• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax (20 plus mg) vs clonazepam

AnythingEverything

Bluelighter
So I've been on a benzo taper for a bit over a year now, the same time as I gave up my opiate habit and went onto 32mg of suboxone maintenance a day. I was doing really well and got down to 20mg of valium a day but twice in the last few weeks I've purchased 120 x 2mg xanax and gone through them in about maybe a week.

Both times (like every other time I've bought drugs in my life) I've said to myself I'll just take one every so often and 240mg of xanax will last me aaaaaages. Ha. So it's been a few days of taking over 20mg a day on top of my suboxone, diazepam and other psych drugs and I'm again freaking out about going back to my measley 20mg of valium a day and feeling like shite, I HATE benzo withdrawals more than anything. So I'm just about to order some more but I'm wondering if maybe I should get clonazepam this time and try to use them to taper a little bit. I've never been successful moderating or tapering anything myself but I'm thinking with the longer half life it might be an easier transition back to my teeny amount of Valium?

I've never had clonaz, only xanax,Valium, lorazepam and temazepam years back when they used to come in those little oily footballs that you could shoot up (oh and about 20 recently that I couldn't resist taking from a family members medicine cupboard on the day of my grandmas funeral.....I know, I'm an awful person) Is there much difference between x and clonaz? If so, what?

I know I should just not get ANY more and get back on track but I'm really craving heroin right now and my depression and anxiety are awful as I've just changed meds and I feel like the benzos are the only thing stopping me. I have one old contact still in my life for smack, she's a few hours away but as well all know, what's a few hours when you're an addict?

My husband is suss obviously because the stupid amounts I'm taking are making me nod out whenever I sit down (well for the first couple of days they were) and I'm spending a lot of money on this crap. I'm so close to putting in a $700 order because I tell myself it will last me ages....when I know all it will do is will send me back to detox and upheave and risk losing my family again. I was doing so well on my supervised taper and I feel like I'm heading down that terrible path again.

Anyway. Too much rambling. What's the difference between xanax and clonaz apart from the half life?

The difference between xanax and klonopin besides half-life will be subjective. From personal experience I've never had Clonazepam but I think it will be similar to Diazepam in its effects on me. Xanax will hit me strong and have me more stupid and Valium would have me more dead to the world and irritable. Klonopin would be similar to Valium in it's objective effects but how it affects YOU only you can know.

tbh there won't be any remarkable difference but clonazepam is stronger than diazepam from mg to mg. if that counts for anything

xanax makes me tired and feel stupid and just out of it..klonopin is great fr anxiety but its main problem is amnesia and cognitive probs...

holy shit at taking 20 mgs of xanax a day!!i think u seriously need to take a step back and look at your life and your stressors and cut back..im not perfect by any means but that is quite a large habit u have there..

Yeah I jnow, it's ridiculous. I only do it in binges and really need to stop. As per the rest of my post I was doing perfectly well with my valium taper which I've been on for over a year now, then a few weeks ago I was changing meds and got really worried about it so got the xanax as a 'one off' but I just pop them all day like jelly beans:(. I really know I shouldn't get anymore, ever. Last binge I was able to go back to my taper without any ill effects and I might be lucky again this time but I can't keep doing it. I'm pretty sure I'm stable on my new meds now and I have just a small amount of x left so I should taper that down a bit and just stick to my original plan.

If. Clonazepam is similar to valium I won't bother with that. Thanks for the comparisons.

I really don't have much left and I'm starting to freak. I've decided I will only take 10mg of xanax today and 60 or so of valium. And then try and do the same until it runs out and hope for the best. I really don't want to have to tell my dr as he would put my dose up but I wojld have to go back to daily pickup which I just don't have time to do.

And yeah potato man klanolin and xanax have the same equivalency to valium 0.5mg to 10mg of valium but they will sometimes use klonopin first to detox from larger amounts of xanax before swapping to Diaz.

How you doing man?

Sorry, I only just saw this! Were you asking me? I'm female but I'll answer to man haha.

I've not slipped up with the Benzos or any drugs since this last post. Still taking my normal 20mg valium and 32mg suboxone a day, I got off my anti depressants and everything else so it's just those two Meds to tackle now. But im plodding along, thanks for asking moose :)