MAPS If MDMA Were Schedule III How Would The Diagnosis and Symptoms Be Structured?

D

DirtyProjector

When people go into get a medical cannabis card its what, headaches, insomnia, glaucoma stuff like that right? Well, if a doctor was diagnosing you to perscribe MDMA what would the symptoms be?

It really depends on what it was prescribed for. MDMA has been proposed to treat PTSD and social anxiety, or as an adjunct to psychotherapy.

(Finding a dose level / additional neuroprotectant that avoids neurotoxicity would probably be a primary goal)

The symptoms would be those you'd look for when assessing clinical significance of relevant psychopathology (right now just PTSD...social anxiety is a tougher one, as it takes a lot of therapeutic work to 'take back' something useful from the MDMA experience back to sober life, though said social anxiety will nearly certainly evaporate during the experience).

ebola

It really depends on what it was prescribed for. MDMA has been proposed to treat PTSD and social anxiety, or as an adjunct to psychotherapy.

(Finding a dose level / additional neuroprotectant that avoids neurotoxicity would probably be a primary goal)

What neuroprotectants do you propose?

Hey.
Me and all my buddies had luck with 5-htp afterwards. Also, omega-3 fish oil is really good. I mean, not just for the MDMA, for anything really. It's really multi-faceted.

MDMA is primarily a de facto recreational drug and, as such, should belong to no schedule in my opinion.

MDMA is primarily a de facto recreational drug and, as such, should belong to no schedule in my opinion.

This is what MAPS is trying to change - seeing powerful chemicals such as MDMA as tools for making changes and improvements, rather than thinking it's "just a drug". It's not.

MDMA can help treat ptsd, ocd, depresion and some other things. It will not be used for medical purposes anytime soon.

It will not be used for medical purposes anytime soon.

There are currently multiple countries running comparatively (preliminarily successful) clinical trials, for various disorders. Why do you think this?

ebola

The fact that clinical trials are running means that it will be used soon. I know it would cure me of anger and depression, not that I have any major issues

In all likelihood MDMA won't be sold at dispensaries etc like cannabis has. The model now is to give patients MDMA in a controlled setting with a therapist no more than a handful of times in a year. And there is a significant amount of pre & post work with the therapists, not really a "take two & call me in the morning" type situation.