• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin is this black tar or meth.. or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine0430

Greenlighter
I am trying to pinpoint what drug a family member is using, she lies, steals and disappears.. I saw dark powder on her nose, brown black earlier this year, since then I believe it's being smoked, she's euphoric, high energy, weight loss, no appetite, constricted pupils approximately 2 - 2.5 mm in regular lit in door room , pink sclera, mood swings, mostly can't sit, always doing something, ie. Dishes cleaning etc. She goes to another room alot, and I saw she forgot to close the window, which makes me think with her having a new boyfriend who lacks hygiene as well as teeth she's now escalated to smoking it. His voice sounds like he ate a frog, hoarse, rough, her voice in now changing as well, deeper and being hoarse as well.. any ideas, I thought black tar heroin, but that's a downer, next thought was meth but that's causes dilation.. advise??

It's hard, if not impossible to tell from a description of the effects on another person. It might not even be heroin causing the small pupils & change in the voice, could be other opiates or something else entirely. Doesn't really matter what it is, she's got a problem if she's stealing & disappearing.

dude she could be smoking pills or dope or meth... i know when i was smoking pills i would always get black shit from the foil all over my face and clothes... and smoking will mess with you voice and it would give me an energy buzz and mess with my pupils

but you could always ask her in a non condesending dickish way... also as far as i kno you cant snort blk tar but i only do #4 powder

sounds like tar to me, that's what i used to smoke, gave me energy til the nod set in. she could be mixing it with uppers too

yea i was jus sayin when you smoke what ever, aside from weed n rocks, its usually on foil which is real easy to get all over yourself... like id smoke get some on hands n itch my nose n get it all on my face, which sounds like what happened here

yeah, sounds like black tar heroin. can be liquidfied and snorted (ive mixed dope and water, and insufflated it via an eyedrops container for an example) You can smoke this on bits of aluminum foil with the lighter underneath and catching the smoke with a straw. after smoking the discarded aluminum foil has a soot covered underside and on top youll see dark burnt lines. make sure you approach the subject in question with the intent of HELPING, not HURTING

Yup. it was everywhere.. the black stuff. my nose was constantly itching.
i would check for foil and black marks around on clothes, bedding… the nose.. dark brown spots, globs on the ground. or sealed tight containers - pill bottles for the powder. i used to use both. maybe she is not injecting yet.
... and indeed come from a place of helping. i wasn't done til i was done, but you can let her know you are aware, you care and love her.
btw. the voice change is probably smoking it…

Last edited:
I think the biggest possibility is heroin,the description fis perfectly
although
i wouldnt be suprised if she/they used meth too,and maybe even other drugs as well.

People who abuse substances usually abuse more than one,and its common to use heroin to slow down from meth or vice versa..

Probably heroin. Does she have ADD? Downers have a reverse effect in people with ADD

impossible to tell you over the internet, I appreciate your concern, but Other Drugs isn't really the proper place to ask this question.

Still, it does sound like heroin or some other opiate given her pupil size, and a common misconception about heroin is that it must always make the user tired, which is a myth... Many people (myself included) get alot of energy from the mood lift the drug gives you, maybe not the twitchy/sporadic movements of meth, but still a sense of excitement nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.