• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Part 16 - Sweet 16 mind-control machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha Vortech :p I feel the whole connectedness with everything and that my body is just the vessel in which my consciousness is currently directing when on mushrooms....but that sir, is some next level shit.

I'll get back to you when (if) I ever try MXE myself. lol.

I get pressed pills from my most trusted source and defiantly prefer it in comparison to the powder I recieve from another. It is salty and potent, but the pressed pills said to be from a European source are supreme. They feel a lot cleaner more "magical" I guess you could say then the powder does, which is completely white with a salty bitter taste. They both work but I like the pills because I know how much I am taking although sometimes I swear certain pills are stronger then others. Perhaps lack of consistency with the method of pill pressing?
I don't know I have been taking roughly between 25 to 50 mgs of MXE just about every night for the past month or so now and still enjoy it. I can't really think of anything bad to say about this chemical. I maintain a normal life and things only seem to be getting better. Tolerance really does not seem to be an issue with this drug.

Nothing wrong with a few metaphors for things that cannot be described, imo.
No, there's not and I never said there was. I'm just genuinely curious if he actually believes that, cuz it sounds more like belief than metaphor... not that there's anything wrong with that. Alot of heavy MXE users are a strange breed that intrigue me, some of the stuff I've seen in these threads is just...

Well, it's certainly doesn't seem to breed your average coffee drinkin, TV Tunin', 9-5 workin', beer drinkin' type of consciousness. I fuckin' sure love it though.

On another note, it is peculiar how the entire dissociative community fits into a single thread. MXE Social

Just wanted to say that not all powder mxe is trash. There was a batch around up until a couple months ago that felt much heavier on the warm NDMA antagonism. The powdery polymorph that is currently making rounds also seems very "warm" and dreamy while the crystalline feels slightly colder and more alien. Both have been every bit as potent as the other polymorphs.

Wasn't sure if the "no batch disscusion" rule was still in effect. Feel free to delete post if need be.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's probably little to no difference between most batches of MXE that could be found in a double blind experiment. In Erowid's LSD vault, it's reported that, according to those who have sold LSD and spoken with website representatives, a volume of precisely the same synthesis laid on different prints has resulted in customers raving about the qualitative differences discerned between the different prints. Read around. You'll find people discussing differences in batches of ANY drug while ignoring the variations they've experienced within a sample, and most will argue there's some circumstance that makes it reasonable to think it's the batch and not some unknown cause.

The only inherent objective reasons for differences between the end products of any synthesis intended to create a specific compound are psychoactive impurities that are active at dosages typically far lower than the intended drug's dose (since most syntheses are fairly to highly pure). How many synthesis routes do we imagine are being used for MXE? Most likely, one, strongly implying that only a small set of different possible impurities makes it to any consumer. There occasionally are fairly potent known impurities in drug synthesis, such as PCC leftover from a particular method of producing 4-MeO-PCP. Yet such instances are rare despite reports blaming subjective response on impurities for nearly every drug, which strongly implies that subjective differences arise, in overwhelming proportion, from variables unattributable to the chemical properties of the end products. Here we are 16 pages into the MXE thread (much of which I've read) and I don't recall mention of a single compound that anybody thinks might be a candidate for a highly psychoactive unintended impurity, yet I recall numerous questionable judgments of all sorts on other topics being made ... [/buzz kill]

Last edited:
Im fairly positive theres a batch of 'crystalline mxe' going around that's actually MXM. MXE is cold and trippy as fuck, MXM is warm and lovely like a buttery dissociative opioid;) Althought i'm sure that's entirely subjective, just look out for a completely different substance.

MXM is very very similar, could definitely fool someone without a lot of dissociative experience, but MXM is gonna be dosed like 50-100mg and acts more in the fashion of an opiate than a psychedelic, in the sense that each experience is the same high. MXE is gonna be dosed like 25-50mg and each trip will often be different in nature. The MXE will taste slightly salty and computer chippy, the MXM is like salty and bitter like xanax and pretty gross.

If a particular individual or two were funneling this product from China claiming it to be MXE though, chaos ensues and these crazy new 'batches' of MXE appear that are really just new dissociatives. Because MXE has always been MXE as far as I can remember since it came out, and now there seems to be some funky business going on.

The product may be specifically marketed as the 'other type' of MXE

Last edited:
^Your theory is fairly plausible because there is both a legal (looming) and profit motive behind it. Yet extensive discussion of the relevance of "batches" precedes it. Perhaps one of the variety of reagent tests could prove your suspicion? In any case, MXM can't count as a "batch" of MXE. Rather, it would be simple fraud, just as NBOMes or DOx sold as LSD isn't "dirty LSD."

I'm 100% positive I could pick out at least one batch of crystalline mxe in a double blind experiment. Based on duration rather than the variation of effects. Feels more or less like every other mxe I've encountered but has a much longer duration followed by an unusual amount of residual stimulation.

Edit: it should be noted that I have a copious amount of experience with mxe and could absolutely tell the difference between it and mxm. I should have mentioned that the different effects from different batches are very subtle

Last edited:
Im fairly positive theres a batch of 'crystalline mxe' going around that's actually MXM. MXE is cold and trippy as fuck, MXM is warm and lovely like a buttery dissociative opioid;) Althought i'm sure that's entirely subjective, just look out for a completely different substance.

Wow, I find MXE to be wonderfully warm and flowy, and beautiful for empathy. Weird how people are affected so differently.

I'm 100% positive I could pick out at least one batch of crystalline mxe in a double blind experiment. Based on duration rather than the variation of effects. Feels more or less like every other mxe I've encountered but has a much longer duration followed by an unusual amount of residual stimulation.

Edit: it should be noted that I have a copious amount of experience with mxe and could absolutely tell the difference between it and mxm. I should have mentioned that the different effects from different batches are very subtle

I'd have thought the same thing but now I think differently. The most recent batch I acquired (very slight off-white salty looking MXE) had me wonky for 2 hours with residual dissociation for another 2 hours and up to 4 hours of stimmy after effects. Now I went home for the holidays and didn't take any drugs for about 3 weeks, this week when I took a dose of MXE (same batch) I could feel effects for about 4 hours but didn't have any residual stimulation. I would've expected for it to hit me harder as I hadn't taken any in a while but the trip was actually milder than the ones I had before the holidays.

Set and setting seem to be pretty important in determining the overall MXE experience as well...

Indeed, as with any psychedelic/dissociative, set and setting are as important as anything else. I've had jankety, rough MXE trips when I took it alone at home with the intention of escaping, and then the next time I take the same batch I can take it with friends in a good setting and have a magical time.

Is anybody else unable to find quality MXE???

I haven't had any good MXE since this past summer. The stuff that I can currently get is NOT the same. The high is dirty and unfocused, very heavy on the body load aspect but completely lacking of all the characteristics that define a good MXE experience.

I cannot hole on the stuff that I have. I have taken upwards of 200mg+ and still been able to walk around, talk to people etc. I know tolerance isn't a factor since I took a break from it for 2 months prior, and while I have a moderate cumulative dissociative tolerance, that absolutely cannot be the only thing going on.

I will compare the two batches. The GOOD MXE was crystalline, had a salty consistency and an off white (maybe a bit of yellow/brown) color. It burned very little going up the nose and tasted salty and almost kind of sweet. The effects were incredible, comparable to a 3 or 4 hour long experience on quality ketamine. 50-60mg with no tolerance was enough to enter a ketamine-like hole, and I have had experiences with high dosages that rival my deepest DMT trips in terms of intensity and utter alienness. This new stuff I have, the BAD MXE, is white and super powdery (closer to, say, powdered sugar than salt.) It burns horribly going up the nose and has a nasty, caustic chemical drip that tastes almost sour, and lingers for the duration of the experience. Effects only become barely perceptible at 50mg+ and is still pretty weak even at that level. It feels like a dark, dirty, grimy disgusting dissociative high, far more disgusting than DXM for example, but there are no CEVs or OEVs or OEBs or anything like that. Just a cold mild dissociation with very uncomfortable body effects such as nausea, double vision, vertigo etc. But there is no transcendent beautiful hole to be found here, and frankly I'm scared to push it beyond 200mg given how uncomfortable the body high was at that dose.

PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME that others are experiencing this as well. I remember before the UK ban, having quality MXE where 25mg felt like 50mg of very pure potent ketamine and it would give me all these lovely effects, first a transcendent hole-type experience (leaving my body and merging with the source) and then later a profound afterglow that would last 2 days to a week where it felt like the best antidepressant/afterglow ever. This new stuff has none of that, no afterglow, just a hangover.

I'm not asking for a source, I'm just wondering if quality MXE still exists. Anybody who would like to chime in with their experiences re: different batches, please feel free...

I have noticed this myself...

I remember the sweet tasting MXE with amazing effects. The stuff going around now lacks that sweet taste and just feels different. Very lackluster. I keep waiting for the sweet tasting stuff to come back but it has yet to re-emerge.

The sweetness you're tasting is most likely a cut, so I wouldn't bank on it as an indicator of quality.

The sweetness you're tasting is most likely a cut, so I wouldn't bank on it as an indicator of quality.

Interesting...

Any idea what that possibly could have been? If it was cut with something it seemed to greatly increase the positive effects. I was assuming it was just made by a more skilled chemist.

Inositol is a common cut for other substances, and is sweet. There's as much chance of it being "better MXE" as there is of your earlier experiences being better experiences.

Perhaps you could pick out the "crystalline" batch, though I don't know why crystals should have any different effect than powders since powders are simply finely crushed crystals, potentially confounding psychoactive impurities can exist in powders or crystals, etc. You wouldn't be the first to express this kind of certainty regarding the subjectively discerned quality of [name any popular drug]. To give people an idea, to approximate a statistically significant outcome with respect to measuring a person's ability to tell the difference, they'd need to be able to correctly identify the crystalline batch 9 times out of 10 trials in a double blind experiment that used five samples of each from two different batches. I'd think the ability to distinguish MXE from MXM would be far greater than different batches of the same drug, naturally (though inexpensive reagent tests could do the same more conclusively I'd think).
Crashing said:
The product may be specifically marketed as the 'other type' of MXE
Regarding "types": If I were an unscrupulous vendor selling whatever (legitimate) MXE I could obtain from anywhere, I'd claim to offer both "Chinese" and "Indian" varieties on my products list. It offers customers the illusion of control, since those who think there's a difference are bound to find it (see confirmation bias). Further, I'd be one of the few vendors who offered such an "exclusive" choice. Why try another vendor when they can't be sure said vendor is stocking MXE from their country of preference? Worst case scenario: independent tests confirm each is the same percentage of highly pure MXE -- to which I'd respond, "I've sought out the finest Chinese and Indian chemists for my customers, and so it's no surprise they independently get top notch results."

There have been many consumer studies that identify one product as two different brands and provide participants with clues as to which costs more (a lie). On average the participants like the more expensive "option" and can provide a laundry list of reasons why. To some extent this works to get people to claim products identified as inferior in experiments that don't try to trick them are superior to products judged better under the neutral conditions. Further, in wine tasting (which relies on finely honed sensory and perceptual discernment) the only people who are able to consistently identify superior wines are those who have trained formally and extensively using KNOWN wine vintages. Even drug users with extensive experience with a particular drug can't really claim to have trained using drugs with verified formal composition.

Last edited:
i.e) some like the powder better, some prefer crystalline.

You also might pose as more than one individual, and basically feed all the little druggies anything you want under any name and observe their responses, always keeping one identity safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.