Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - First Time - Worst night of my life

CudiZone

Greenlighter
8oSo it all started on a friday night .
My friend hits me up and sais he has a "friend" that can hook up LSD (blotter form) , I had been wanting to try it for quite sometime and thought I had enough mental understanding of the drug to try it . ( Ive smoked herb and rolled for ages ) .

Part 1 : So this dude drops 4 blotters off to me , with patterns over them , seemed legit . I then proceed to take just one of these blotters and put it under my tongue . I waited .. and waited .. Then about an hour Into it i started to feel slightly different , I was hungry and went and got some food and sat back down and noticed that my rug was moving just ever so slightly . It is a shaggy rug and the end tassel bits looked like they were moving like some type of jelly fish . I then proceed to notice peoples faces kind of got "blobby" , kind of like I was looking through a fish lens ... Wherever I focused my attention the fish lens effect would occur . I then went to sleep watching fear and loathing in las vegas . lol , didn't seem too bad ?

Part 2 (Bad Trip) : A week later , I decided "1 blotter had really no effect on me , I think I will put all 3 under my tongue and smoke herb" .
Around 10 pm I placed 3 blotters under my tongue . They were quite Bitter ! . I then proceed to smoke 3 bowls while still having the blotters under my tongue . Please note that I had not smoken for a week before this due to personal commitments and can sometimes send me thinking too much in my own head . So it got me rather baked .

I then walked out of my room into my living room to watch some TV . I have the heater on because it is cold and I get stuck in this gaze of just looking at it . I proceed to fall into this most intense and harsh way of thinking , I thought about letting my family down and thinking about how much of a failure I am and thinking what would my past loved ones think of me . I felt really sad , I was a fuck up :( .

I turned my tv off and went and laid down in my room and turned the lights off but as I was walking to my room I got stuck in my Hallway , I felt like I honestly was trapped in there and I was moving at 100 miles an hour .I remember looking in the mirror and it looked like I was going to die . It seriously looked like I had push my body to its limits . I was shaking !

I then crawled into my bed and put my earphones in and listened to music but the music felt like it was to loud and it was waking people up and the music didn't sound familiar at all ! I couldn't even read what was written as my brain couldn't focus on anything .

I then fall into this weird sleep ? Maybe I passed out ? Who the fuck knows :( But I can still feel my body during this (kinda) ? I realise I am overheating way too much and sweating profusely , so I then strip all my clothes off . Then this sound just floods my ears with this "WOOOOOSH" noise and it felt like I was laying up and down very aggressively In the same motion the WWE Undertaker sits up and lays down and all I felt was utter shock that made me gasp and feel like I had died . It felt like I had died out on the street because I had gone crazy while tripping on "LSD" . I kept saying my phone number over and over and over again , this continued for probably 10 minutes , I stress this is all in a semi conscience . I believe I was saying my phone number because I had the idea if someone heard me they would call my home phone and get help . I then felt my body and realised I was Naked . This was absolutely gut wrenching , I was convinced I was out in the street dead , butt naked .

That moment passes and I can feel the horrific emotion that is building up in me and then I see this Spiral shape that proceeds to unfold from the bottom and grow and grow until it explodes and I give out this Insane Yell like I was dying and was stuck in hell for eternity .

I wake up and gained full conscience and realised I was tripping . I slept it off in a pool of sweat . The End

NOTE : please can somebody please tell me what the fuck happened ? Was that real LSD ? Did I have a bad trip ? Did I have an Ego death ? Someone please shed some light on this for me as it is making me think about it way too much .

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
the sit up thing sounds kinda like a OBE tbh. and the woooshing noise. i think its the soul breaking away from the body. it makes a distinctive noise and usually u get up out of your body and move around with your body still there. fucking trippy but it doesn't sound like LSD to me. More like some RC i've tried before sold to me as LSD. i can relate to a lot of your feelings during that trip except it going bad part. I had a beautiful trip as i usually do and your worries about your parents and insecurities can set off a bomb in your head during a mind manifesting experience aka (psychedelic experience) Your mind creates the entire trip. Next time test ur shit and be at peace and love with yourself and thoughts before embarking on a journey like this.

it sounds like a bad trip and maybe you don't fully understand the power in these hallucinogenic drugs. do some more research and soul searching. Ego-death is a subjective experience (like most of life) and only you know what happened and how you felt but generally forgetting the "ego" as described by whoever defined it the best to you is when you are stripped of it. I experienced it on a dmt trip where i had forgotten entirely that i even smoked it and had to remind myself during the trip that i had taken it. sense of self ceased to be. it was like a dream.

I actually made a big thread a while back after i took 600mg dxm and had no idea who i was, where i was, what reality was and what being sober ever felt like. The BLers described it as dissociation more than ego death as it was with dxm and it is common but you can check it out. there's lots of ideas about ego death and if you realize, in the thread there's a huge debate on what the phenomenon even is, and that's because, you guessed it! their egos perceive reality causing different beliefs in subjective experiences. It's the same for most life experiences

here it is
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/722202-Debate-What-is-ego-death

Last edited:
I had been wanting to try it for quite sometime and thought I had enough mental understanding of the drug to try it .

Judging by the following account you absolutely did not take it seriously and did not proceed safely, so I'd have to disagree.

So this dude drops 4 blotters off to me , with patterns over them , seemed legit .

Lol. A ton of things, some potentially dangerous, could have been on those blotters. What "seemed legit" about it?

Get ehrlich's reagent. Preferably you'd have a number of reagents but for blotter ehrlich's will at least rule out nbomes and DOx. If you aren't old enough to get reagent, you're not old enough to do acid. You could literally die from blotters, especially if you dose this recklessly.

A week later , I decided "1 blotter had really no effect on me , I think I will put all 3 under my tongue and smoke herb" .

Wow. You tried a drug you'd never done before and had no idea what it was. It had definite effects. So your next step is to triple your dose and add another drug?!

I cannot stress enough how stupid this was. If you did have nbome (and the bitterness suggests you might have) you literally could have died. Weed tends to exacerbate difficult trips for many people so adding it to a dose three times what you've taken before was asking for a bad trip.

You need to do some research before you do drugs again. You're gambling with your life, but you're also potentially putting yourself in a bad situation even if you don't encounter medical issues. Imagine calling the police because you're tripping out so bad. Imagine waking up in a hospital because you were found in a crazy loop, yelling or something. Imagine being high for 30 hours and not knowing when it's gonna end. These are serious drugs, and you have to respect them.

1. Test your drugs. Know what you're taking.

2. Increase doses slowly and do not add new drugs to substances you've never tried or doses you've never tried.

3. Prepare yourself for weirdness. Psychedelics aren't pure recreation. They can get challenging, or terrifying, or very confusing. You can believe things that aren't true. Having a sober trip sitter for new substances would be good, or at least tripping with another person.

Good luck.

and the woooshing noise. i think its the soul breaking away from the body.

I think it's an auditory hallucination brought about by a powerful psychedelic. Since that's the rational, scientific explanation.

Last edited:
I read this and I don't think you had a bad trip, you just had a jarring experience. It was intense, but you are fine now, right? Why let an intense experience negatively affect your life afterwards? You label it as the worst night of your life so you must be framing it quite negatively in your memory. I've had trips where I was sure I was in the process of dying, trips where I thought the entire universe was ending because of what I had done (gone too far on a psychedelic). I don't believe these things were true now, but I still learned a lot about myself and life during them, and I consider them to be great trips now even though they were terrifying at the time. Psychedelics can get really intense like that. They aren't always, but they can be and you have to be prepared for that.

Also, death is a part of life, and there's no need to fear it like that. Avoid it, yes, but live in fear? No. That's one thing psychedelics have taught me, through both beautiful and terrifying experiences.

And also, your life experience is 100% what you make of it. You have the ability to choose how you frame and experience in your mind. If you attach all negative emotions to this event, it will become something traumatic in your life, but if you look at the positives and fix those in your mind, the same experience could turn out to be something interesting and worthwhile, even if you never do LSD again.