• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos WARNING! Etizolam now shows up in all drug tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stotched

Bluelighter
I was at my suboxone clinic today, and they said my levels were very high for benzos. I asked which one, and they said Etizolam. They have never tested me positive before, and I've been taking 6mg per day for a year now at this clinic. I've been going once a month for years, and now have to go once a week. Looks like its time to face etizolam withdrawal. It showed up in big bold letters that I failed for etizolam. I have never failed before, and am just racked with anxiety right now.

So this is a warning to all folks on probation, parole, and suboxone. Do not take etizolam. They are specifically testing for it now. It is no longer a false positive for triazolam, it is a full on test for it. It shows up speicifcally as etizolam and nothing else. I feel like everything I've worked so hard for is gone now that they test for it.

Similar problem here. A friend gave me 15 valium today and I took one immediately forgetting I have a blood and urine test next Tuesday, wondering if its going to show up. I sure hope not.

I don't believe this thread should be locked. It is not a question of drug testing, I made it for the sake of harm reduction. Many people are taking etizolam with the belief it doesn't show up.. Well places are specifically testing for it now, and many folks will be going back to jail or having withdrawal due to clinics now testing for it. Cannot believe it specifically said ETIZOLAM, right on the paper.

Must have been GC/MS... that's all I can say. this should be shut down. HR is not about drug testing. You face no physical danger from the testing. Existential arguments aside, you just can't say these ?s are Harm Reduction related. I work in HR and we do not deal with testing issues - that's one problem we do not see as possible harm. Even Harm Reduction national doesn't say much, they like the DPA (and myself) dislike testing, but that's a personal thing and we can't help anyway. Always assume you'll be hot, and ask for GC/MS confirm.

Mods delete and shame me if you feel I'm out of line here. I genuinely work in HR - I go to DPA's national conferences. I hand out rigs for several hours a day and look at abscesses, help people get the meds they need (many homeless get their shit stolen regularly), we deal with teaching people how to get off right. We don't get to into their lives beyond that. So I hope what I'm saying is considered ok. But, Mods - I would shut this one down

I believe it is harm reduction as it is now being specifically tested for, and people on parole/probation/suboxone programs NEED to know that they are now being watched for it. If I get kicked out of my suboxone program, I'll be back on the streets as a stick up boy, getting more felonies, and losing my job that I worked my ASS off at to get to a $17 an hour manager position. Suboxone saved my life, and I'm going to lose it over a stupid pink pill.

HR is not only physical harm. The fact that they now test for it, will lead many in jail, or without their suboxone script and back on the streets. I feel this needs to get out there, as it is not specifically asking a question, and breaking any rules and IS in fact HR. If you don't think stopping people who are on parole or probation from going back to jail is HR, I don't know what is.

OP instead of making such an alarmist title why not just say 'Etizolam is being tested for at my suboxone clinic' as to not make people (who obviously have anxiety to begin with) freak out because one suboxone clinic in Flagstaff, AZ is testing for Etizolam.

You can't make a blanket statement like the one in your title. As for the HR/Drug Testing debate...we shall leave that up to the mods.

^ yep.

Drug test questions aren't allowed. I'm from AussDD, so there ain't much I can do here.

I'd probably close it if it was over there. But interesting info, tad broad though....

Last edited:
I believe it is harm reduction as it is now being specifically tested for, and people on parole/probation/suboxone programs NEED to know that they are now being watched for it. If I get kicked out of my suboxone program, I'll be back on the streets as a stick up boy, getting more felonies, and losing my job that I worked my ASS off at to get to a $17 an hour manager position. Suboxone saved my life, and I'm going to lose it over a stupid pink pill.

HR is not only physical harm. The fact that they now test for it, will lead many in jail, or without their suboxone script and back on the streets. I feel this needs to get out there, as it is not specifically asking a question, and breaking any rules and IS in fact HR. If you don't think stopping people who are on parole or probation from going back to jail is HR, I don't know what is.

I believe you have an excellent point, and I had considered it, we try to work with the methadone and bupe providers to mitigate the damage by these events. But the legal system, the streets - you are correct. I will have to take this to work tomorrow and discuss. Should be a lively day at the syringe access program. Thank you for the opposing viewpoint, that's why I come here... and a lot of other things.

I thought it was well known already that Etizolam showed up as a benzo on drug test...if it didn't it would be the rage for us Sub and Methadone patients who need benzo's but can't recieve because some doctors are bitches...it really boggles my mind when someone has been on a benzo for like ten years then decides to get on Subs or Methadone and have to choose between one or the other...and I don't think it matters what benzo it is, if you take some form of a benzo, you are probly going to test positive for a benzo, it's not like opiates in that way I don't think...

^It has never popped for a benzodiazepine on any of my tests. These include both work-related & home self-test kits.

Oh well damn, maybe I'll just get some and start taking it then if it pops up have an exuse that I thought it was some herbal shit I needed for my nerves(if you meet me in person you can tell I'm a nervous guy)..I've been lucky or my doctor just doesn't care that I test positive for benzo's, or maybe it was out...but I've taken valium regualry then gone in 3 weeks later and passed, and from what I've read it can take a while to get out, and wasn't taking smallish doses either...maybe just blessed with a fast metaboalism,anyway...

I can see maintenance programs being being opposed to participants using etizolam as it presents significant dangers in the overdose department. As for probation and employment testing, don't think anyone's gonna give a flying fuck about an unscheduled drug showing up and I highly doubt it would be specifically tested for under these circumstances. It's curazzy to me that so many sub programs drug test their patients. I ain't ever heard of a single sub doc require a piss test round these parts. Shitty times shitty times. Hope everything goes we'll and ya get to stay in the program. Gawd I hate stickup kids. Fuggin bane of my existence.

i think we can close this now

drug testing disucssion/questions arent really allowed. it should not be that suprising that etizolam is being picked up on tests.... it's been being used off label for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.