• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 3

I took some AL-LAD over the weekend that I purchased in 2014, and stored in the freezer until 2017. In 2017 after taking it out of the freezer, it seemed just as potent as when it was brand new. Then I left some tabs out of the freezer for the last year, and tried it again over the weekend, and it seems like it might have degraded a little bit, like say 20% lest potent. Hard to know for sure because trips can just vary randomly anyways, plus the tabs might not be evenly laid. But it might be worth keeping this one nice and chilly (and bone dry) for storage.

Yes, the lysergamides are very sensitive. I have my entire arsenal stored in the freezer in the long term.

I believe that the great variability of effects with AL-LAD is due to poor storage of the substance. There are people who say that it is not visual until you reach the 450ug ... well, for me 225ug were not overwhelming but there were very obvious hallucinations.

DocLad

225ug was my dose this weekend too. I could see the hints of fractal geometry, tons of colour saturation and visual enhancement. Not overwhelming at all. I just remember if being *slightly* stronger at that dosage last year, but it is so subjective, really hard to say. In any case, I think it's a good idea to store it in the freezer, extremely dry.

I find AL-LAD to be incredbily euphoric, more so than LSD and going i the direction of a candyflip (LSD+MDMA) without the negative consequences.

Just tried it again yesterday at 5:00p - the most social of them all, least intense but yes euphoric and lovely. Had Pot at 11PM. Was not visual before that . Went to sleep at 2AM.

Yeah AL-LAD is a gem. I'm thinking of getting some more before it disappears forever, I've got about 20 hits left of 50 I would say. It's so recreational and fun, and funny. Very light and euphoric for sure. I like it very much.

I do not think so, but in the RC market that is the most likely direction.

DocLad

I'm pretty sure it's already not being synthed anymore, but that it's still available until it sells out.

Wanted to let people know I've posted a TR detailing my thumbprint experience in the TR forum. link is http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/847901-AL-LAD-thumbprint?p=14375813#post14375813

I really love AL-LAD, ive had several experiences with it. My conclusion is while its a great compound. Theres really no need to push the dose past 450 mikes, it becomes way dreamier. Somehow I can take LSD much higher up to 1mg and remain lucid. past 450 mikes of AL it becomes less valuable to me. I've never taken a massive dose of LSD btw. Many more trip reports and comments to come I hope.

I'm going to catch up on this megathread soon but I wanted to ask a quick question: I have the option of picking up AL-LAD and LSZ instead of LSD right now for the same price per sheet. Should I go ahead and stock up or is there not much there compared to standard L? Is it novel enough to justify buying a sheet just to have around in case it gets banned?

Dunno about LSZ but AL-LAD is different enough to warrant it. Much more euphoric, and different visuals. I am thinking of buying another sheet of it myself. LSD is more something to do to go deep, but AL-LAD is one of the ultimate recreational substances.

Dunno about LSZ but AL-LAD is different enough to warrant it. Much more euphoric, and different visuals. I am thinking of buying another sheet of it myself. LSD is more something to do to go deep, but AL-LAD is one of the ultimate recreational substances.

That's interesting, a more fun/social LSD is something I'm interested in for sure. I'll probably pick one up then. I hate taking LSD in a social setting because I'm constantly focused on how other people are looking at me. Always worried I'm going to say something weird or annoy people when I'm in thought loops. When I finally get some I'll do a mild dose during a day with the family and let y'all know how it goes.

Usualy when I take AL-LAD with friends, we all end up laughing so hard it hurts the next day.

Yeah you should grab Al-lad if it's the same price as lsd. In 5 years you might not be able to get al-lad but you definitely will still find lsd. Al lad is a distinct and super fun acid variant. Everyone loves it. If you were purely interested in exotic then grab lsz cause its ultra rare now, but al lad was better received in general. The one time I tried lsz it seemed cool. Maybe it's been overlooked. But probably you could stick with the consensus on this.

AL-LAD is one of the gems of the psych world, for sure. Lighter doses are fun and manageable, but bump that up a bit and it gets extremely weird, in a good way of course. Anything moving up to 300, 450, or 600 will put you on the moon. LSZ was an odd one, and I found it had quite a bit of bodyload, GI stuff, mostly, but when you moved up the ladder with it, it was much more LSD-like, and had an ominous head-space in my opinion. Sinister, might be a good way to put it.

took 150 ug of al-lad but was i little bit underwhelming... visuals where light but still nice. mentally it's was too plain...
Next time i should push further...

I had some of the famously luckydip dosage original tabs that tests found from approx 156-216ug in 4 tabs but we strongly believe wider tests would have show even greater variation - someone required sedation of one tab that seemed way over the other times when it had been way over. A later batch from the same original source I was hoping were more accurate I tried at 300ug and it was barely above baseline so I have to conclude dosage seems near meaningless without some sort of reliable reference

I found 150ug to be barely noticeable. 300 was ok, but 450 was better. 600 was a solid dose, but breathing felt weird at times and I thought the dose might be a little high.

450ug of AL-LAD combined with 200ug of ETH-LAD was a serious experience. I almost lost it on the come-up with all of the insect-like buzzing until I took a deep breath and let go. My vision at times was all scrambled, like everything was pencil scribbles, and the environment was extremely distorted, as if I was looking out from inside of a prism. There were times when I couldn't make out individual objects, just blobs.

I had the sense that my brain's pattern matching and prediction algorithms were struggling to function. It was like it kept trying to make sense of its inputs and predict what would happen next, but kept predicting incorrectly and trying to recover. Like the mechanism was jammed. I also had the strongest sensation that I was a program running on a computer that was malfunctioning.

Some kind of trip report: AL-LAD 150 mcg - Deep on two occations
I've got a broad and long exposure to many psychedelic tryptamines, ergolines and phenethylamines.
Just want to share a few observations from my 2 different 150 mcg experiences with AL-LAD regarding headspace/depth. The blotters had AL-LAD on one side and the molecule printed on the other side. They were slightly grayish, bought in 2018). I will not follow the standard trip report format with time stamps.

I've seen many contradictory reports regarding AL-LAD. Some get wild visuals and definitely some mind fuck from one 150 mcg tab, others need 2-3 tabs and some say hardly any mind fuck even then. Unevenly dosed blotters or individual differences in sensitivity? I don't know, but other blotters like ALD-52 - which seems to originate from the same place - have been very uniformly and accurately dosed in my experience.

Anyhow, my experiences from one AL-LAD trip this autumn and one recently are very similar.
On both trips I have fasted a few hours, pre-dosed with 1/2 g of phenibut 2-4 h before.
Might have had very slight tolerance from some 2C-B or 2C-T-21 from 6-7 days before.
I've taken the AL-LAD around noon, alerts after 30-40 min, obvious effects after 60 min. Slight nausea - no other body load.
Visually some kind of light pastel color overlays in pink, light green and light turquoise. Slight underwater feeling, vivid imagination where I easily can see faces and figures in stones and roots etc.
Very slight waving/breathing/morphing of branches - similar to 15-17 mg 2C-B HBr for me. Definitely less visual than 20+ mg 2C-B HBr.
Lots of smiling for no apparent reason, music sounds great – but not as fantastic as on LSD.
Head space is quite lucid, stream of thought is sped up - maybe like 30-40 mcg LSD. A bit easily distracted. Mydriasis is not obvious in good light, but can be seen in low light. Nothing extreme. No problem appearing sober in most circumstances. (But that is after +200 trips over 30+ years, so YMMV.)
Anyhow, on both trips, around the 4 hour mark, I start thinking of death and losses. A present theme as my mom has terminal cancer and a friend just passed away.
The first time I listened to - please indulge me, seemed very important to me - Nils Frahm's Says. Not by choice, just one random song from my 64GB SD card with mp3's. Maybe had heard it just once before.
I start thinking of my parents; how their upbringing influenced who I have become, and similar thoughts. Then I get this idea that we are all prisoners in our own bodies, that to die is to become free, free from all pain and the limitations of our sensory apparatus. Like someone once said, dying is like taking off a bad fitting shoe. I feel a longing to go there (the other side), to be with my lost relatives, to be with the all loving force. I feel loved by this force for who I am, with all my faults.
I see death as a jubilant occasion to celebrate! I cry very deeply and cleansing. Not out of just sadness or of joy, maybe out of this feeling of love – or a mixture of all those feelings.
Normally I'm some sort of half agnostic, half Buddhist, half Taoist kind of person. (I know the math doesn't add up ;^).) It all feels very natural, true and fantastic! A very deep and rewarding experience! Not an ego death, but definitely left me with a bit of reduced ego.
Fast forward half a year. Prelude to today's trip:
I've been planing to visit my dying mother and my daughter have been really teenage sullen regarding that trip. After a lot of pushing and cajoling she comes out and says that she's anxious meeting grandma and that she thinks a lot about death. Great that she got that out!
I take my AL-LAD tab and goes for a long forest walk. Beautiful day, can't stop smiling! That I had slight anxiety - as always - before dropping seems ridiculous now. Walking home I start imagining having a conversation with my daughter about death. That we're all (in the words of Joseph Campbell) like light bulbs, and we all will break down and stop shining one day. But if we don't identify with the bulb, but with the light (& the electricity), we will go on forever - as energy never can be destructed. Coming closer to home I realize that the metaphor may be a bit difficult for her to comprehend... Want to tell her that she is everything & that everything is she... No, that won't work either… ;^)
Now listening to - also by random - Philip Glass, Glassworks, Opening. Somehow similar to Says by Nils Frahm. Both so beautiful! Returning home, I'll be alone for a couple of hours. I’m going back in my memories to the feeling from the AL-LAD trip 5 month ago. Feeling this longing to become one with the source; to be drinking from that infinite well of love, to not be - to be everything. Thinking of some of my hard times, my unsuccessful attempts as a child to help my emotionally crippled parents. I do some deep, deep crying. After a not brief time, I suddenly feel deep, nonjudgmental, love for myself. Feeling so much gratefulness and love to those who made these molecules for the first time and especially to those who - undoubtedly with much intelligence, dedication, love and courage - made them available to me and others.
All this is written at the tail end of the second trip - so will probably embarrass me in a day or two... :^) and it may all be psychotic ramblings.
But AL-LAD can definitely be deep - and not very visual - at 150 mcg. At least for me these 2 times. Definitely one of my top 5 psychedelics!
I share my stories for others to learn from, as I've learned a lot from others stories.
May the force be with you! <3