• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fresh Starts and New Lives. The January 2015 getting and staying sober thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
This thread is for anyone who wants to get or is staying sober. Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. Please adhere to the Bluelight User Agreement and Sober Living Forum Guidelines.

The December thread can be found by clicking >Here<

fresh-start.jpg

Last edited:
Two days tonight.... I'm trying to keep this goin for the new year....

Nice work Lila, how you feeling?

Last night was kind of rough with a bit of mental fog. I couldn't remember if I took my antidepressant. I'm feeling better with each day though! I'm working on a workbook now and I have one trusted friend that I have told. Still haven't told my husband yet but I'm feeling I will soon. =D

Love, you can message me anytime or we can chat on here! I'm on Day 7.
How are you feeling today?
I keep tell myself that I will not use today, this hour, this minute. I'll worry about tomorrow...tomorrow. Seems to be helping me. This too shall pass.

Ok... just to share the success stories -- who do we know that put down an addiction in 2014, and has been going strong for at least 3 months? I know I did. (Stims.)

Nice%), unfortunately I can't make that claim to fame.

I stopped using heroin (on to sub script) and crack around march and started tapering down from a pretty sizeable diazepam at the same time. I managed to kick the sub in the summer and carried on tapering down on the benzos throughout the course of the whole year. I had a bit of a wobble towards the end of the year and started using gear/crack again for a couple of weeks but knocked it all the head at once (opiates, benzos and crack) a fortnight ago.

The hard work starts here now really and I don't have any confidence in my ability to stay clean whatsoever if I'm perfectly honest, but I am kind of pleased with what I have achieved over the last nine months though. I've managed to stay alive and just about hang on to my uni place through everything and having come out of the other side I kind of feel like less of a waste of space.

Post if you've had success, or post if you haven't had success but are going to try in 2015! It's all good to hear about.:)

New Year = New start to my sobriety.

I made it 9 months clean last year before I had a full-on relapse this past week. Dope, suboxone, benzos, and alcohol all in large amounts. It was rough, fun at first, but now that it's over i'm regretting it big time. Not even really sure why I did it to begin with I guess I thought I needed to have some sort of blowout party to end the year and celebrate my sobriety. Instead my family and friends don't trust me again and my birthright trip to Israel may or may not happen next week. Depends how quickly I get over being dope sick (I don't think it'll be that bad considering it was only a 5 day run). Dope for two days and subs/benzos for three days. I'm mostly worried about the benzos, i've been consuming up to 10mg everyday for the past week. Hopefully, my gabapentin will help ease w/d's. I'm so mad at myself for letting this relapse happen, I was doing so well for so long and I left it all behind for two days of nodding out in bed all day. Oh well here's to a new year and a new start! Let's hope that I learned from my mistakes for good this time.

Ok... just to share the success stories -- who do we know that put down an addiction in 2014, and has been going strong for at least 3 months? I know I did. (Stims.)

If you add up all my little stints of being clean during 2014 it comes out to about 3 months ;)

I was sober today FWIW.

Love, you can message me anytime or we can chat on here! I'm on Day 7.
How are you feeling today?
I keep tell myself that I will not use today, this hour, this minute. I'll worry about tomorrow...tomorrow. Seems to be helping me. This too shall pass.

Hey flylila! Yea we should def chat! Yea I jus woke up for a very long nap at 10pm n I'm pissed cause I'm prob not gonna sleep tonight now. And I have huge cravings like I checked my bank account to see if I have money yet. Uhggg I'm afaid of tomorrow

It's been 8 months clean off oxy for me. I was on a script for over ten years and never experienced withdrawal until May 3 /14 I decided to quit CT it was HELL never want to go through that again. To all of you deciding to kick your habit/addiction to the curb in 2015 keep fighting the good fight.

2014 was a great year for heroin, but despite the fact that I dedicated at least 8 hours a day to doing it, acquiring it and bitching about it I have managed to be heroin free since August (wow just realized this!) I'm really excited to have an entire year being off heroin. I would ideally like to start tapering on suboxone and maybe by the end of 2015 I can finally live my life not being dependent on any substance. Anyways congrats to everyone here who has kicked opiates because it seriously was the hardest thing I've ever done. It feel so amazing not having to worry about heroin!

So I cut my sub dose down - it was one of my NYE resolutions. I don't want to sit here doing subs all my life, if I"m going to waste money and be addicted to a drug I'd rather it be one that got me high honestly. But I don't want to be a heroin addict anymore, so I need to just cut out all drugs entirely. And I'm doing it, but today is my first day on the lower dose (1.5 mg) and I'm feeling it more than I thought I would. I just feel really really really sober/a tiny bit dopesick. I can't enjoy anything. I'm worrying a lot. And I know this is temporary but god, does it fucking suck.
Sometimes I want to use, but now I know and can talk myself through what would happen if I used. I used to just see it as nirvana - like god if I could just do some dope I'd feel so much better, and that's as far as I took it. Now I make myself go all the way through it in my brain and be HONEST. Ok I'd go score. Come back. Do the dope. I would feel relaxed and less anxious but that beautiful floaty euphoria? I haven't had that in a while, and I'm sure not going to have it with subs in my system. So then I'd do more thinking I can break through. It wouldn't work. And then I'd just start to feel like a drugged out zombie, I'd look in the mirror and see my eyes all pinned, and I'd think about how out-of-reality I am in that moment, how pathetic it is to be snorting up some brown goop that's made out of god knows what and been god knows where, just to get a little relief from anxiety (because thats all it really does if I"m honest). I'd feel how my body feels numb, and I'd think about how I got to spend the weekend with the guy I love recently but I was kicking dope and loaded up on gabapentin and subs and I feel like I didn't really connect with him how I wanted to because I was a stupid drugged out mess. And then I'd just feel super sad and be like "ok this is IT. This is the LAST time I cop".

So once I go through that in my mind, I usually really don't want to cop anymore.

Right now it's 1:21 am. I should try to go lay down and sleep, but I so want to take 2 more mg sub. Sitting here fighting with myself about it.

It all just sucks, that's all. It sucks so much. I would give almost anything to just know what it is to feel NORMAL again. I honestly don't have a clue.

Sorry to be a downer to start the new year. I'm clean of H, so that's something, right?

eta: I went to go see my ex's sister in the hospital today. She has brain cancer. It's taken her eye and part of her brain and some flaps of skin on her arms that they used to patch her up after the last surgery. she's on fentanyl and roxy and four other pain meds, steroids, cancer drugs, anti nausea drugs, anti vertigo drugs, and she's undergoing radiation. she's been in the hospital the past few days because she's so nauseated and dizzy she can't eat or drink or get up out of bed.

Despite a few minor health problems, I am, *knock on wood*, healthy. It makes me feel like nothing more than a gigantic idiotic selfish asshole to be risking my life and pissing it away doing heroin with this really cool person who deserves NONE of this is having her life siphoned away slowly bit by bit. It was a slap in the face tbh, a wake up call. I could be having a beautiful life, and I'm wasting it because I'm afraid to get off drugs and face life sober. It's time to bite the bullet and just do it.

No more subs, I'm going to bed.

Last edited:
BlueSaffron--I'm sending you a long-distance hug. I follow your story, and I know you're on a track to a healthier life, one small step at a time.

I took my last hydrocodone pill on August 9, 2014. I was taking 80mg-120mg each day for about 4 years. My liver and kidney tests all came out normal, so I avoided that potential danger. I had several withdrawals over the years, none because I chose it but because I ran out of pills. This final withdrawal was hell. The crushing fatigue lasted MONTHS, and I'm only now feeling like I have my old energy back. Another annoying, lingering problem has been a brain fog. I'm still dealing with that, but it's not as bad now.

I feel like I climbed Mt Everest with this sobriety. I survived when I didn't think I would (there were mornings when I woke up and thought, wow, I didn't die overnight!). I feel like I'm crawling and clawing my way back to health. I'm optimistic for the New Year in a way I haven't been since...well, I can't remember when.

congrats wanting! 80-100 mg is a pretty big habit IMO, I can imagine how bad the WD was.

I feel a little better today. Some sleep helped, and honestly just reading the first sentence of your post helped too :) Ty for the long distance hug, and I'm sending you one back - you've done fabulous, you should be proud :)

Glad to hear it man, hope to carry on seeing you posting here:)

Sounds like you've been going through a shitty time dude, keep strong and don't keep the shitty stuff to yourself.

Outstanding!!! I am sure that you are very proud of yourself.... you should be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.