Site Feedback Why is Bluelight ashamed of the Lounge yet not ashamed of The Shrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're inevitable when drugs are legal or illegal. Hell, they're inevitable in prison. People are fucking idiots and kill themselves accidentally or by choice, with drugs or whatever else.

Those same losers are also moderators. That's the point. Who is held responsible for the hypocrisy that exists when The Shrine is filled up with staff?

Damn Arci you are a butt rattled this am! What has your panties in a bunch bb?

Cats by 5

Grow the fuck up. It has been explained to you that this is a 'short gap measure'. The Lounge is not for everyone's liking - should Bluelight have an 'Enter at own risk' policy on a sub forum (I personally don't think so). Am I going to get my hairy ass hairs in a plait because of this - NO. At the moment (and as already explained) until the powers at B can come up with a better strategy IF you want to access the lounge - click to apply.

Is this so much of a hardship?

Please do not link the deaths of the people in EADD with this. (Just don't)

*Edit* Just saying, I have applied and I will be pretty fucked off if I don't get accepted :D (I love seeing how many times faggot can be used in one post)
What upsets you more bearlove's, being called a faggot in jest or losing half a dozen or more friends to drug misadventures this year?

I get called all manner of names but it still doesn't send shivers down my spine quite like knowing that I might have saved someone who told me every day they were experimenting with untested research chemicals sourced from the Internet.

Ignoring the rising toll of members seems to be forum policy because it might interfere with sponsorship money

First they came for the lounge and I remained silent. European drug discussion is next.

I think the shrine is one of the most important features of the site. It shows everyone how deadly serious this shit is. Sweeping our loses under the rug is the worst thing we could do for harm reduction.

In all honesty it would be more effective if every member who died was changed to deceased member and their avatar made a skull and crossbones.

Sure it is distasteful but it would make you think twice as you trawled the mdpv thread and saw 10 dead members waxing lyrical about how cool it is

I mean a lot of times it comes down to the anonomouys factor giving people no boundaries.

Everyone on a youtube comment is roger ebert.

Id like to have seen some Bluelighters interviewed for the "Neurons to Nirvana" documentary and shoot off "interwebz" and "fag losers".

Naw, they'd all be rifling through notecards.

some thoughts follow. i scanned the thread and thought that some of these comments merited a response. if i didn't address your comment or answer your question i likely didn't see it, felt your tone was undeserving of a response or i simply don't like you. you might be on ignore - i have 3 bluelighters on ignore but i'm pretty sure none of them have posted in this thread yet :)
Serious question. If we are worried about our public appearance why do we still highlight the deaths of our members?
one person's "highlighting death" is another's "respectful remembrance".
Is it not a failure of the Harm reduction ethos for moderators to overdose while handing out advice to members?
not necessarily - it depends on the advice they are handing out. do what i say and not what i do? maybe. is it hypocritical for people to advise one thing and do the other? sure it is but, at the end of the day, the responsibility for action resides with the individual. if there was an example of a moderator hypocritically advising safety but behaving recklessly, we'd look at that on a case by case basis. but sometimes it's a 'boiling frog' and we're not aware of it until it's too late.

as you probably know, we've done a lot of work on the mod 'hiring' process since we started and i think we're better at flagging this kind of stuff now than we were before. could we do better? probably.
What is more unsavory, someone being called a bad name, or someone dying from drugs?
they're both problematic to different extents.
Is there any process in place to correlate and track the reasons for each member ending up in the Shrine.
no.
Surely in the name of public health and safety we should feel some responsibility for peoples unfortunate demise when we are often inadvertently promoting the causes of these deaths?
that we are "often inadvertently promoting the causes of these deaths" is a matter of opinion.
Are there any checks on who moderates and decides the direction of HR advice given...
that's a function of the community.
...and if there are an increase in deaths or misadventure from a particular substance, why do we still in good conscience continue to promote it's use?
that this is happening is a matter of opinion.
It is evident that not everyone is going to like certain things on here, but as long as it's not causing people to kill themselves and od on drugs I really don't see the problem.
that you don't see a problem doesn't mean there's not a problem.
Got to lol at the loungers who donated. That's exactly why I didn't donate.
because one should only donate if one gets something of equal or greater value in return, right?

seriously, the level of entitlement on display here is pretty impressive.
Knew this was coming.
it's awful easy to say you knew what was going to happen after it's happened.
What about the rejects! Shouldn't we have a place of our own?
Right now, I proposing the idea of a new forum for us who didn't make the cut!
there's nothing stopping you from doing this already so why haven't you done it? it happens a lot - disgruntled users get bent out of shape when a toy is taken away from them and so they go off in a huff and start the next bluelight and then they all turn into the kind of mod nazis they claimed they hate so much here and the thing implodes under the weight of its own fail after about six weeks. yes, there are exceptions but even those have their issues. the fact (i.e. my opinion :) ) is that the reason those people, in part, come back and the reason bluelight has survived and thrived so long is that it is managed well, given the challenges.

it's much easier to moan about the darkness than it is to change a lightbulb...
...who should be held responsible when the senior staff fail its members?
while you're blaming me for deaths across the board, do i get to hang deaths like tally and melange on you? in what way are you responsible for the deaths of lounge regulars when you were a lounge staffer?
It is strange that there's no suggestion box. So many bluelighters are talking about the importance of community, yet no place for feedback....
what's even odder is that you are giving us feedback in the forum that's for feedback while complaining there's no way to give feedback.
Has the lounge resulted in any suicide?
maybe. maybe not. but the lounge has certainly seen more than its fair share of deaths of high-profile members in the last, even, two or three years. and the lounge is a forum where drug talk is explicitly forbidden. something don't add up.
God knows European DD has caused a hell of a lot more direct deaths in the past 12-18 months but we don't hear anyone wanting to restrict it's members.
"has caused"? sure eadd has seen some deaths too but can you support the claim that they have been caused by the forum? post hoc ergo propter hoc?
Before i donate anymore money , fix the lounge so i can see my post's. If not.. Man RIP DM,lonewolf,keaton i'm outies. Thought i'd be better then this.
I gota get shit approved in the lounge before i can say rest in peace to you guys.

U know where u fucked up admins, fuck u. I miss my friends; i cant say RIP Tim,without it being approved. If you dont fix it, where i can post regularly. Then i'm out.
You just lost a valued bluelighter,
Bye
Drew
valued. lol. bye.
I am simply asking why the Shrine is not a secret subforum, yet no one has answered me.
it's not secret because it's a public place of remembrance.
Is this so much of a hardship?
amen. again, there's a sense of entitlement on display here that only a ny yankees fan could possibly understand :)
Droppers I don't think you realize how stupid you actually are, and that the majorty of lounge posters think you're a douchebag
agreed.
Who is held responsible for the hypocrisy that exists when The Shrine is filled up with staff?
filled up with? when you have to exaggerate to make your point you're conceding already. there are about 160 threads in the shrine and by my (swift, unscientific) count, 14 of them are for people who were at any time bluelight staffers. that's less than 10%.

but you've made it pretty clear that all deaths on bluelight are my fault (along with the other admins and smods). anybody else?

any bluelighter death is a tragedy and i take it hard every time i read of another. your pointing the finger right at me and telling me they're all my fault is hard to read but i understand why you say it.

there's no way of knowing how many deaths have been caused by somebody being exposed to bluelight and there's no way to know how many of those could have been prevented and how many would have happened anyway. i'll be the first to admit that, with some names, there's a sickening sense of inevitability about it when the news comes.

there's also no way to know how many lives have been saved by people finding bluelight and learning how to try a new drug safely and maybe, in some cases, to not try it at all. or not yet. that's the work i'd like to focus on.

as i write this, there are 3185 active members on the site. 84 bluelighters (of whom about 13 are lounge regulars) and 3101 guests. let's try to maintain a little perspective?

happy holidays.

alasdair

Last edited:
^lol. I was just shooting for a poll. I had no idea support was for suggestions. Not to say im pro taco forum.

I had no idea support was for suggestions.
support.jpg

alasdair

I like how I was able to hone my IV crack harm reduction techniques by finding BL 13-14 yrs ago. Now it's like BL is getting clean (trying to, it will never happen) and turning into that stereotypical freshly clean fuck face that you feel like spitting in his face followed by a punch to the gut and a knee to the nose.

I'm actually voting for The Taco Forum

If your a VIP with a membership in The Lounge, you don't get access to The Taco Forum.

I'm voting for ParappaTheRapper as the one & only moderator of The Taco Forum.

That's my vote!

Respectfully request permission to commence a poll for this thread sir/mam!

A poll for one of the newest, hottest & freshest forums! Look Ahead! That's our slogan!

I like how I was able to hone my IV crack harm reduction techniques by finding BL 13-14 yrs ago. Now it's like BL is getting clean (trying to, it will never happen) and turning into that stereotypical freshly clean fuck face that you feel like spitting in his face followed by a punch to the gut and a knee to the nose.
I went through a period where I felt the same way. I even made a bitchy blog post about it you can find. But then I took a deep breath and realized change is life. I have accounts on 4 differant boards and this is still by far the best and most stable. Ali is right it's good management plain and simple. Plus there are still some seedy parts of bluelight just gotta know where to look.

Hahaha alas dairy said drug talk in the longe is forbidden...

As if that was a rule people gave a shit. Pretty sure even the mods talk about drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.