View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

New dissociative RCs, Ephenidine, 2-Chloro-Ephenidine and 2-MeO-Ephenidine

roi

Bluelighter
A bunch of novel psychoactive substances related to Diphenidine!

Ephenidine, N-Ethyl-1,2diphenylethylamine

kuJj4Ck.png

2-Chloro-Ephenidine, 2-(2-Chlorophenyl)-N-ethyl-1-phenylethylamine

WdixxgJ.png

2-MeO-Ephenidine, 2-(2-Methoxyphenyl)-N-ethyl-1-phenylethylamine

J29excf.png

I guess we can make 3 threads out of this in the future, but for now this will do the trick as well :)

Mod note: This is a very novel substance and this thread is intended to be a resource for those researching this. Please avoid social chatter and posts simply exclaiming that you have some, want some or have seen it for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone care to speculate on how these structural changes will affect the experience? Will they be similar to diphenidine or it's 2-MeO counterpart?

Yes, but ephenidine is distinctly dissociative in subjective effect, and very enjoyable at that.

I have only tried methoxphenidine once and ephenidine once so I can't really compare them to each other but ephenidine felt like it had all the positive qualities of MXE but with less confusion.

Yes, but ephenidine is distinctly dissociative in subjective effect, and very enjoyable at that.

I have only tried methoxphenidine once and ephenidine once so I can't really compare them to each other but ephenidine felt like it had all the positive qualities of MXE but with less confusion.
I've used methoxphenidine enough to guess at diphenidine's effects, as well as MXE, MXM, and ketamine (and others I don't imagine are relevant to what I'm asking). When you say "positive qualities of MXE" are you referring to its ketamine-like anesthetic edge, mania inducement, or both? I found MXP pleasant but less direct in effect than all the aforementioned. Did it feel like a "phenidine" or was it more like listening to helicopters through tin cans at the bottom of an oil ocean in a Styrofoam coffin ... you know, classic nitrous/K-spectrum dissociation?

I didn't take a very high dose, which gave a mild dissociation, the kind that would make you question whether it was "dissociation" at all if you didn't know where higher doses lead.

19:20 - 52mg orally dissolved in vodka. Empty stomach. No tolerance or other drugs consumed. In GFs flat for a quiet evening
20:05 - laggy eyes? Not otherwise that noticeable
20:10 - we eat the quesadilla we have cooked and they are utterly delicious.
20:20 - Definitely something now, laggy eyes and feel quite pleasant
20:33 - Pleasant mood lift and slight dissociation. Similar to 20mg MXE but not confusing
20:36 - I feel very cheerfu. Surely there is some reuptake inhibition here. I feel enthuastic and optimistic about everything
20:53 - We sit in bed and internet for a bit. Seems to have stopped getting stronger now and is at a lovely level.
21:23 - we watch archer and it seems to go quickly. I have no problem following the plot.
21:29 - I still feel very lucid and almost as if it is getting less intense. We decide we will watch a film
21:45 - the cheer is lessened
22:58 - It does appear to have subsided a fair bit
23:37 - I get up to go to the loo and feel close to sober. About equivalent to the intensity at 20:05
00:00 - I have no problem sleeping and rather oversleep, as usual when I don't set an alarm.
09:00 - I get up and feel fine

Overall I found it very pleasant. A lot like MXE but it didn't seem to have the confusion that I would expect, instead just being a very generic feeling, like someone who had never done "drugs" might expect them to make you feel.

These possibly have some stimulant, mild opioid and MAOI effects in addition to the dissociation. I'd bet the seizure risk is higher than diphenidine.

These possibly have some stimulant, mild opioid and MAOI effects in addition to the dissociation. I'd bet the seizure risk is higher than diphenidine.

What makes you suppose that? I'd expect it to have some dopaminergic and/or serotonergic activity like most PCP analogues, though analogous to PCP -> PCE I'd expect the "Ephenidine" series to be less stimulating if the SAR carries over, and based on some limited research and info I was able to dig up it seems it's not too far off.

Why opioid and/or MAOI effects though, what makes you think they'd have those? I feel like if anything the Diphenidine series would be the more likely of the two to have mu-opioid affinity, being closer to MT-45 and the like, and even with those there's definitely not enough of it to noticeably affect the high much/at all.

All I know is a few people I know have tried these, Ephenidine itself generally went down well with most of them. I'm a little confused as to whether they're selling 2-MeO-Ephenidine or 3-MeO as the IUPAC would suggest the latter.. As for 2-Chloro I know what I heard about it sounded great to me but one person seemed to find it very weak compared to Ephenidine itself iirc.

Unfortunately although I was able to get my hands on some of either 2 of or all 3 of these (not sure based on that IUPAC oddity) I wasn't able to try them before I had a big stash emptying. So I can't report anything myself, but I imagine some people who are less keen on the super lucid PCP-like dissociatives might have been put off by Diphenidine (and maybe Methoxphenidine) - imo these sound like they should be closer to the likes of MXE, Ketamine etc, though still probably a sight more clearheaded based on what I was told.

Last edited:
I wonder why they didn't make 3-MeO-Diphedine. It's supposedly the most potent of these analogues.

What makes you suppose that?

They're essentially analogues of lefetamine which has those properties. Although seizure activity was apparently related to one stereoisomer so it may depend. The modifications might change those properties of course.

These are actually not entitely new as ephenidine was previously found in Germany in 2008. Think it was called NEDPA at that point.

They're essentially analogues of lefetamine which has those properties. Although seizure activity was apparently related to one stereoisomer so it may depend. The modifications might change those properties of course.

These are actually not entitely new as ephenidine was previously found in Germany in 2008. Think it was called NEDPA at that point.

The tertiary amine should significantly alter effects when compared to the N-Ethyl, I was actually expecting Diphenidine and it's analogue to be closer to Lefetamine than I would think this one would be. That tertiary amine seems to be important for any sort of opioid effects with all the similarly structured substances I've seen.

As for stimulant effects, Lefetamine was already pretty weak in that regard and I didn't hear of much stimulation with these from the people I spoke to who tried them, but I wouldn't rule it out and I'd doubt they'd be completely devoid of serotonergic and/or dopaminergic activity, since few dissociatives ever are.

Excuse me but wouldn't it be a slight coincidence if the effective dosage range for dissociative effects would be the same effective dosage range for opioid effects? Even if that is possible a la MT-45 unless I am mistaken.
Seems like something to keep in mind even if some of these structures have multi action potential...

Also does arylcyclohexylamine SAR carry over enough to make these ephenidines seem a bit more like the PCE's as opposed to all the piperidine substances? FWIW I found 3-MeO-PCE to be the most cheerful / manic dissociative I have tried yet, coincidence that that would be in line with the above report?

Last edited:
Limited experiments with these were positive, but I didn't have enough material/my tolerance was too high to be able to say much of use. FWIW, I recall Ephenidine feeling like the most potent of the three, but I thought the Chlorophenyl had a 'warmer'/fuzzier quality to it than the other two. Again, this is very, very tenuous and subjective, and it was a while ago. I distinctly remember all of them having less of a stimmy mania to them than Diphenidine does - I personally enjoy the 'manic' quality of Diphenidine/PCP analogues but mileage on that varies dramatically.

I'll no doubt be back with some TRs when they become available.

I really liked Ephenidine at 80-120mg - euphoric, introspective trip, a little stimulation on the come up. There's a certain magic to it, similar to some people describe MXE (which I didn't really like personally, 3-MeO-PCP is more enjoyable).

There seems to be a acute tolerance similar to diphenidine, redosing or taking it multiple days in a row comes with reduced effects.

The "afterglow", similar to other dissociatives, lasts 1-2 weeks.

2-Chloro-Ephenidine is less potent, I needed around 150mg, the trip itself is maybe a little more recreational compared to Ephenidine.

I really liked Ephenidine at 80-120mg - euphoric, introspective trip, a little stimulation on the come up. There's a certain magic to it, similar to some people describe MXE (which I didn't really like personally, 3-MeO-PCP is more enjoyable).

There seems to be a acute tolerance similar to diphenidine, redosing or taking it multiple days in a row comes with reduced effects.

The "afterglow", similar to other dissociatives, lasts 1-2 weeks.

2-Chloro-Ephenidine is less potent, I needed around 150mg, the trip itself is maybe a little more recreational compared to Ephenidine.

Useful info, any recommendations on ROA? I'm guessing oral?

I tried this last night at 67mg oral with no tolerance and found it to be very mild but very pleasant. The low dose leaves me with little to report but it was a subtle and functional dissociative high with a nice mood lift and floatiness to it. I would probably start around 80-90mg with this compound for something a bit more obvious.

We dosed at 2000 and I was able to sleep fine at 0130, I think the duration is probably about 6 hours and this doesn't prevent sleep much at this dose, but it is also not sedating.

Last edited:
Tried 1g of Ephenidine and 500mg of 2-Chloro-Ephenidine back in February. If I had to sum these up in 2 words it would be..

LOCAL ANESTHETIC

I tried Ephenidine a while ago but my notes weren't very useful. It was very cautious doses to establish threshold and sensitivity. Here's my impressions of it at 'recreational' doses.
Preliminary notes: High dissociative tolerance. From what I've read of other reports, a rough 'effective' dose of Ephenidine is somewhere around 100mg. My long-term tolerance from historic abuse of ACHs means my doses are higher than usual. Please bear this in mind for your own wellbeing <3

160mg Ephenidine, Oral

+20m No noticeable effects yet

+40m Some relaxation? Possible first alert

+1h A general feeling of wellbeing seems to be approaching, some stimulation (feel more motivated than I did an hour ago). I heard someone else describe a ‘creamy’ texture to Ephenidine, and I think I know what they meant by it. It’s as though my conscious experience is somehow ‘smoother.’ Breathing seems to have relaxed slightly, background anxiety has softened.

+1h 10m Whenever I take Diphenidine one of the earliest signs of onset for me is a faint smell of toast. I can smell something a little like this on Ephenidine too.

+1h 30m Some heart rate elevation, nothing drastic, just noted.

+2h Overall feeling is relaxed, slightly disco-ordinated, mildly stimulated, thoughts quietened, everything seems a little ‘slow.’ Quite a warm sensation, some tingles.

+2h Decide to take another 150mg, oral.

+2h 20 Heart rate elevated some more, noticeable stimulation. Loss of appetite (both food and sexual), familiar from Diphenidine.

+3h Decide to go for a walk. Walking is floaty and slightly wobbly, but public interaction not significantly impaired. Everything feels like it’s coated in wool, thoughts still quietened and detached, am able to engage with an emotional situation that happens non-judgementally.

+4h Some clear similarities to diphenidine but perhaps less ‘challenging.’ Much less manic, but still stimulating. Occasional mis-matched feeling of clear-headedness and disco-ordination, but not in an unpleasant way, everything is caked in a kind of soft warm glow.

Conclusions: Not sure if I’d choose this over Diphenidine, but I think they fill different roles. Diphenidine is more manic, more unpredictable, and makes itself known in a very distinct way. Ephenidine is comparatively floatier, more subtle and less defined, but quite warm and cosy in a way that Diphenidine is not.