• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what's the deal with kratom?

dr katz

Bluelighter
I have never felt any euphoria from it. The most I took was like five, two at first and three a little later. All that happened was I wasn't tired. Is it worth going and buying some to give it another chance?

I remember buying a sample pack of 3 different strains, 5 g each. I took all five of the first strain at once. It felt pretty great, decent kinda high, but it was rather short lived. I'm not expert on it, but I'm sure some strains are more potent that others. Have you tried blue lotus? I've had more success with that then kratom, but ymmv

I remember buying a sample pack of 3 different strains, 5 g each. I took all five of the first strain at once. It felt pretty great, decent kinda high, but it was rather short lived. I'm not expert on it, but I'm sure some strains are more potent that others. Have you tried blue lotus? I've had more success with that then kratom, but ymmv
What is blue lotus

It's a flower. You can find all parts of it for sale, including various extracts, tinctures, etc. I've used the stamens, extract, and a lemonade mix made with the latter, and had alright results. Kava is kinda cool, too.

The ancient Egyptians used to let it brew in wine to create a synergistic sort of high. if I remember correctly.

What do you mean by "five", "two", and "three"? Grams? If you have no tolerance to opioids some degree of euphoria is pretty much a guarantee, otherwise your kratom is of low quality. If you do have significant tolerance to opioids then your analysis isn't surprising, as kratom is one of the weaker opioids.

I recommend you give it another shot with a different batch because for those it works well for, it's quite a nice opiate substitute that ime carries more benefits like increased focus, motivation, as well as containing many alkaloids with medicinal benefits (see below), though at the expense of less euphoria. It's quite the immune booster as well, ever since getting on kratom I've yet to get sick once. This is actually quite a common statement that I've probably heard from at least 10 different people.

Purchase another ounce from a reputable online vendor, with good reviews, and that specializes in kratom as it sounds like you just got a weak batch. Avoid purchasing from headshops as well as avoiding packaged, branded kratom. How much hydro or oxy does it take to get you high?

Known alkaloids present in Mitragyna speciosa:

NSFW:
Ajmalicine (Raubasine): Cerebrocirculant, antiaggregant, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-1), sedative, anticonvulsant, smooth muscle relaxer. Also found in Rauwolfia serpentina.

Akuammigine

Ciliaphylline: antitussive, analgesic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynantheidine: μ -opioid antagonist, also found in Yohimbe. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynoxeine: Calcium channel blocker. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynoxine A and B: Dopamine mediating anti-locomotives. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

3-dehydromitragynine

Epicatechin: Antioxidant, antiaggregant, antibacterial, antidiabetic,
antihepatitic, anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemic, antimutagenic, antiperoxidant,
antiviral, potential cancer preventative, alpha-amylase inhibitor. Also found in dark chocolate.

9-Hydroxycorynantheidine: Partial opioid agonist

7-hydroxymitragynine: Analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal; primary
psychoactive in Kratom, Roughly 2% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitraphylline: Immunostimulant, anti-leukemic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitrafoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isopteropodine: Immunostimulant

Isorhynchophylline: Immunostimulant. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isospeciofoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitraciliatine: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitragynine: Indole alkaloid. Analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal, adrenergic, antimalarial,
possible psychedelic (5-HT2A) antagonist. Roughly 66% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitragynine oxindole B. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitrafoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitraphylline: Oxindole alkaloid. Vasodilator, antihypertensive, muscle relaxer, diuretic, antiamnesic, anti-leukemic, possible immunostimulant. <1% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Mitraversine

Paynantheine: Indole alkaloid. Smooth muscle relaxer. 8.6% to 9% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Rhynchophylline: Vasodilator, antihypertensive, calcium channel blocker,
antiaggregant, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anti-arrhythmic, antithelmintic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Speciociliatine: Weak opioid agonist. 0.8% to 1% of total alkaloid content of Kratom leaf, unique to Kratom.

Speciofoline

Speciogynine: Smooth muscle relaxer. 6.6% to 7% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Speciophylline: Indole alkaloid. Anti-leukemic. <1% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Stipulatine

Tetrahydroalstonine: Hypoglycemic, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-2)

Last edited:
It's a flower. You can find all parts of it for sale, including various extracts, tinctures, etc. I've used the stamens, extract, and a lemonade mix made with the latter, and had alright results. Kava is kinda cool, too.

The ancient Egyptians used to let it brew in wine to create a synergistic sort of high. if I remember correctly.
Awesome I'll have to keep an eye out for it :)

What do you mean by "five", "two", and "three"? Grams? If you have no tolerance to opioids some degree of euphoria is pretty much a guarantee, otherwise your kratom is of low quality. If you do have significant tolerance to opioids then your analysis isn't surprising, as kratom is one of the weaker opioids.

I recommend you give it another shot with a different batch because for those it works well for, it's quite a nice opiate substitute that ime carries more benefits like increased focus, motivation, as well as containing many alkaloids with medicinal benefits (see below), though at the expense of less euphoria. It's quite the immune booster as well, ever since getting on kratom I've yet to get sick once. This is actually quite a common statement that I've probably heard from at least 10 different people.

Purchase another ounce from a reputable online vendor, with good reviews, and that specializes in kratom as it sounds like you just got a weak batch. Avoid purchasing from headshops as well as avoiding packaged, branded kratom. How much hydro or oxy does it take to get you high?

Known alkaloids present in Mitragyna speciosa:

NSFW:
Ajmalicine (Raubasine): Cerebrocirculant, antiaggregant, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-1), sedative, anticonvulsant, smooth muscle relaxer. Also found in Rauwolfia serpentina.

Akuammigine

Ciliaphylline: antitussive, analgesic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynantheidine: μ -opioid antagonist, also found in Yohimbe. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynoxeine: Calcium channel blocker. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Corynoxine A and B: Dopamine mediating anti-locomotives. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

3-dehydromitragynine

Epicatechin: Antioxidant, antiaggregant, antibacterial, antidiabetic,
antihepatitic, anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemic, antimutagenic, antiperoxidant,
antiviral, potential cancer preventative, alpha-amylase inhibitor. Also found in dark chocolate.

9-Hydroxycorynantheidine: Partial opioid agonist

7-hydroxymitragynine: Analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal; primary
psychoactive in Kratom, Roughly 2% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitraphylline: Immunostimulant, anti-leukemic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isomitrafoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isopteropodine: Immunostimulant

Isorhynchophylline: Immunostimulant. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Isospeciofoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitraciliatine: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitragynine: Indole alkaloid. Analgesic, antitussive, antidiarrheal, adrenergic, antimalarial,
possible psychedelic (5-HT2A) antagonist. Roughly 66% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitragynine oxindole B. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitrafoline: < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Mitraphylline: Oxindole alkaloid. Vasodilator, antihypertensive, muscle relaxer, diuretic, antiamnesic, anti-leukemic, possible immunostimulant. <1% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Mitraversine

Paynantheine: Indole alkaloid. Smooth muscle relaxer. 8.6% to 9% of total alkaloid contents in Kratom leaf.

Rhynchophylline: Vasodilator, antihypertensive, calcium channel blocker,
antiaggregant, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anti-arrhythmic, antithelmintic. < 1% of total alkaloid content found in Kratom leaf.

Speciociliatine: Weak opioid agonist. 0.8% to 1% of total alkaloid content of Kratom leaf, unique to Kratom.

Speciofoline

Speciogynine: Smooth muscle relaxer. 6.6% to 7% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Speciophylline: Indole alkaloid. Anti-leukemic. <1% of total alkaloid contents of Kratom leaf.

Stipulatine

Tetrahydroalstonine: Hypoglycemic, anti-adrenergic (at alpha-2)
I meant like five capsules. I'm not sure the mg though it was a friend's and he gave us some. I didn't have much of an opiate tolerance then but I play aroundwith H now so that's gatta count for something. Thanks for all the info this is super helpful. I was kinda hoping you'd reply because you have replyed to my other posts and always noticed your name

Being that capsules are typically only 500mgs (00 capsules that is) that would make your doses very low. Also, redosing kratom is worthless. Next time eat 10-14 capsules all at once, that should solve your problem if your kratom is good, you'll definitely get somewhere. I dab into heroin and pharmaceuticals as well, as long as your not taking these daily your tolerance should still be low enough to get a buzz.

Fwiw, capsules are weaker than eating the straight powder as your body has to break each one down individually, you can sorta help the process out by puncturing each capsule several times. Another downside to capsules, since you've gotta eat so many you'll probably get bloated. Although you ate 10 over a period of time, it's very likely you got the effects of 7 capsules tops due to tolerance, and that's a mere 3.5 grams... not much at all. At that dose I would expect little euphoria and some stimulation. Glad I could help :)

Being that capsules are typically only 500mgs (00 capsules that is) that would make your doses very low. Also, redosing kratom is worthless. Next time eat 10-14 capsules all at once, that should solve your problem if your kratom is good, you'll definitely get somewhere. I dab into heroin and pharmaceuticals as well, as long as your not taking these daily your tolerance should still be low enough to get a buzz.

Fwiw, capsules are weaker than eating the straight powder as your body has to break each one down individually, you can sorta help the process out by puncturing each capsule several times. Another downside to capsules, since you've gotta eat so many you'll probably get bloated. Although you ate 10 over a period of time, it's very likely you got the effects of 7 capsules tops due to tolerance, and that's a mere 3.5 grams... not much at all. At that dose I would expect little euphoria and some stimulation. Glad I could help :)
How bad does the powder itself taste? I'm guessing pretty bad but can you compare its taste to anything?

Tastes like bitter tea, lawn clippings? Did you burp up any flavor after eating the capsules? Tastes like that. Lol it's not pleasant but once you learn some technique you can get it down without tasting it at all, though I wouldn't expect this your first few times. Start with 4 capsules at a time... empty four capsules into a spoon, take a small swig of some sort of juice, put the kratom in your mouth, and wash it down with a big gulp of the same juice. Don't start out by trying to eat spoonfulls at a time, you'll probably choke or have trouble getting it down.

Nowadays I can eat up to 8gs in two spoonfulls, using water, and tasting nothing, It gets easier the more you do it. Make sure you don't breathe when you have the powder in your mouth, you don't swish around the powder, and that you have a small amount of liquid in your mouth before adding the kratom.

Tastes like bitter tea, lawn clippings? Did you burp up any flavor after eating the capsules? Tastes like that. Lol it's not pleasant but once you learn some technique you can get it down without tasting it at all, though I wouldn't expect this your first few times. Start with 4 capsules at a time... empty four capsules into a spoon, take a small swig of some sort of juice, put the kratom in your mouth, and wash it down with a big gulp of the same juice. Don't start out by trying to eat spoonfulls at a time, you'll probably choke or have trouble getting it down.

Nowadays I can eat up to 8gs in two spoonfulls, using water, and tasting nothing, It gets easier the more you do it. Make sure you don't breathe when you have the powder in your mouth, you don't swish around the powder, and that you have a small amount of liquid in your mouth before adding the kratom.
I've had paracetamol (I might be wrong on the name, did it When I was like 15, white TERRIBLE tasting powder we got delivered from Canada that helps concentration) we took spoon fulls to boost effects of Shrooms and ecstasy, it was so nasty it can't be worse than that but I'll definitely drink straight lemon juice to help tge taste of kratom.

My trick to eat kratom is to add a tiny bit of yoghurt/milk/similar fluid to it, just enough so it's a very thick paste you could roll balls from. I try to use as little fluid as possible to keep the total volume low. I use milky stuff because the kratom doesn't mix well with water. Then, blocking my nose, i swallow the paste balls/lumps with something yummy. For me, that's a lot more comfortable than swallowing powder. Obviously I can still taste some in my mouth after that, but it kinda reminds me of japanese matcha green tea and that i can handle :)

I just parachute it. I don't feel effects from less than ~10 grams, and my girlfriend has an even higher natural tolerance. One of my friends with an opioid tolerance has similar effects and another friend gets incredibly sick from small doses, so I don't think it's a potency issue. It's just how our brains and bodies work.

And yeah, capsules suck. Dump them out and put them into yogurt, orange juice, or rolled up in toilet paper squares like pills.

The lotus flower is even recorded being consumed as a drug in Homer's The Odyssey, see the section 'The Land of the Lotus-Eaters'.

I have experience with Kratom.

I have done the 'toss and wash' method of just eating 5 to 7 grams . It tastes horrible you want to get it down as fast as possible. I have put it into capsules which get rid of the taste .

Its not the greatest high and your tolerance goes up very quickly. I then started making abstract so that I only had to take 4 capsules to get the effect of about 10 grams of powder.

I think once the thrill of knowing its legal wears off, its not worth the effort. I went back to tramadol, which I get for my non existent dog for about ten cents a pill.

It's still very useful to me. I like that it's a plant with a long history of cultural use, and that the active chemicals are so safe. And it doesn't interact with god damn everything like tramadol does.

My trick to eat kratom is to add a tiny bit of yoghurt/milk/similar fluid to it, just enough so it's a very thick paste you could roll balls from. I try to use as little fluid as possible to keep the total volume low. I use milky stuff because the kratom doesn't mix well with water. Then, blocking my nose, i swallow the paste balls/lumps with something yummy. For me, that's a lot more comfortable than swallowing powder. Obviously I can still taste some in my mouth after that, but it kinda reminds me of japanese matcha green tea and that i can handle :)
That sounds terrible but it's something to consider

I just parachute it. I don't feel effects from less than ~10 grams, and my girlfriend has an even higher natural tolerance. One of my friends with an opioid tolerance has similar effects and another friend gets incredibly sick from small doses, so I don't think it's a potency issue. It's just how our brains and bodies work.

And yeah, capsules suck. Dump them out and put them into yogurt, orange juice, or rolled up in toilet paper squares like pills.
Parachuting hasn't failed me yet, thanks for the idea :)

I have never felt any euphoria from it. The most I took was like five, two at first and three a little later. All that happened was I wasn't tired. Is it worth going and buying some to give it another chance?

Hey what is euphoria anyway, its not a standard. The effects of Kratom are, with decent stuff, not overwelming. Not like mdma, a good dosage of GHB or a ... of a strong opiod. When dosed right, bordering the threshold of naussea, Kratom can be quite nice and make you obviously high. Invest in a measuring device (scale) and experiment some more.

Regarding the effects Kratom can be uplifting but can be just as sedating and numbing, and make you sleepy, especially in the higher dosage range. If this doesn't ocure I would seriously reevaluate your source. Or in the extreme exception on the exception your body chemistry.