• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How can I be feeling suboxone withdrawal so fast?

Stotched

Bluelighter
I recently got into a maintenance program of 8mg of suboxone a day, once in the morning. My previous habit was a bundle and a half a day of the best dope Jersey has to offer. The doctor told me to start with a half when I start feeling sick, then take another half if its not enough, as suboxone will shoot up your tolerance.

Anyway, ill wake up sick as a dog, then take my half. Ill feel relief for literally 3-4 hours max, then have to take another half. Then I need at least another quarter, and some etiz to sleep. I was told suboxone has a very long half life and I shouldn't even feel sick for at least a day after my dose. I'm freaking out because my script is not going to last, and I KNOW this is mental, this is full on sweaty, spinning head, shitting my pants withdrawal after 6 hours at the very most.

What is going on? Am I just a super fast metaboliser of subs or something?

About 2 weeks now. Been shooting dope daily for about 10 years before that though.

20mg of suboxone is typically enough to cover every opiate receptor in your brain. If that doesn't work, you might need methadone. But you aren't up to 20mg yet. So don't give up on it. Tell your doctor what's going on.

i need to inject it for it to work for my wds but don't do that u don't use nearly as much dope as me just ask the doctor to up ur dose

Hey Stotched
I had a full blown 10 yr plus habit before I finally got on the Suboxone program. They started me on 16mg (2 8mg films) a day and this held me okay but then the quality of your smack may have been stronger than what I was getting. You can go as high as 32mg on Suboxone I believe but as it has a ceiling effect (no more than that will make may difference) that's the max dose. Don't give up yet though mate, and certainly think real hard before considering moving over to methadone (it's much harded to come off in my humble opinion). My advise would be to reconsult with your dr or maybe request some other stuff to help with the other symptoms your mentioned (eg Maxalon for loose bowel bit). I also find small amounts of benzos (valium) help although most drs don't like to prescribe both, so i actually have my GP who prescribes my benzos and then my registered Pharmacotherapy Dr who deals just with my Bupe scripts.
Sounds like a nightmare man, good luck hey! ;/
MG