• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Any Bupe patients get Lyrica ?

EarthBounded

Bluelighter
Hey all I am on 12mg subs/day and am just finishing I.O.P. My doctor won't give me Lyrica just Gabapentin. The problem is I had an ACL reconstruction 6 months ago and my whole knee is in pain and numb, I really want to try Lyrica however because I am an addict the doc won't give it to me. Does anyone get Lyrica that is on bupe?

I'm sure there are buprenorphine patients prescribed pregabalin since it's not a narcotic. But it can be hard to get scripted in general in my experience and some doctors don't script to addicts because of potentiation.

That being said, I don't know how far this thread can go... sure, people can say they're on both meds. But that's all they can say, we don't allow questions on how to get scripted medications. And this isn't even really a HR question.

Leaving it open because so far there's no rules broken but I'll be watching this thread.

Edit: to keep discussion going, you could ask for suggestions on non-narcotic medication for pain while on bupe... HR and I'm sure you wouldn't be the only person wondering. Just remember that ultimately it will be up to the discretion of your doc whether to write something or not.

Gabapentin actually does have a good synerygy with Subs, especially if ya add benzo's in their also. But I swear this is what pisses me off about sub doctors not scripting stuff that people need cuz it's scheduled, I have a problem with opiates, benzo's or Gaba drugs(besides booze) make me feel like I'm not jumping outta my skin and worrying about everything and able to talk to people normally...anyway. sorry my post was no help.

when i was prescribed suboxone, i was prescribed 200mg 3x a day of lyrica, along with vyvanse and valium and promethazine.

i told my doctor i had fibromyalgia, and i guess she somehow believed me? well i went to 3 different doctors within the span of 15months. the first doctor automatically gave it to me because i went to a rehab/detox to get stabilized on suboxone (what a joke) and lied and told them i was on lyrica. so right out of rehab i had lyrica prescribed. except lyrica is a mother fucker when it comes to cost. it is very expensive.

the only reason why i got lyrica was so that i could get high. but it is VERY useful for anxiety and sleep and WD pains IME. it is much more therapeutic to me when it comes to anxiolytic effects compared to benzos, and i never experienced withdrawals from pregabalin, while some people get very bad withdrawals. i wish i would have used my suboxone and prescriptions responsibly, but i was just not ready to stop getting high at that point in time. i was injecting my suboxone (~2mgs per day), along with cocaine, meth, and dilaudid, all the while abusing the other scripts i had.

i dont think the question is whether or not that lyrica can trigger cravings for full agonist opiates, i think the real question is whether or not you truly want to stop getting high and live a better life. if you dont want to stop getting high, suboxone will not stop you, and infact many sub and methadone patients ended up getting cross addicted to marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, meth, benzos, ect... for me suboxone was a very efficient and cheap (with insurance) and hassle free way of staying under the influence of opiates 24/7. while buprenorphine is not euphoric on its on, i found i was still able to get very fucked up when i combined suboxone with other drugs.

some other people on this forum can contest to how i was not stable on suboxone and it was not the right choice for me. buprenorphine "worked" for a while for me, i was able to live a somewhat more normal life and somewhat was able to keep my shit together...and i use the word "somewhat" very loosely because i felt like i was keeping my shit together but people around me could see me spiraling down. i was always cross addicted and i was always a polysubstance abuser from the beginning of my drug use, one drug just wasnt enough. so of course when i decided to stop using heroin and oxycodone, it was very hard for me to stop smoking weed (which was the drug that caused the 2nd most psycohological addictiveness for me just behind opiates) i just loved weed when i combined it with subs, benzos, amphetamines, lyrica, cocaine, and dxm. i would either take bupre + amphetamines OR cocaine OR dxm + klonopin + lyrica and the combo wasnt completed without the weed.

so eventually i got arrested for marijuana, my sub doc found of that i was smoking weed and stopped seeing me and i got kicked out of my college dorm from being arrested 2 times in 2 weeks for poss of mj. next thing i know i tried injecting drugs for the first time so that i could use very little suboxone to keep me out of WD while i searched for a new sub doctor. eventually ran out of sub and started using heroin and oxycodone again and tried IV cocaine and IV meth for the first time. then i was fed up again and wanted to stop heroin and oxy, and got back on suboxone with a new doctor. but i could not stop from doing IV cocaine and IV methamp while on sub. crazy shit happened, then i started injecting dilaudid.

within the span of 3 days, i got arrested and violated my probation, 10 hrs after being bailed out i got stopped by the police again and sent to the hospital, when i came back i found i was evicted because the apartment people found a 12x12x12 box filled to the top with dirty syringes in my apartment, and 24 hours later i was involved in an armed robbery.

there is much more to the story and i am rambling because i am high on methamphetamine and heroin, but moral of the story is STOP ABUSING OPIATES! YOU DONT NEED LYRICA EITHER. SERIOUSLY YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN THIS ROAD, ONE THING LEADS TO THE NEXT. IF YOU ARE SAYING "CHILL THE FUCK DOWN ITS JUST LYRICA" THATS WHAT I THOUGHT TOO WHEN I FIRST STARTED. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE CAUTION, AND USE YOUR SUBOXONE AS PRESCRIBED. NOT BEING ON LYRICA IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

Down at my bupe clinic,all patients that need something "extra" with the Subs,get prescribed the standard Lyrica+Seroquel combo.

I even made a similar thread a couple of weeks ago asking if that combo was effective and worth it,cause i requested some benzos from the doc but he said they were too addictive and only those 2(Lyrica and/or Seroquel) are recommended.

Many ppl at the clinic as well as in my thread said that Lyrica helps,but imo you have to research what it has to offer,and see if you actually need it.
From what i can tell,it differs alot from your traditional benzo..