• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP!!!! Cant find a decent vein and just about ready to give up !!!

JetBlack

Greenlighter
So Ive been using on and off for ~15 years and just recently relapsed . The first 6 months or so I had no issues hitting myself but the past couple of weeks have been an absolute nightmare ! I spend hours in the bathroom trying to find a somewhat ok spot to hit but 9/10 i end up with miss bumps all over ,in tears not to mention i waste about 10 bags of dope in the am and then again at night. ( i prefer to do 5 bag shots , one shot right after the other). Lately i start of sniffing a bag or two before I start , just so im not terribly sick while im trying to hit myself . Ive tried putting warm ,wet washcloths on my arms, hot showers ,vein maps etc. I am literally desperate enough to go in my neck at this point but unfortunately (or fortunately ) my husband refuses to do it for me . If anyone has any suggestions or tips please please please share , because I dont know what to do anymore !!!!

Can you find any in your feet? Many people have pretty outstanding veins in their feet (top of their feet). BTW, I've seen folks do the neck shots and they really creep me out. If you can handle it, can it be done using a mirror? Other than that, you got me. Good Luck!

Make sure you're staying well hydrated as the veins go kind of flat when you're not. Also try doing some push ups right before you hit. Don't push until you're absolutely certain you are in. And yes, some people use their necks, but that's really creepy. Try your ankles and feet if you still can't find any... but I would suggest a bunch of water. And make sure you're using Neosporin / bacitracin on your tracks.

^ good advice there. Fall back for awhile.. try another route of administration. Smoke it for awhile and chill a bit. If you dead set on it then get the correct rig and learn to hit femoral vein. If your used to hitting much smaller ones the rate of effect might be much faster. This is a large vessel and can take a larger amount of injections.

Please use a new needle every time. They get dull and damaged. This ends up causing more destruction and damage when you inject.

Use of the femoral vein ('groin injecting') by a sample of needle exchange clients in Bristol, UK

Please be safe and consider pulling the rip cord. <3

Shit I knew this chick couldnt hit in her arms or legs... she had her bf hit her in the neck, got to the point where couldnt even hit her there... so she had him hit her in the forehead... i swear that has to be the most hardcore shit Ive ever seen... Sry cant give ya ne helpful hints, Ive nvr been able to not hit in my arm... but i kno how bad it blows to be sick n tryin to hit

Thank you guys for your suggestions. And yes, I totally forgot about staying hydrated! (omg, this sounds so fucked up..I am planning on upping my water intake not because its in general good for you , but so I can get a hit .. ugghh) Im too much of a wimp to go into my groin ( I would HATE for it to get infected!) But going in my feet is probably my best option. Ive tried that many years ago but the veins rolled + it hurt like a bitch. BTW do I still have to tie off if I am going in my feet ? pill billy : forehead?? damn , thats hardcore dedication !!! wezface: i know im supposed to wait till a hit registers a 100% , but often after poking myself for hours ill get a spot where if I move the needle around a little bit of blood flows in. Usually by then I feel pretty much like giving up and defeated so I just push it drop by drop. Of course end up with a miss bump but the thought that SOME of my shot went into the right place makes me feel a bit better.. Stupid, i know

Did you try the big vein that runs down your wrist by your thumb? It takes alot to fuck that one up i found and it's very easy to hit with the 30 gauge short tips i always get.

Just squirt what's in the needle down the back of your throat and resort to smoking in future....

^ with smack you wont even feel it orally, not at all..

if youre that desperate take the needle off and bite the pillow :p

I have never done needles but have seen many others do so. I have never met anyone who couldnt find a vein though. That must be stressful.

Have you tried the veins in your feet? Not a good idea, but it works..

damn , thats hardcore dedication !!!

thts hardcore addiction... but yea drinking water really does help... my ex had trouble hittin sumtimes n she would get so pissed when she had to drink something and wait the 15-20 mins for it to work, shed want me to wait n do my shot wen she did... lol yea that caused one or two arguments

Thank you guys for your suggestions. And yes, I totally forgot about staying hydrated! (omg, this sounds so fucked up..I am planning on upping my water intake not because its in general good for you , but so I can get a hit .. ugghh) Im too much of a wimp to go into my groin ( I would HATE for it to get infected!) But going in my feet is probably my best option. Ive tried that many years ago but the veins rolled + it hurt like a bitch. BTW do I still have to tie off if I am going in my feet ? pill billy : forehead?? damn , thats hardcore dedication !!! wezface: i know im supposed to wait till a hit registers a 100% , but often after poking myself for hours ill get a spot where if I move the needle around a little bit of blood flows in. Usually by then I feel pretty much like giving up and defeated so I just push it drop by drop. Of course end up with a miss bump but the thought that SOME of my shot went into the right place makes me feel a bit better.. Stupid, i know

If you go in your groin please please don't hit an artery. Also if you're registering a little bit it's very likely your veins are flat from dehydration and you've gone THROUGH the vein to the other side.
If you use your feet it will help to tie off. Doing this just pops the veins up a little more; if you have highways you don't really need to do it imo. But remember that every time you poke yourself you're dulling that needle and your veins will definitely roll if you're using a dull needle. And you'll bruise a bunch. So try to use a new needle EVERY TIME YOU POKE, not just every time you register/hit. Don't use the same cotton though to prevent cotton fever; try transferring rig to rig instead of using a filter each time.

Ive seen(and heard about) alot of guys with burnout veins light some sort of fire,go near a fireplace or pouring pure alcohol onto a mirror and lighting it up(supposedly it wont burn) and getting their hands as close as they can to the warmth of fire.

Supposed to pop their veins right out,just be careful not to get burn(obviously)..

Did you try the big vein that runs down your wrist by your thumb? It takes alot to fuck that one up i found and it's very easy to hit with the 30 gauge short tips i always get.
Yes, SWIM used to use that one and it was MONTHS before the veins finally collapsed (on both arms). Now SWIM has a horrible time hitting, so any more advice would be highly appreciated.

Yes, SWIM used to use that one and it was MONTHS before the veins finally collapsed (on both arms). Now SWIM has a horrible time hitting, so any more advice would be highly appreciated.

Advice: we don't use SWIM here

Also, if you have scar tissue buildup you'll need to go deeper than you're used to to get in into the vein. Try going a little more perpendicular instead of parallel to the vein and using 29g longs.

Ive seen(and heard about) alot of guys with burnout veins light some sort of fire,go near a fireplace or pouring pure alcohol onto a mirror and lighting it up(supposedly it wont burn) and getting their hands as close as they can to the warmth of fire.

Supposed to pop their veins right out,just be careful not to get burn(obviously)..

A very hot wet towel will work better. This did make me chuckle, you must hang out with some characters. Either a very hot warm towel or get into a hot shower.

Personally I think insulin syringes are crap and they end up causing a whole bunch more damage then a proper rig.

Sure they a great for hands and small vessels, but if your going for a scarred up one or a larger on they are not the best thing to use.

I don't know if this is relevant but I just want to throw out there that a hot shower or heat on your skin will draw the blood in your capillaries to the surface as a cooling reflex. I'm not sure if this capillary blood would register at all (I highly doubt it) but just double check you're in really well to a decent vein if you do this.