• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Are these THC dosages correct for edibles?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I found these descriptions of the effects related to the mg of THC in edibles, are these accurate?

2 mg: threshold of psychoactivity for infrequent users. Very little to no impairment.

2.5 mg: most report psychoactivity equal to a glass of wine or a beer. Doses in this range are popular for social anxiety, encouraging the munchies, and focus.

5 mg: nearly all occasional users will note significant psychoactivity. Significant appetite stimulation. Mild psychoactivity, akin to two to three glasses of wine.

10 mg: Strong psychoactivity for most occasional users. Significant distraction from pain. This dose is often recommended by physicians to stem nausea from chemotherapy.

15 mg: Most occasional users report uncomfortable levels of psychoactivity at this dose. Regular users of cannabis do not.

1000 mg: the most potent edible available in California dispensaries. This is ten times the maximum THC content of the edibles permitted by law to be sold in Colorado adult-use cannabis shops.

I also found this:
5mg= 2 hits on a joint 25mg= your share of a party sized joint 35mg= an entire smokes joint 130mg= an eight 1/8th of smoked herb

Tolerance User Experience Suggested Dosage
Very Low Tolerance Beginner 0-5 mg THC
Low Tolerance Some Experience 6-10 mg THC
Medium Tolerance Experienced 11-25 mg THC
High Tolerance More Experienced 26-80 mg THC
Very High Tolerance Expert 80+ mg THC

Those numbers look good to me, but there is one obvious problem I can see. When making edibles on a large scale (commercial products), it's almost guaranteed that there is going to be a margin of error somewhere around 10%. Recipes become much more difficult with larger amounts, so you can imagine the difficulties some places are having right now.

It's going to be difficult to accurately measure anything below the 5mg range with commercial edibles. So if you are a beginner looking for these doses, heed with caution.

Oh, that´s for sure! And someone will be having a wild bad trip somewhere..

Those numbers look good to me, but there is one obvious problem I can see. When making edibles on a large scale (commercial products), it's almost guaranteed that there is going to be a margin of error somewhere around 10%. Recipes become much more difficult with larger amounts, so you can imagine the difficulties some places are having right now.

It's going to be difficult to accurately measure anything below the 5mg range with commercial edibles. So if you are a beginner looking for these doses, heed with caution.

Yes I've read about how commercial cannabis dispensaries in states where it's legalism/decriminalized sometimes have this issue where edibles will be marked as a certain mg of THC and/or CBD, and when those edibles are lab tested the mg of THC or CBD on the package is not accurate sometimes either by a little or by a lot.

I haven't used cannabis in years; but if I were going to I would use edibles as I don't like how smoke and vapor make me cough, and I don't really like smoking/vaping anything but only did on/off for years since it was easier to gauge the dosage when you smoke/vape, and edibles were not marked with the mg of THC.

I only have one experience with edible cannabis and that was when I was a teenager and ate too much or ate 3g on firecrackers I made with Cheddar cheese on crackers, and I got very high and it was not always fun since it was sedating and made me sort of comatose or I felt like I was going to be that way. It was interesting when I laid down in bed and I felt like I was floating and sort of revolving in the air above; but it was not an out of body experience. Any idea how many mg of THC would do this to someone?

At the time when I ate cannabis it was over a decade ago and I had just smoked it more than a few times and I thought that I would have to eat a lot since I had schwag or low mid-grade, and I had been smoking it for the last few days before eating it. But apparently what I did is pretty common.

Does anyone know what the effects of CBD are at mg? I've heard of people combining the two in edibles, or where people would use vaped herb that had CBD in it to cook with, and combining that with the pure THC in an edible.

Dosing cannabis in notoriously hard, especially in edible form. I don't even think of it in any precise units. Weak, and strong basically. Start small and gradually increase dosage until desired effect.

I look at the difficulty pharma companies in million dollar pill plants have trouble evenly distributing XXmg doses in pills, and don't think cannabis chefs are going to be nearly as good as clean production facilities.

^ Yep. There is a lot of work still to be done in that area for sure.

I only have one experience with edible cannabis and that was when I was a teenager and ate too much or ate 3g on firecrackers I made with Cheddar cheese on crackers, and I got very high and it was not always fun since it was sedating and made me sort of comatose or I felt like I was going to be that way. It was interesting when I laid down in bed and I felt like I was floating and sort of revolving in the air above; but it was not an out of body experience. Any idea how many mg of THC would do this to someone?
This is probably completely subjective, but I would guess this could happen to an occasional user at 30-60mg.

i like to eat 300-600 mgs of thc and nod out with electric spine.

but one glass of alcohol would turn me into a felonious alien

... obviously i have a mental oddity

you should make a chart for long burned pshyconauts going from 100-1000mg, highlighting similarities in higher doses to low-dose mushroom peaks

you should make a chart for long burned pshyconauts going from 100-1000mg, highlighting similarities in higher doses to low-dose mushroom peaks

That chart would be interesting to see.

Does anyone know the effects of higher doses of THC in the 100-1,000mg range, that would be as Mike.Vick wrote similar to moderate or high doses of mushrooms?

How psychedelic oral cannabis is for you will totally depend on tolerance. I have eaten at least 100mg on multiple occassions and never felt I was tripping out, unless I took a strong psychedelic like 2C-E. E.g. On a night out last year I consumed 2-4 drinks (can't remember exactly how many), 100mg oral THC, 125mg MDMA, and was totally functional (albeit high af). I was stimulated enough I still wanted some clonazepam on the comedown. Perhaps I should buy a ridiculous amount of oral cannabis (I can get it measured out roughly in packaged form) and see how much it takes to make me trip on weed alone.

A friend of mine's first oral cannabis experience involved an ego death and was psychedelic. Idk if she could achieve that again with her current cannabis tolerance, it certainly doesn't happen to her anymore on similar doses (~100mg THC).