mg, orally. She's been doing so for 4 months after hip surgery, and is in no way an addict. However, upon trying to quit, she cant... she cant even make it 12 hours w/o taking one, because she has a dependence and tolerance. 6mg/PO (orally) of dilaudid is nothing to me, but apparently wrecks her out. If you plan on using daily, I can guarantee you WILL become dependent. Hydromorphone is a short acting opiate, and once you get a tolerance, you will need to use twice a day just to not feel like shit. It happens pretty fast with IV, which you say you wont do, but obviously 4 months orally can do it... she's probably been dependent for 3 of those months.

Be careful weighing how effective dillies are to the strength of oxycodone. I dont know if those charts take into effect bioavailability. Oxy is something like 85-90% available by mouth to dilaudid's 30%. They definitely dont take into account how fast you build tolerance or how sucky the eventual withdrawal symptoms will be.

Snorting pills is going to wreck your sinuses in short order. It did with me and then I went to the needle (which I said Id never do) and never went back...except with oxycodone as it has no rush for me IV and *is* effective taken orally.

My friend's mom takes dilaudid 3x a day, 2mg, orally. She's been doing so for 4 months after hip surgery, and is in no way an addict. However, upon trying to quit, she cant... she cant even make it 12 hours w/o taking one, because she has a dependence and tolerance.

Does not compute.

Yes, also why is taking opiates to relieve physical pain doesn't make you an addict but taking them to relieve psychological pain does? If you take opiates every day in order to escape from certain feelings (be they physical or mental) and are physically dependent on them, then you are an opiate addict in my book.

Yes, also why is taking opiates to relieve physical pain doesn't make you an addict but taking them to relieve psychological pain does? If you take opiates every day in order to escape from certain feelings (be they physical or mental) and are physically dependent on them, then you are an opiate addict in my book.

*Brofist of concurrence*

Did you use and actual netty pot or what? Would a syringe of saline have the same effect? What did you use to potentiate? I like 50/50 rule there, I may try that.