• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Relationshit discuss

I went out with my current girl for about 3 years when we were 19 - 23 ish. Didn't see each other for a decade really then we ended up at the same party and here we are 3 months later. its odd yes. We both work in the arts so it's umm never boring...
We both did very different things for the missing decade. She stripped, toured singing and gigging ect... i went out with another girl for 5 years and worked full time for 7 of the 10.
She ended up with pychosis (cant spell) last year, i did 3 rehabs.
Anyway it's great allot of the time but we know each other too well sometimes and bicker over menial shit. I guess that is all natural you are comfortable around each other ect...

Anyone else got back with an ex from a long time ago? (not out of despo type situation)

Yeah, I did. Kinda still am.

Mostly just random hookups.

Kinda disappointing but still the sex is good and I don't have to call her to talk.

Got out of the worst relationship of my life three months ago. Freedom is the best feeling ever.

She stripped

just never a girl you wana date... i was dumb enough to let my girl do it after we got together.... did make a fuck ton of money but ofcourse we just spent more... smh il nvr do that again...

i was dumb enough to let my girl do it

If you "let your girl" do something, it's already the sign of a terrible relationship. If you think you can tell your partner what to do, you need to do some serious thinking about what a relationship is about.

If you think you can tell your partner what to do, you need to do some serious thinking about what a relationship is about.

To have a monogamous partner there has to be things you (and your partner) can and can't do with people who aren't your SO. Without rules there is no such thing as a monogamous relationship, maybe you gotta do some thinking about what monogamy means 8(
Dating someone who is already stripping and the person you're dating beginning to strip are two very different things, and there's nothing terrible about not wanting to date a stripper.

As for the OP I think it's cool you bumped into her at a party and I wouldn't care too much if a woman in her 30s stripped in her 20s.

To have a monogamous partner there has to be things you (and your partner) can and can't do with people who aren't your SO. Without rules there is no such thing as a monogamous relationship, maybe you gotta do some thinking about what monogamy means 8(
Dating someone who is already stripping and the person you're dating beginning to strip are two very different things, and there's nothing terrible about not wanting to date a stripper.

there is a big difference in tone of language between i disagreed with my SO's decision and I didnt allow them to do it. not really the same

there is a big difference in tone of language between i disagreed with my SO's decision and I didnt allow them to do it. not really the same

Agreed. Saying "you're NOT doing that" or saying "I'd rather you didn't do that" are two completely different things. The first statement is said by those who are jealous, possessive, demanding, and authoritative. The second one, however, describes someone who is unresentful, protective, reasonable, and undisguised. You can't force you partner to do/not do something.

Precisely.

People will have disagreements or think different things but I would never say "you're not allowed". We would discuss the issue at hand and figure out the best solution for both of us.

If you're allowed to have sexual relations with not your SO you're not in a monogamous relationship, that's all I'm saying. So saying rules (telling your partner what they can do) is a bad start to a (monogamous) relationship seems off to me.

My two cents..

"Exotic dancing'"??from a few yrs ago has never negatively affected my relationships.. Actually, if I've chosen to disclose this, then it's always been a turn on for the guy involved. But it's not like I used to blow my $$$s on H. I wasn't into drugs back then ?.
But getting back with an ex, dunno, I did this,- now I always says they're exs for a reason. The last time I did this was ten yrs ago..& he still won't move on!!

NEVER AGAIN LOL

I have definitely gotten back with a former partner after years had passed...I met my ex-bf when I was 19, kinda like you OP. We went out for 4 years and then broke up over some stuff related to our age difference (he was 12 years older). We still liked each other though, there weren't really hard feelings...we both travelled separately and lived outside our home city for awhile, but we crossed paths again 6 yrs after we had broken up. It was really great, but eventually we started to have the same fights we had when we were dating before, and it didn't work out too well...we broke up again, and while we have hooked up occasionally over the last 2 years, that's as far as it goes.

I tend to think people usually break up for a reason. There are exceptions of course, but generally it's hard to overcome past issues when you get together with an old lover...best to enjoy it for what it is.

Yep. With my ex now. It's complicated though, he got out of prison a year ago, and I was at the gate waiting. We were together 2 years before he got arrested.

He got arrested for a week about a yr after we were together and I warned him if he went back id be gone.

You can see I'm not.

BUT I dated others after a few months for the 2 years he was in. so I get hell for that. I kept writing and calling though. Sending phone cards. Was I wrong? Idk