• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Big Life Change (Need Advice)

Lanni

Greenlighter
So I've been abusing opiates for about 2 years now as well as fighting a viscous battle with depression since i was about 13 years old. I have been on a suboxone clinic for a few months now but I've never taken it regularly, just stocked up on them and used them when i couldn't get my fix.

So anyways about 2 weeks ago I went on a mean run after my girlfriend broke up with me, shooting up to 2 grams of dope a day along with oxycodone and eating upwards of 10mg of klonopin a day. When the money and the drugs ran out I happened to be kicked out of my house for being caught using. I was dope sick as a motherfucker, depressed, hopeless and so alone so I decided to end my life. I ingested about 3 grams of DXM and blacked out and woke up in the ICU. I was found and I had survived. I felt weirdly ashamed for what I had tried to do and for the first time in my life I felt like I was done. I was done using opiates to try and cope with my depression that I have never tried to treat, I was done treating myself like shit and destroying my life. So I decided to try something new.

I ended up going to a dual diagnosis psych/detox unit. I started taking Prozac and its been helping stabilize my mood and control my depression. Its been 2 weeks since I ended up in the hospital and I'm still clean, still taking my meds, and I'm back on the suboxone clinic. Do you guys think I should stay on the clinic? I've just read so many horror stories about subs here on the forums I just don't know what to do. They help so much with my cravings and they improve my mood immensely along with the prozac. For the first time in 2 years I actually feel happy when I wake up and I'm excited about the day ahead of me. My plan was to use the suboxone for about 3 months and then taper down and get off them completely and go on the vivitrol shot. Is this a good plan? or should I stay away from the suboxone completely?

man your lucky as fuck to even be able to get into a clinic... that shits a fuckin six month waiting list around here and ive been clean from H for almost a month now but the cravings are fucking killing me and im doing IOP and they gave vivitrol pill and i just looked it up online and they say that shit dont even really help with the cravings... FML... but neways just hang in there man ive been where your at and when you hit rock bottom things can only go up... and you need to atleast give the strips a try and take em as your suspose to before you give up on em

idk man be careful with suboxone, its bad stuff. i was on it for 2 years and yes while i was on it my mood was great but its basically the same thing as a dope addiction you are getting a fix every single day but instead of banging dope its taking subs. think of the long term, what happens in 3 months frm now when u start tapering down and getting w/ds.. the cravings will come back and so will the crushing depression.. and then you relapse. thats what happened to me anyway