• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I get Weird When I'm not High.

R2o

Bluelighter
I drink too much most of the time. I lost my pot just now walking around and was told by a local bar tender that I'm weird. Booooo... And yeah... I guess I am weird because I have Amblyopia. I drink more than is healthy and Yeah... I lost my budz but got damn, I've been off of subz now for 10 months now, and its hard for me to keep my self in line. what can I do to not be so weird????... or crave drugs so hard????

What's weird? What's normal? What's onomatopoeia? What's at the deepest depth of the ocean?

If you were on sub for an extended period of time you can have residual mental and physical withdrawal symptoms for up to 18 months...i believe its called post acute withdrawal. And if you are like me you use alcohol(and plenty of other drugs) to self medicate an underlying mental health issue.
its a tough road but there are options. I had no choice but to seek "professional" help...is it perfect?? nope. better?? yes. The more i put into the process the more i get out.
The best thing you could do is be honest(super important for me) with the people around you and reach out for help. The obsession to drink is the biggest enigma in my life. I quit drinking 3 years ago but i couldnt stop thinking about it for a little over a year! But 3 years on its good...prob better than if i kept schwillin! I still smoke and am open to the occasional hallucinogen...but the booze and the needle had to go away...it has been a challenge. but if you fall down just get back up... If you really want to change something you can. Just takes some time and some effort. ..just gotta ask yourself "do i want to be done?" and you will know what is "normal" for you.

I get wired when I'm not high & when I'm high. Is this normal?

I get wired when I'm not high & when I'm high. Is this normal?

it's called addiction, but i think you knew that already. see a medical professional, and check in here regularly, there are lots of us here.

hope you feel better soon.

Think you just nailed something I 've been experiencing long time keeping. Is this the cause of that nagging feeling.

Can we get off by just quitting? I always assumed I got high because it besides being fun was at least more tolerable then the just feeling wired thing.

And to R20 no your not that weird, at least not compared to me. Just joking there but no what does a bartender know. Just quitted kratom some weeks ago so keep it up. Have a drink (once in a while it's not that good) like I am doing now and have some thoughts about live and share them with us.

Last edited: