• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[mushrooms] what is .5 half gram experince like?

It really, really cannot be said at all, what any given quantity of 'mushrooms' (taken here to mean psilocybin mushrooms of course) will do. You didn't specify fresh or dry, nor did you specify the species. (Not accounting for people taking whopping great quantities of course, when it can fairly reliably be said 'you are going to get royally fucked up=D Made tea, once, after a grow of P.tampanensis, after harvesting the truffles, I made a solution of hand-hot water gently acidic with HCl, used it to make an infusion of the growth medium, which by then was more or less one solid block of hyphae, a big tray full, and after blending the sclerotia to pulp, necked the lot, HCl extraction and the growth product both (the HCl was very dilute, just enough to render the water slightly acidic. Didn't have any organic weak acids to hand at the time in the lab, so had to make do with hydrochloric, greatly diluted, way, way more so than would burn mucous membranes. I don't advise other people do that, but it was checked with an electronic PH meter, and with chemical UI before going near either me, or the mushroom culture. If you aren't very used to and comfortable handling acids and other corrosive chemicals, don't, I imagine an internal corrosive burn would be a hideous way to die)

500mg of P.cubensis will probably do nothing at all, if they are fresh. Dried, very light, threshold effect at most, mood elevation, perhaps brightening of colours, maybe giggliness, a general feeling of light hearted 'this is a good day'. A beginning dose of fresh P.cubensis would be 10g, Mushrooms (of all kinds, well, almost all kinds, there being plenty of woody polypores and the likes that are far less) are about 90% water when fresh. So as a rule, they have roughly a 10/1 ratio fresh weight to dry weight. 1g Cubensis is a fairly modest dose and shouldn't overwhelm anyone.

But that same gram, if it were (freshly, recently) dried P.cyanescens, or P.semilanceata, it'll hit you pretty hard.

Heck, I've once had a pretty decent experience transdermally with P.cyanescens. And I had proof it wasn't placebo, as a second subject was present and at the same timescale, the same happened to both of us, the second subject had never done mushrooms, or any other drug, excluding only oral weed (the fucking little bitch was asthmatic [not insulting her for that, but she turned out to be a real fucking cunt, former housemate, OCD, borderline personality disorder, absolute psychotic cunt from hell, compulsive liar, klepto, nutcase of the worst kind. Ended up kicking her out, after inviting her to live under my protection, rent free, a friend at the time, and fellow autie, after she told me, and I heard some vicious fighting in the background, that her parents beat her, her brother also, and that she had been raped by a grandfather. This I doubt, now, although if she was, then good, she deserves it, after she falsely cried rape, twice, against boyfriends of hers when she had exhausted them of property and money, anything else she could parasitize from them. So yeah, I hope she did get brutally raped. Just too bad he didn't slit her throat too, starting at her arsehole and working up. With a rusty hacksaw.) In the end, before my kicking her worthless arse out of my house and telling her not to come back, she lost her temper because I told her she couldn't come into my bedroom to feed her pet fish (which I let her have, and indeed, bought for her, the tank and appliances included, food likewise, but which had to stay in my bedroom, because I had converted my lab and mothballed it while she was here. Which for me, was just about the biggest, most magnanimous sacrifice I could EVER make for a person, ever. It's my whole life's work, my baby.)

Told her she could not enter, until I'd gotten up and out of bed and gotten clothed. At which, she lost it, completely lost the plot, and tried to force the door, whilst I shoved the scabbard of a sword between a radiator and a large heavy, quite immovable dresser. She then started to smash the door in, hard enough to bend the scabbard and the copper pipe leading up to the radiator and I found her charging in with a katana, Screaming and whining and generally completely fucking well mental. It was lucky for me I only got a couple of cuts down a forearm, before managing to parry her blade, completely fucking naked, was fortunate that I'd chosen the scabbard to block the door in order to try and retain my dignity; since that meant I had my own sword right there in my hand.

Was a right nasty altercation. She would have killed me if she had been able, but as it was, she only managed to catch me by surprise, leave a pair of scars, one about 4 inch long down my forearm, before I parried, grabbed a revolver and told her exactly what would happen to her if she didn't drop the blade. (And then smashed her in the face after she did, for good measure, decked her and threw her out)

Bloody bitch and no mistake, but utterly naive to drugs, excluding only weed, and that only relatively inexperienced, after sharing a few 8ths, in her case, cooked up due to her asthma)

And a DISGUSTING disgrace to autistic people, fucking little whore is unworthy of that gift. Makes my skin crawl to think she has anything in common with me. Fucking vile little cunting slag.

At the time, we'd been to macdonalds, gotten supper. And on the way back, what did we find (well, what did *I* find, since I'm the one who's studied mycology since age 4, to her they were just little brown mushrooms in the bushes)?

Enough Psilocybe cyanescens to require us to go back into the macdonalds, and plead for a couple of empty happy-meal boxes because I'd just found a patch of mushrooms I had to take home=D

The server was fine with giving us some free empty cartons, and me and The Bitch filled the lot to the brim, didn't weigh the harvest, but enough to fill two happy meal cartons with a heaping pile, as well as needing me to stuff the pockets of my trenchcoat.

Weather was or at least recently had been wet, and the mushrooms were damp. I told The Bitch that we couldn't take them straight away, explaining to her about the lookalike of P.cyanescens, Galerina autumnalis, and how to tell the two apart, as Psilocybe species all have violaceous-black spores, whilst Galerina species have rusty to tobacco brown spores. So we had to get kitchen foil and manually slice the caps from stems, keeping each as pairs, placing them gills-down onto the foil, making sure every stem went with it's owner's cap to take prints.

Just as well too, as I found three, perhaps as many as four or five rusty-tobacco brown spore prints. I didn't bother ID'ing those under the microscope (I've a pretty good one, formerly from a pathologist's lab) or reagent testing with Meixner's, especially as Meixner testing relies on the presence of a tryptophan residue within the cyclopeptidic structure of amatoxins/virotoxins/phallotoxins, and thus will react almost certainly with psilocybin or psilocin. They just were disposed of. Could have been other species, such as the harmless Kuehneromyces mutabilis, which resembles the deadly poisonous Galerina autumnalis and it's noxious relatives so closely that although edible, even expert mycologists will not eat of it. I certainly would never, ever even think of eating K.mutabilis, it looks so damn close, that even I would have difficulty telling the difference, and I can't remember off the top of my head, without consulting my books, whether there is enough difference between the spores to distinguish them under the microscope, or their reactions to Melzer's reagent or the Meixner amatoxin test.

Anyhow, we were cleaning them of twigs, bits of leaf litter and the like, the fruitbodies damp to the touch. And after (this was years ago, so I'm guessing very roughly the time), perhaps an hour and a half, two hours (there were a LOT of mushrooms) cleaning, after getting about half way through, each of us taking half the total to clean, before we got ready for me to sporeprint them, me and The Bitch both noticed that each other's pupils had become really dilated, hers looked as if she had been poisoned by atropine, hyoscyamine, scopolamine or something else powerfully antimuscarinic, don't know what mine looked like, as I tried to look in a mirror and found myself looking...well....definitely not 'right', or at eyes that looked like eyes at all.

Both of us ended up cackling with uncontrollable laughter, I was seeing the walls breathing in wavy lines, everything all pastel colour and everything feeling as if being touched through a layer of fluid. Both of us were definitely quite under the influence, I'd put it at a ++(+1/2) on my part. And yet, neither of us had eaten a single mushroom. We'd absorbed enough psilocybin/psilocin through our fingertips from handling such a whacking great pile of a very potent species that we both ended up tripping. She ended up throwing up at one point, and we both ended up needing to lie down in the dark.

So it really varies what KIND of mushroom you have, And whether fresh or dry, plus their age, how long they have been stored. 2-2.5g of those cyans would knock me nutty, tried 5g (dry) was overwhelming. But 2g dry Cubensis would to me, be a modest dose. I probably wouldn't notice 0.5g dry. Fresh, Cubensis then nobody would likely notice anything at all.

Amanitas are another story altogether, too. Now, I can only comment upon Amanita muscaria, the fly agaric, since I will not eat of the Panther, A.pantherina, as there are two compounds in there, stizolobic, and stizolobinic acids, both excitatory in activity, as orthosteric agonists of ionotropic glutamate receptors, I THINK kainate receptors, but possibly AMPA, although present in small quantities, these are active in FEMTOMOLAR concentrations!, shockingly low Ki, which, despite their higher levels of ibotenic acid (itself an excitotoxic neurotoxin, used in research to lesion animal brains via microinjection into target pathways, it's an NMDA agonist [ketamine, MXE, PCP etc are antagonists at this site, agonists of ionotropic glutamate receptors are excitotoxins, which mean they basically stimulate brain cells until they stimulate themselves to death. Permanently damaging, nonfatal doses causing seizures and other nasty effects, potentially permanent amnesia), but in the case of ibotenic acid, it decarboxylates easily when the mushrooms are heat-dried, to form muscimol, an orthosteric GABAa agonist, with some affinity also for GABAc (or as it's also known, GABAa-Rho, judged a subtype of GABAa receptors composed entirely of Rho-subunits, found primarily within the retina of the eye), at regular GABAa receptors, muscimol binds as a potent agonist, to the GABA binding site itself.

Very different effects to psilocybin/psilocin, if comparable to anything people here are liable to know, then perhaps zolpidem (ambien). The doses are very different too, perhaps 5g as a starting dose, although they are very variable according to season, locale picked, per mushroom, part of the mushroom used (the cap is the potent part, I don't even bother with the stems in fact, although I have rather a glut of them every year, as I know two places that fruit masses of them, enough that I have my work cut out to dry them all.

Hi ch777
I'm new here so take it for what it's worth, with anything new to your experience, ALWAYS START LOW AND WORK UP!

I had .5 grams on my first Psilocybin Azurescens trip and it was full blown. Felt like 2-3 grams of Cubensis. I wish Psilocybin Azurescens were easier to come by. Mine were gifted by a friend who has passed on years ago. He got them from a beach in Oregon. The mushroom has its own personality, a cold northern personality and I got the feeling it liked me. So it was different from other mushrooms in certain ways.

I wondered this the other day cause I may want to try growing shrooms and FOR ME personally, most likely cause I'm on an SSRI and they can dull trips, I usually don't even feel I trip as hard as I want on an eighth, usually get no visuals, and want to try 5 grams next time.

But at the same token, i also want to experiment with microdosing just as an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety aid that would be non-addictive and safe.

I kind of figured that with how mellow and easy most of my experiences on an eighth have been that .5 would be like microdosing for me and be what I'd be looking for in terms of a day where I want to be functional but in a great mood, but then again, I bet that is still too much to safely drive a car so probably best for not leaving the house.

So, what kind of doses would most of you guys consider the "microdosing range"?

From the responses, many of you seem to think 0.5 is still too high to be a "microdose", but then again, everyone reacts differently and I seem to get a milder effect off an eighth than many people.

So, do you guys think of doses like 0.1 or 0.2 grams as "microdoses"?

Likewise, one guy mentioned just eating spores, but I thought they had no psilocybin or psilocin so why would that do anything?

What is it like to watch tv show is it enjoyable? I really want to watch the new the simspons episode while still being in control but still feeling the effect of shroom. I always feel happy watching the simspons.

It's nice during the come-up, but at some point, I just want to go in the dark and enjoy the trip.

So what dose range is generally considered a "microdose"?

Is 0.5 microdosing or is that too high?

Never had P.azurescens, but P.cyanescens are fairly closely related, and are similarly extremely potent.

I'd quite like to give P.azurescens and P.baeocystis a grow some time myself.

So what dose range is generally considered a "microdose"?

Is 0.5 microdosing or is that too high?

I?ve been taking .1 every three days for about a month now. I feel a lot sharper, like I?m always on my ?A Game.?

I dose right before bed, have no issues getting to sleep, and usually have really cool dreams.

I?ve been taking .1 every three days for about a month now. I feel a lot sharper, like I?m always on my ?A Game.?

I dose right before bed, have no issues getting to sleep, and usually have really cool dreams.

Can I ask you if you have ever grown them yourselves?

If not, I won't ask about your sources as everyone has their own, but I would not feel safe trying to hunt for them in the wild.

I'd love to try growing but right now my living situation isn't great for it.

Do you think they have improved any areas of you life and if so, which?

Do they help you with work or motivation to do things you are putting off?

Do you think they can help with depression and anxiety?

Can I ask you if you have ever grown them yourselves?

If not, I won't ask about your sources as everyone has their own, but I would not feel safe trying to hunt for them in the wild.

I'd love to try growing but right now my living situation isn't great for it.

Do you think they have improved any areas of you life and if so, which?

Do they help you with work or motivation to do things you are putting off?

Do you think they can help with depression and anxiety?

Growing is very simple, you just have to be very sterile for the first couple steps. There are several vendors online that sell spores, which is legal because the spores don?t contain psilocybin. There are other vendors that sell grow kits. The kits are a good way to start, but once you learn what you are doing, it is much less expensive to do all your own prep.

Microdosing has definitely helped my focus, both in work and personal life. It?s hard to explain, but I just feel ?sharper? all the time, even on off days. My energy levels seem to have increased too.

I?ve never had any anxiety or depression issues, so I can?t speak to that; however, I have found that I need a much larger dose to achieve any psychological breakthroughs. 3-4 grams usually gets me there.

Hope this helps!