Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MAL / 25mg / First time / More similar to mesaline than different

P

Pfaffffed

I noticed a lack of reports on MAL on the internet, so I wrote this one up.

Me:
140lb white male. 30 years old. Generally, my reactions to psychoactives are

idiosyncratic, so I don't post them. There's not much use if you can't extrapolate

from them. For instance, I react badly to cannabis and MDMA, but enjoy bufotenine

and salvia. My experience this time seemed representative from the other reports I

read, though, so I'm passing it on. Been weeks since any psychedelics were used,

so no tolerance likely.

Background:
Have used the following once or twice
Positive or neutral experiences with: BZP, BZP+TFMPP, salvia, mescaline, 5-MeO-

DMT, DMT, NMT, ketamine, DXM, kratom, adrafanil, psilocybin, amphetamine, amanita

muscaria, lsd, bufotenine, ayahuasca, nitrous oxide, hawaiian baby woodrose

extract, ephedrine, mesembrine, sulbutiamine,
Negative experiences with: cannabis, 2c-c, hawaiian baby woodrose whole, MDMA,

phenibut

Friend and I had a heavy breakfast at 10AM. Friend had only just recovered from

multi-day stomach flu (enterovirus) and was still pretty worn down from holiday

work. It had been Two weeks since a low dose tryptamine experience (Moxy), months

since he had had any psychedelics. He generally is sensitive to lyergoloids, but

not more than usual to PEAs. I haven't enjoyed any PEAs other than mescaline.
I had a tension headache that is not responsive to ibuprofen. Took 2 at 9am, two

at 12:45.

Method:

12:45 Parachuted 10mg, +/- 2mg weighed out.

12:50 Notice Mood lift and lightheadedness. Way too early for alerts. Must be

placebo.

12:56 Mood lift and light headedness more pronounced. Dancing and goofy. Must be

placebo.

1:00 Decided to potentiate ibuprofen with 100mg of caffeine. Heard it potentiates

mescaline, as well. Jaw tension already.

1:45 Not feeling much of anything. Weigh and take 10mg. Felling a little cold and

hands feeling very shaky, making this difficult.

2:45 Beginning to feel something. Can't decide whether or not to take more. Decide

to wait. Effects slowly climb over the next half hour. For me: cold, tremors,

weakness, shivers, and general nervous attenuation are striking and prounounced.

Jaw tension remains minor. Somatic effects feel a little dirty, toxic, and

miasmic--a little like the come down from LSD. The somatic sensation is one of

mild illness and weakness for me, not for my friend, who seemed to enjoy it well

enough. This is not particularly unpleasant, just distinct from the vibrant

healing warmth that accompanies the weakness of mescaline's onset. The

MDMA/mescaline glow is not present. Conversation is facile, but I become easily

distracted.

3:30 The intensity is good. We like where we're at, but after some cosideration,

we decide we'd like to bump it up a tiny bit. 5mg more ingested, with great

difficulty as my hands were extremely shaky.

4:00 Once settled into the space, the slightly noxious feel of it disappears

entirely. It feels quite nice, pleasant now. I had to stay conscientiously upbeat

during the comeup, which did not lead me to believe I was going to enjoy the

experience. My friend took to the space much more postiviely. We enjoy the tactile

and erotic components, ahem, a lot. Great tatile enhancement, orgasms were

mindblowing. For several hours. I snacked on crackers, cheese, hot chocolate, and

mandarin orange slices without too much difficulty. My friend had a few slices of

orange, and that was it. Eating seems like it may have exacerbated the gas cramps

I later experienced, but I don't know.

Surprisingly clear headed space for how intense it was. Visuals were varied and

striking; I, but not my friend, experienced protoypical mescaline rainbows with

eyes both open and closed. We both experiened some 2C cartoonishness, breathing

surfaces, and persian carpet patterns. Conversation was easy and open for the most

part.
The erotic was interrupted by noticing that the cat, utterly mortified by the

state of us, had turned away from us and buried his head into the wall in an

effort to block out what was going on. Eruptions of uncontrollable mirth ensued.

5:30 - Peaked hard. Lost in thought for a while. Friend also peaking, and was

glimpsing cosmic infinity and humanity's essential oneness; profound empathy. My

experience not so cosmic or grand, but a solid +++ nonetheless. Crying comes

easily. Orgasm impossible to achieve.

5:50 - Precipitous drop from peak. Like sobering up from vaporized DMT

precipitous. Back at ++. Must have been the little bump of 5mg? Could easily fall

asleep.

6:00 - Give my friend a massage. He falls asleep for a while. Barely ++ for me

for the next 3 hours. Took some magnesium and some peppermints, which helped with

the gas cramps tremendously. Sex was excellent. Tremors, shaking, and cold surges

weaken, but are still present for the next there and a half hours. My friend

enjoys some lemon sorbet.

9:30pm. Gas cramps still present, too. Still some rainbow visuals. Friend has

homemade veggie soup for dinner. I have a high tolerance to spice, but it and my

typical spicy snacks taste almost unbearably piquant. He saw no rainbow visuals at

all throughout, just typical crawling patterns, breathing surfaces, and such.

10:00 - Tail of come down a little like acid, but not nearly as difficult.

10:30 - Now at + except for my legs, which are still tripping. My legs tripped way

harder than the rest of me the whole time, what with the cold, the tremors, the

rushes, the shakes, the weakness, etc. My friend agreed.

11:13 - I'm functionally at baseline, but my pot smoking friend is still buzzing a

little bit.

Following day, 12:00pm - We are both experiencing a pleasant afterglow. I nearly

hit two cars, however, while driving when I fail to see them in my blindspot while

changing lanes. I was driving my friend's car, which has quite poor visibility

compared to my own, but I suspect my attentiveness and visual acuity was still

compromised. Scenery still looked sharp and high resolution. My mood was high,

food tasted great (still spicier), empathy for people was still strong, and the

world felt fresh and new. My friend felt similar, but was felt exhausted, just

totally depleted, probably do to having no reserves of energy due to the stomach

flu. He experienced one residual visual distortion where a statury bust cocked its

head at him. He complained of intermittent nausea throughout the day. The

following day, we were truly at baseline, although he still experienced some

intermittent nausea--not sure why. He is still complaining of intermittent nausea

four days later.

Summary: overrall positive experience. The lack of GI side effects was not unusual

for me--I don't even get nausea from ayahuasca. Persistent nausea for my friend

was troubling. His experience was much more emotionally warm and positive than

mine. Trip seemed pretty linear, not particularly multiphasic like tryptamines

frequently are. Time dilation was minimal. No particular stimulation or sedation, which was nice.
Tough to imagine how different the

experience would have been solo.

wow...you're way more sensitive to this than I...I found 15 mg with a 15 mg redose like 3 hours in pretty subtle (definitely no unpleasant physical effects at that level).

ebola

Yep, several repeat trials confirmed that (for me) 20mg is a light dose, 30mg is a common dose, and 45mg is a strong dose. I do appear to be a bit more sensitive than others, but the others that have trialed it have felt that ~25 light, ~35-40 common, ~50-55 strong. Subsequent trials have reaffirmed my initial impressions on methylallylescaline. It's very similar to mescaline.

I found good luck easing somatic side-effects by engaging in an hour and a half of intensive aerobic exercise right after dropping. It really eased muscle tension (even in comparison to previous trials with varied 2cs), but I am similarly not prone to psychedelic nausea. It was also a very good way to transition into the effects subjectively (the come-up that occurred in my post-ride shower taking on a certain narrative quality).

ebola

I really want to try this. However the place I ordered it from didn't send it, but said they'd send it my next order... I made another order and they didn't send it again. Not sure if they just don't have it or if they just don't care. It's a bummer though because I love mescaline, it would have been cool to have 20+ trips on something really similar for a price astronomically lower than the same of mescaline.

I concur with your method of avoiding come-up issues... I almost always will go on a hike or something when I take my psychedelics and I never really have anything unpleasant anymore during come-ups, I honestly rarely notice them, I'll just be tripping suddenly.

Were you ever able to check out this material, Xorkoth?

Nope, the place kept saying they'd send it with the next order, never did, and then they got shut down. Oh well, one day.

Did you get somatic effects from the subsequent trips with this?

iirc AL was found to be rather heavy on the liver (or was it kidneys?) by one person.
Combining with 4 ibuprofen an caffeine seems unwise, is MAL always dirty toxic feeling to you?

Personally havent gotten round to trying my AL and MAL.. Wish i had more of an opportunity to trip.

Thanks for the report :)

Did you get somatic effects from the subsequent trips with this?

iirc AL was found to be rather heavy on the liver (or was it kidneys?) by one person.
Combining with 4 ibuprofen an caffeine seems unwise, is MAL always dirty toxic feeling to you?

Somatic effects have always been present, but never as noticeable as the first time. I was likely paying close attention to it, as it was a new material. I haven't had much of an issue with gas cramps or jaw tension, but I've been pre-loading with magnesium and chewing on crystallized ginger, so that may be why. Tremors are always noticeable, but I also get them with mescaline. The slightly dirty, toxic feeling during the come-up has always been faintly but noticeably there. No one else seems to notice it, though. And in retrospect, even mescaline feels kind of weakening and attenuating until the peak kicks in, although not toxic. Nausea has always been manageable for me so long as I space out the doses by at least a half hour. I seem to require about 5mg less to get to each plateau than other people, but we're all surprised by how high PIHKAL's recommended dosages are. I recall a post about someone concerned about kidney pain; I haven't experienced this, but it reminds me of a HBWR experience I had fifteen years ago. I spent the entire time thinking that I had terrible back pain, only to realize as I returned to reality that it was just terrible gas cramps. Hopefully, that was just a once off for the writer. None of my friends have reported any non-gas abdominal pain. I haven't had any issues with headache since the first time, fortunately; yeah, that was the maximum recommended ibuprofen dosage allowable within that time frame according to the bottle. I normally respond quite well to it.

Once the effects truly begin, the somatic effects that are most noticeable are surges of pleasurable nervous energy and an electric enhancement of tactile sensations. It is truly, truly spectacular for the erotic. Moxy, foxy, MDMA, 2c-b...they have their place, but they don't compare. There was one experience that I found somewhat concerning, though. The experience sounds like side effects reported from MDxx compounds, but I'm not familiar enough with them to know if my friend's experience is similar. During sex, my partner described the emotional sensation to be so intense that it broke him. We stopped, and he was so limp he couldn't hold his head up unassisted. His entire body was numb, and his hands were rigid, curled, and immovable. He said that he found it hard to breath over the physical sensations pulsing up and down each of his muscle fibers. His body couldn't stop tensing, so much so that he needed something to bite down on with all his might that wouldn't hurt him. I found a piece of semi-hard plastic that he could bite down on with every surge of muscle tension. I looked after him closely during this time until he could stand, after which I got him to the shower, where he stood for another ten minutes until full sensation and motor skills returned to the rest of his upper body. I offered him a benzodiazepine, but he declined. I believe I was much more concerned about this experience than he was, and he does not describe it in terms as stark as mine.

He writes, "While this experience was one of a kind thus far, and could have proven frightening, I never did feel frightened. As odd as my body felt and as hard as it was to keep any coherent thought, never once did I have a bout of terror or doubt that my life was in danger. Had I been alone and this happened, this may have turned out different, but without the intense stimulus our sex provided, I highly doubt this would have happened in any other situation."

We have since been careful not to take things up to that point, as I found it quite unsettling and worrying.