• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bali Nine Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to be executed together in Bal

poledriver

Bluelighter
Bali Nine Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to be executed together in Bali

438381-74b9bf0c-9c47-11e4-86b2-7ba151851551.jpg

INDONESIA has announced plans to execute six people this weekend and in an ominous statement has said that two Australians on death row will be executed once both have had their clemency rejected.
So far Myuran Sukumaran’s clemency plea has been rejected but Andrew Chan has yet to receive any answer, meaning that Sukumaran’s fate nowrests with that of Chan.
Last night a tough-talking Indonesian Attorney-General HM Prasetyo said that six death row inmates, all on drugs charges, will face firing squads on Sunday. Five of them are foreigners — from Brazil, Nigeria, Malawi, Vietnam and Holland and one is Indonesia. The Dutch citizen may have dual nationalities.

He said authorities were prioritising the execution of drug cases, for which there would be no clemency or compromise, and that the next tranch of executions after this weekend would also be drug traffickers. and he urged those that disagreed with the death penalty to be understanding.

The Brazilian, Marco Archer Cardoso Moerira, has already been moved and isolated at a prison on Nusa Kambangan Island, off the coast of Central Java. It is believed the others have as well and late yesterday an Islamic preacher and a priest went to the prison to spend time with the condemned. Five of those to die are men and one is a woman, a female on drugs charges.
Five of the executions will take place simultaneously on Nusa Kambangan and the sixth person will be executed at Boyalali in Central Java.
It will be the first Indonesian executions conducted in more than a year and has sent terror throughout the prison populations, especially Kerobokan prison where 33-year-old Sukumaran and fellow convicted drug runner Andrew Chan are held.

Asked at a press conference in Jakarta specifically about Sukumaran’s case, Mr Prasetyo said that his clemency had been rejected.
“We are still waiting one other person that the clemency is yet to be issued for, Andrew Chan. When a crime is committed by more than one person, the execution will be conducted simultaneously ... When the clemency has been rejected, we will start to make plans to conduct the execution of them,” Mr Prasetyo said.

He said that the six who will face a firing squad on the weekend had been given three days’ notice, as prescribed by the law and had been asked for their final wishes. The Ambassadors of each of the countries had also been informed.
Executions in Indonesia are conducted by firing squad, usually in the middle of the night in a dark and remote place. By law, members of the public cannot witness an execution. Police from the Brimob paramilitary squad make up the firing squad which consists of 12 but not all have live rounds in their guns.

Sukumaran learned last week that his last chance at beating the firing squad had been denied when he was delivered a letter, signed by Indonesian President Joko Widodo, denying him clemency.

Continued with pics and video -

http://www.news.com.au/world/bali-n...together-in-bali/story-fndir2ev-1227186440288

What a fucking hell hole. I really believe history will judge us harshly for our
lack of humanity.

insanity.. yep you mighty leader.. fcontinue sleeping well, vailed in the blanket of your insane idealism.. nice look freak. Literally killing people with no justifiable reason. Killing fields.. yep.

meet-jokowi-indonesias-probable-next-president.jpg

my ten year old son has more compassion, intelligence, and could kick your skinny little ass.

bad-family-photos-grandma-giving-finger.jpg

When the ghosts haunt you.. I don't want to hear even a whisper for relief or a scream of bitching ;)

Last edited:
The leader of the country thats murdering these people
not murder. tis punishment.

They did something illegal, with the intent of profiting from it. They got caught, and now must suffer, so that others like them can continue doing illegal things for money.

If you sell drugs, you can't bitch about the punishment for the crime, because the whole legality issue is what allows you to profit.

not murder. tis punishment.

They did something illegal, with the intent of profiting from it. They got caught, and now must suffer, so that others like them can continue doing illegal things for money.

If you sell drugs, you can't bitch about the punishment for the crime, because the whole legality issue is what allows you to profit.

The lure of ridiculous profits due to the illegality and resultant black market entices people to break the law. Does the illegality of drugs deter or promote their sale?

Cant believe your sticking up for the death penalty for drug dealers harm :?

The lure of ridiculous profits due to the illegality and resultant black market entices people to break the law. Does the illegality of drugs deter or promote their sale?

Cant believe your sticking up for the death penalty for drug dealers harm :?

Risk and Reward. If you seek the reward, you must accept the risk. The illegality of drugs creates a motive for the seller, it is mainly a hinderance to the user.

I feel sorry that these people will die, yes. But I understand that we all make choices in life, and that one must accept the responsibility of ones actions. I know that killing these people will not stop the flow of drugs, or make any change in the world. However I have accepted responsibility for my actions, and expect others to do so as well.

Bali Nine death row inmates Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran a step closer to firing squad as executions begin

THE first executions under Indonesia’s new government will take place shortly after midnight, in a chilling portent of the fate awaiting Bali Nine masterminds Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

Five foreigners are among the six condemned, all of whom are on drugs charges.

Chan and Sukumaran’s destiny now hangs on a clemency bid currently before Indonesian President Jokowi Widodo, after authorities confirmed on Thursday night the pair would be executed together.

Like Brazillian inmate Marco Moreira, who is listed for execution tonight, this is the moment that awaits the two Bali Nine Australians.

When Moreira found out about his fate, he was sitting in front of three Indonesian officials who delivered him the news.

Sukumaran’s plea for clemency from the President was rejected on December 30. Chan’s plea has yet to be answered and there is no indication when it will occur.

Sukumaran and Chan’s Australian lawyer, Julian McMahon, said yesterday this weekend’s executions were chilling.

“It seemed impossible to be true that they would take out these people on the weekend and just shoot them. That was my first reaction,” Mr McMahon said.

“And if that seemed impossible, it also seemed impossible that the two clients whose stories I know so well, that there could be the possibility of such an unjust execution.”

Mr McMahon said he had confidence Tony Abbott or foreign minister Julie Bishop would fight to save the lives of the two young Australians.

However, the Prime Minister said earlier this month that while he would make “the strongest possible diplomatic representations” his government was not going to jeapordise relations with Indonesia.

Mr McMahon said the situation was traumatic for Sukumaran and Chan and their families, who are haunted by nightmares of being shot in the heart by the firing squad in the middle of the night in a remote place.

A lawyer for Brazilian man Marco Archer Cardoso Moreira yesterday described the moment his client learned he would die this weekend in the country’s first executions for more than a year.

The executions are scheduled for midnight tonight, but traditionally they take place shortly after the hour. Five men, including Moerira, will face five firing squads of 12 police from the paramilitary police wing called Brimob.

Continued -

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/b...executions-begin/story-fnh81fz8-1227187710247

Mules see little, if any of the profits. Many are blackmailed into serving the traffickers who make the real money and face only a low risk of being caught.

Chan and Sukumaran were sentenced to death over a 2005 plot to traffic more than 8kg of heroin to Australia.
-------

Lot of heroin, that's stupid. But 10 years is long enough, they learned their lesson and I am sure the whole thing will deter others.

The only way to change this is for Australians to hit indonesia where it hurts. Tourism dollars. Don't spend your hard earned western currency in hell holes that support capital punishment for drug crimes. It's obvious the Australian government will not come hat in hand to save your life.

Mules see little, if any of the profits. Many are blackmailed into serving the traffickers who make the real money and face only a low risk of being caught.

I think these two organised it all. I dont think they were actually carrying any heroin. The other (Australian) mules that were doing the carrying have had their death sentences downgraded to life or 20 yrs or so, i'm not 100% on all that, that's just off the top of my head.

I dont think they should die at all tho personally.

I'm not sure if this pic is still accurate -

r0_0_460_358_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

I think these two organised it all. I dont think they were actually carrying any heroin. The other (Australian) mules that were doing the carrying have had their death sentences downgraded to life or 20 yrs or so, i'm not 100% on all that, that's just off the top of my head.

I dont think they should die at all tho personally.

I'm not sure if this pic is still accurate -

r0_0_460_358_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
This is correct.

It's not like the seven Australians caught here were down and outers who had no choice or didn't know the risks. They were all young night clubbers who met and organised this in Brisbane and we're all in this to profit. Every one knows the risks, and the reason many of these asian countries are so harsh is because they are the pointy end of the transaction where the drugs are plentiful and cheap enough where none of the profits actually benefit them locally. Risk vs reward is why the profit margin exists but you can't blame a poor country of almost 400 million people wanting to discourage drug use at all costs

The worse thing was the Australian federal police knew of them and tipped off the Indonesian police. If the Australian government wants to cry for clemency they would do well to accept that they could have waited until they all arrive back into Australia before arresting them. I guarantee that the publicity of these nine traffickers has actually detered a hell of a lot of similar people in the last decade.

The worse thing was the Australian federal police knew of them and tipped off the Indonesian police.

Yeah didn't that really young guy (mule) Scott Rush's dad phone in and dob them in or say he thought his son was involved or something like that and the father thought he had the AFP's assurance they would wait till they got back into Aus to bust them?

Drug traffickers in Indonesia face firing squad of 12 in first executions of 2015

1421488142799.jpg

Indonesia's method of execution has remained unchanged since 1964. This weekend will mark the first executions of Indonesia's death row prisoners for 2015. The government has announced that 20 are scheduled for the year.

Australians Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan of the Bali Nine face the death penalty. Sukumaran's appeal for clemency was rejected by Indonesian president Joko Widodo.

Chan has yet to hear if his clemency bid is successful, but, if it fails, it is understood he will be put to death at the same time as Sukumaran.

It is not entirely clear when Indonesia has scheduled their executions, but they could take place within months.

The following is a summary of the Indonesian system of executions using firing squads:.

Who will be executed?

At midnight on Saturday local time six prisoners, including five foreigners, were scheduled to be the first executions in Indonesia this year.

Those to be executed are Rani Andriani, from Indonesia, Marco Archer Cardoso Moreira, 52, from Brazil, Tran Thi Bich Hanh, 37, from Vietnam, Namaona Denis, 48, from Malawi, Daniel Enemuo, 38, from Nigeria and Ang Kiem Soei, who was born in Papua but whose nationality is Dutch.

Last month Mr Joko said a total of 64 prisoners who were sentenced to death in drugs cases would have their clemency applications rejected.

These 64 official killings were necessary, he said, because Indonesia was in "a state of emergency on drugs" with people dying daily.

How will they be executed?

Death sentences in Indonesia are carried out by firing squad.

The six are scheduled to be shot dead in separate isolated grassy areas by simultaneous firing squads of 12 executioners from the paramilitary forces BRIMOB.

In the Indonesian system a white shirt is placed on the convict. They are walked to the execution site by a priest or cleric and given three minutes to calm down.

The prisoner is blindfolded and asked if they wish to stand, sit or kneel. A doctor will place a mark on the shirt above the heart. After the final check is completed the commander will yell: "Do it", to 12 executioners standing within a five to 10 metre range.

Only three will have live ammunition while the rest will fire blanks.

If the prisoner is still alive, the commander will fire the last shot by pressing the barrel of the gun above the prisoner's ear.

The executions will be conducted simultaneously, "because of psychological consideration...so we don't wait one after the other," said Indonesian Attorney General H.M. Prasetyo.

Central Java police have prepared 84 executioners.

Where will the execution take place?

More than three days before the execution the inmates are transported to Nusa Kambangan Island, often described as Indonesia's Alcatraz. Nusa Kambangan is situated off the southern coast of Java and was established as a prison island by the Dutch. It is home to several maximum security prisons.

The island location was described by Attorney General Prasetyo as "an ideal place for the execution."

In the lead up to the executions on Sunday the seaport and the surrounding waters of the island have been regularly patrolled. Only prison wardens and relatives of the prisoners have been allowed to enter the area. Police personnel and officers from the Attorney General's office have been deployed to maintain security in and around the island.

What is Indonesia's history of execution?

Indonesia's method of execution has remained unchanged since a decree signed by its first president, Sukarno, in 1964. The enthusiasm with which it is applied has waxed and waned over the 50 years since, but from his early talk, the seventh President, Joko Widodo, seems likely to be a strong supporter of the policy.

The last public polls on the subject showed in 2006 that 76 per cent of people supported executing drug traffickers – significantly higher than those calling for murderers to be shot – and that figure may since have risen alongside the rise in drug use.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/drug-tr...first-executions-of-2015-20150117-12sbid.html

Last edited:
Yeah, Mr Rush must feel terrible about that.

Corruption in Indonesia is rife. Only the truly fool hardy would want to traffic such large amounts from densapar airport.

My brother has lived in Jakarta for almost ten years and he loves a party, but even he stays well aware from the drug scene there. The penal system is brutal and unjust, but it works. At best you might get busted by a corrupt cop and buy your way to freedom, at worse they make an example of you for political gain. The same desperation that may drive a person to deal or traffic drugs also drives people to set up stings so as to gain from the corruption. It is two sides of the same coin

Thanks for clearing up the fact that these guys are real players and now gotta deal with the shitty end of the game.

I guarantee that the publicity of these nine traffickers has actually deterred a hell of a lot of similar people in the last decade.
Hasn't stopped the flow of drugs into the country though has it?

No, but not much of it flows out of Bali by poorly equiped amateurs. Heroin in particular flows through the hundreds of thousands of shipping containers that arrive every month. These guys were after a quick score smuggling packages duck tapped to their bodies. It was high risk using an airport, for a relatively smal gain. The big boys import by the hundreds of kilos.