• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[mushrooms] what is .5 half gram experince like?

Depends on the strain of the mushrooms, a strong variety .5 can be pretty strong, but with weaker ones it may only be a threshold dose.

Well 0.5 grams may or may not get you threshold effects which I would describe thusly:
Stoning, perhaps some laughing / giggling, mild change in light intensity, only just getting to feel a little off / changed / differently atuned. I would personally consider about 1-1.5 a minimum requirement for a light trip, though for some that 1.5 proves to be enough. 3 or 3.5 grams can be very intense and a full-on rather than 'normal' trip. If you want to test the waters you certainly could with a very low dose like 0.5 grams, a friend of mine takes 0.5-1 grams frequently to spice up his buzz (he usually just smokes weed)... ideally such a threshold experience can give you an idea of how it can feel weird to go off baseline, but at worst threshold effects can make some people a little anxious because they are not quite in it and they are not quite out either. The related drug DMT can also make people feel like that on the threshold.

So those are some things to consider.

Welcome to PD / bluelight <3 safe journeying

Most of the time when taking shrooms i took at least an 8th to get some nice but too overwhelming effects, but i did experiment with larger doses like quarters and even a half ounce at one time. There were times I would take small doses of spores like that at high school and still be functional without a very noticeable difference in pupil size. It usually consisted of feelings of wellbeing and a feeling like I could do anything but in a really mellow way. I would also be able to relate to people and different types of music in a way i couldnt while sober if that makes sense. Again like others have said it all depends on the quality of the shrooms and the conditions they were grown in or the experience of the grower.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan weed goes really nicely with small doses of shrooms and even higher doses were always accompanied with weed which gave me nice effects. Some people have bad reactions to weed though so obviously its not for everyone.

While I think that combining a very light dose of mushrooms like this with weed is fine and a mix of two kinds of stoning (coincidentally I find say opium to also be a kind of stoning in effect) tends to be pretty nice, I want to warn people about smoking weed on any medium to strong dose of mushrooms. It can so easily get overwhelming and too vague/confusing so that it may relatively easily lead you into troublesome thought loops and other 'badly' (confusingly) structured thought patterns. For experienced trippers, sure carefully try it and even get accustomed to it, but for beginning trippers I would call that an obvious trap.

Yea it also depends a lot on the strain of weed you have and how much you smoke. Like I said some people don't mix well with weed but generally people that smoke it all the time and are accustomed to it don't usually get bad reactions with shrooms if done in moderation. I've never seen it happen anyways with the people I've tried shrooms with and ive had lots of different types of people do shrooms with me. I do know some that refuse to smoke though especially on shrooms because of bad past experiences. I can imagine Its really not fun having an anxiety attack in that state of mind.

Yeah weed make me dazed so ill take it easy on the weed or ill just enjoy the shrooms by itself ethier seem fun.

Most dry shrooms are about 1% psilocybin so 0.5 gm would be about 5 mg. You would feel it slightly if you have no tolerance. Your legs would be a little rubbery and your vision would be a little "off", maybe some slight visuals.

I don't think it's worth it. I'd do 1-2 g to start with.

Like I mentioned I would normally agree with this, but only once it is established that the shroomer is not exceptionally sensitive.

Also note that finding that out takes several trips because mushrooms are products of nature and can sometimes vary widely in potency, even within the same batch. And you don't want to accidentally be thrown in the deep end with mushrooms IMO.

What is it like to watch tv show is it enjoyable? I really want to watch the new the simspons episode while still being in control but still feeling the effect of shroom. I always feel happy watching the simspons.

I find watching TV or film on shrooms detracts from the trip. It's very unsatisfying.

I trip on weed before I couldn't stop laughing till it hurt then I sat down in the ground I felt like I went into a void where everything colsed up on me and I ask myself am I real is anything real good thing it ended at 5 mins or so. But I have good time getting high now. I think am prone to have a bad trip my first time so am going light on the dosage becuse I imagine a bad trip on shroom way more scary.

I find watching TV or film on shrooms detracts from the trip. It's very unsatisfying.

It can be like this, or it's very funny. I watched Half Baked on 1.5g of mushrooms, and with the part where the guy feeds the horse junk food he fed it some red glop and it died. I could also see patterns and things changing in the film which was interesting.

Very low dose mushroom experiences are apparently like Solipsis in post #3 wrote about. A friend of mine tried a low dose mushroom trip and got anxiety from it since he just found it overwhelming compared to a eating a higher amount of mushrooms like 1.0-2.0g dried.

Like I mentioned I would normally agree with this, but only once it is established that the shroomer is not exceptionally sensitive.

Also note that finding that out takes several trips because mushrooms are products of nature and can sometimes vary widely in potency, even within the same batch. And you don't want to accidentally be thrown in the deep end with mushrooms IMO.

On that note, I would stay far away from psychs if you don't want to end up in the deep end.

All depends on what you take. We had penis envy at 1.5g and it fucked us up. I went to places that does not excist and could not leave my room for 2 hours. Will be taking .5 next time to start off with. Muchrooms can become very intence so will recomment to start with .5