• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need help with quitting Norco in a week-Please

Heather1

Greenlighter
I am on up to 8-10 10/325 Norco's a day -My husband is going away for a weekend so I was wanting to go down and to quit for good starting on the Mon before he leaves through the Friday he leaves-The Mon-Fri he will be home and I have to be able to not only function on the withdrawals but he doesn't even know I'm taking them -Then Friday afternoon he leaves till Sun -this isn't until the Mon after the holidays/Christmas and New Years-So if some one could help come up with the best/least painful sick wise plan -Like Mon take 4 a day 1 every 4 hrs -Tues take 3 and so on -Then when he leaves on Fri-Sun I can be more sick -I mean I can sleep and whine be in bed all day/night and he won't know a thing -To b peachy king by Sun when he comes home. Is this even possible?? I am new to this site and I have been searching around trying to find some good info but I'm having trouble-Also if someone can tell me a good way to search for the answers I'm looking for that r allready in this site-I hope this is making sense -Please Help!

If i were in your situation, i would cut my dose in half for one week and jump off from there. W/D's shouldn't be too horrible at that dose. Good luck Heather1.

Is it possible? Yes of course.

Will it be easy? I wouldn't have thought so.

Would I advise trying to get through a detox whilst hiding it from a close loved one? Absolutely not.

No matter. What I say here is unlikely to change your course of action but I would really advise not trying to detox whilst keeping it secret. It adds an extra pressure and it's going to be almost impossible to hide the fact that there's something wrong with you. Whilst the withdrawals shouldn't be too strong from a dose like that I'm sure it will be noticeable to him. I would think long and hard about whether keeping things secret is the right course of action. It might be, but in most cases I would say not.

I am on up to 8-10 10/325 Norco's a day -My husband is going away for a weekend so I was wanting to go down and to quit for good starting on the Mon before he leaves through the Friday he leaves-The Mon-Fri he will be home and I have to be able to not only function on the withdrawals but he doesn't even know I'm taking them -Then Friday afternoon he leaves till Sun -this isn't until the Mon after the holidays/Christmas and New Years-So if some one could help come up with the best/least painful sick wise plan -Like Mon take 4 a day 1 every 4 hrs -Tues take 3 and so on -Then when he leaves on Fri-Sun I can be more sick -I mean I can sleep and whine be in bed all day/night and he won't know a thing -To b peachy king by Sun when he comes home. Is this even possible?? I am new to this site and I have been searching around trying to find some good info but I'm having trouble-Also if someone can tell me a good way to search for the answers I'm looking for that r allready in this site-I hope this is making sense -Please Help!

Is he travelling during Christmas?? Why would he leave you alone during the holidays, if you don´t mind me asking..
Good luck with your withdraw. It could be milder than you think. They are not long acting opiates and not that much imo..

Hey Heather and welcome to BL:)

Congratulations on deciding to kick!!

The half life of hydrocodone is 3.8 hours. So it takes about a day to fully clear you system. Then it will take about four days for your system to readjust. So you will likely start to feal much better within five days after your last dose. So I would make your last dose monday if you want to be doing good by sunday.

Your going to feal rough, but you will do this. Everybody has to pay the piper in the end. You got this!!

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Your going to be free and clear by sunday. =D

I would reccomend gradually stepping down your dose until the day he leaves . See how few you can take and get by and then cut down from there . I would think about 5.

<snip>

Buy a big bottle of immmodium (loperamide) . Lopermadide is an opioid that doesn't cross the brain . It will reduce 85% of withdrawal symtoms at dosages of 20mgs. It is really remarkable . I've withdrawn using loperamide alone . Get the big bottle of the generic, it's much cheaper . Do a search on this site for loperamide . It will save you .

Yeah maybe ask your doctor for some clonidine or neurotin. Can you order any kratom before he leaves ? I wouldn't want to hide the fact you are withdrawing from your husband ... Maybe tell him?

-lenses

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a big bottle of imodium (loperamide) . Loperamide is an opioid that doesn't cross the brain . It will reduce 85% of withdrawal symptoms at dosages of 20mgs. It is really remarkable . I've withdrawn using loperamide alone . Get the big bottle of the generic, it's much cheaper . Do a search on this site for loperamide . It will save you ...

Can you order any kratom before he leaves ?
-lenses

Loperamide does cross the BBB. Thats why it works on withdrawals. loperamide does not really create any high, but it interacts with the same opiate receptors as the hydrocodone. Detoxing requires all opiates to be removed from the system and then the brain and body will reset to a homeostasis without the drug. This can be done with a taper or not. Loperamide is easier for many people to taper because it does not produce a high. I'm not a big fan of tapering unless its done in the correct way. I have also seen plenty of people just trade on dependency for another and end up dependent on lope.

The correct way to taper hydrocodone would be to lower ones dose by a pill or two every five days/week until someone is off. Personally I think this causes more discomfort in the long run. OP can be free and clear by sunday as she wants.

Kratom also stimulates the opiate receptors. Plenty of people trade over to this and continue progressing their tolerance up and end up in an even bigger hole.

Lope and Kratom are great to use if someone does not plan on stopping and just needs a bridge until other opiates arrive. Sure they can take the edge off opiate withdrawal, but thats because they kinda are opiates. They also can prolong the whole event and in many cases a person just ends up replacing one substance with another.

Ability to cross the blood–brain barrier:

It is a misconception that loperamide does not cross the blood–brain barrier. Loperamide does cross this barrier, although it is immediately pumped back out into non–central nervous system (CNS) circulation by P-glycoprotein.
Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread v. 2

The Kratom Mega Thread v3
Kratom (mitragyna speciosa) - Wikipedia
Erowid Kratom Vault

The list of medications I gave for your consideration does not include any opiates that will prolong this process. The links to other thread do. All of my suggestions, when taken short tern for withdrawals and tapered or discontinued and the acutes are done, pose little if any chance of dependency. You will still have withdrawal symptoms, but they often work very well to control these symptoms.

Often times withdrawals are as bad as we determine they are going to be. If we think they are going to be awful, unbearable, and the "end of the world," then they will be an unbearably awful "end of the world." If we prepare for them ahead of time and get the correct medications, which are usually prescribed without any trouble by our doctors if we are honest and tell them what we are doing... If we prepare and plan for it and then accept the fact that we my feal a little rough for a couple of days, but we can handle it and will make it through to the freedom on the other side.

You got this and please consider seeing a physician to explore those medications and any other ones he may favor. Its better to get them before we start, rather than try and get them later.

You got this :)

Last edited:

The hard part now isn't the planning or the strategy, - it's your willpower.

From experience, I really stink at 'tapers', maybe you can do better? If you somehow have the willpower and self-control to taper, you can start by doing something like 1 norco 4x a day. Those 4 times should be as strategic as possible (i.e. "before you have to do stuff").
Then you can jump off and completely stop taking norcos when your husband leaves, and put the pills away for a bad migraine or something, or simply throw them out. Of course your remaining supply will factor in to your calculations.

If you have the same addictive self-control issues that I have when attempting tapers, then I don't know what to tell you. You would likely reduce your intake for a day or two, and then take 10 in a day again, and find it impossible to jump off to nothing. (and probably run out before that Friday when your husband leaves.

The only good thing is that 100 mg norco per day habit is relatively moderate. You will want to stay in bed for 3 days, feel a bit restless, and take frequent hot showers, and you will feel like you have a body-flu, but you should be lucky enough to avoid some of the nightmare withdrawl symptoms that heavy addicts endure.

I would say not nearly enough time to taper.
If you stoped today you may make it by Monday.
That short of a taper isnt going to cut your wds and two days really isnt enough time to recover phycically led on mentally.
But if you have made up your mind then I would say take no more than two in a day til friday, sit around and be sick thru the weekend and when he gets back tell him you've picked up some "disease" (something flu like). Ride that out till you feel better.

One last thing, thats a shit ton of acetaminophen you are taking. Be careful with your liver.

Last edited: