• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Jaw lock and weird faces :-|

Zon

Bluelighter
I'm a pretty infrequent user of pretty much any drug but I've noticed, and also been told I really have problems of making weird faces when I take pills, even with reasonably small amounts. Also last night I tried speed for the first time and was told I the next day I really freaked my friend out with weird mouth and eye movements. My jaw is also quite sore and weak after a night like that also.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this? Maybe certain types of pill would be better or worse for me? Or something like chewing gum, does that actually help? Any suggestions at all are appreciated, I'm not too bothered by the soreness the next day but more worried that I am looking like this guy:

gum gives you something to chew on besides your tounge and cheeks, and while you're chewing the gum you can't exactly make faces like the guy in the video. some people say magnesium helps a bit, so maybe that's worth a try.
but other than that, there's not a lot you can do. everyone gets it to a certain degree, some like you or me are just more susceptible to it. so i really don't see why it's that problematic. and if you're rolling at a nice party then almost anyone will recognise that you're having a great time, approve and in the worst case ask you if you have any of those pills left ;)

Considering I tend to go a little harder than the average roller, I still have absolutely no fucking idea how you can manage to get THAT MUNTED like the dude in the video....what in the fuck lol

How about the different types of pill? I don't use regularly enough to be sure but I feel like when I take only crystals I have less of a problem, could it be that it's the anphetamines in the pills that makes me like that more than the mdma?

How about the different types of pill? I don't use regularly enough to be sure but I feel like when I take only crystals I have less of a problem, could it be that it's the anphetamines in the pills that makes me like that more than the mdma?

you should always test your stuff (or get it tested) to rule out unwanted ingredients.
at least ime mdma is a much worse offender concerning making weird faces than amphetamine.

do your mdma crystals last significantly shorter than your pills? in some areas it's not unlikely to get methylone (which again ime is better than mdma in this respect) when you buy mdma crystals.
but if you get clean pills and clean crystals, there will be no difference if you dose comparable amounts.

Just chew gum. It doesn't stop gurning but it will reduce it, as at points of high intensity you will stop chewing and gurn for a sec before chewing again. Purer MDMA generally = less gurning for me though too

gum helps and also if you take a calcium magnesium pill before rolling it we help with muscular side effects such as jaw clenching and tense faces. what works best for me is to catch myself doing it and stop myself. jaw clenching and making crazy faces is part of rolling unless you are worried about a non roller catching you all fud up.

Does anyone have any info on the magnesium thing? How long before, how much etc.? I will give it a shot.

Magnesium is said to help with tense muscles but I don't think it holds for everyone. At least for me it doesn't matter whether I take any or not. I had nights where I had virtually no clenching, but yesterday it was so tense despite drinking magnesium water that today it still hurts to talk or chew.

HAHAHA that is awesome. As everyone said that is just part of rolling. If you dont want people to see your fucked up roll face dont take mdma or avoid being in pictures.

For me it's the mix of amphetamine/speed/meth and MDMA that makes me do weird faces :) Sometimes I don't know that I'm making them, but I have to say it sometimes feels good making them, so I also make them on purpose. I don't really care how I look, and if I make other people laugh, well good for them :D

magnesium wont cure the jaw clenching it will help. you can take it with in a couple hours before or during.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gurning! =D

Hydration, food, magnesium, chewing gum, all help but you WILL gurn.

last show i was at, this girl just kept licking her lips with her mouth wide open, had bug eyes too

couldn't stop laughing, she looked so ridiculous, like a panting dog or something so i had to move elsewhere

Gum is the best advice - the problem is that you can chew like crazy all night and then end up with a sore jaw the following day. It does prevent you from chewing your gums and/or tongue which some people get. Some places sell those hard candy chuppa chups which can give your mouth something to do when your dancing.

Theres not much actual evidence that magnesium will help, some people swear by it so give it a try.

I'm not too bothered by the soreness the next day but more worried that I am looking like this guy

The thing that made this scene so appealing back then was that nobody cared that they looked like this guy, notice how nobody bats an eyelid at him. Everybody would have the camera on him now. Meh, I guess you had to be there.