• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dope sick or real flu?

fizzymk

Bluelighter
I have felt like crap all day today, havent used at all since yesterday morning..I know what dope sick feels like, but this feels like more somehow, my skin is all hot, my temp is about 100.5, and I have this annoying pain behind my eyes, in my cheeks, etc. really feels like flu to me...Although I did just get home <snip> , I guess I will know soon enough, Im not sure using dope would take away REAL flu feelings (if thats what it is).

Anyone ever been truly sick WHILE being dope sick?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had influenza you would know it. It comes on like a freight train. Like in 15 minutes people go from normal to rocked. My guess would be either strait dope sick or a combo with some sickness other than the flue.

Let us know what the verdict is.

The only thing though if it was dope sick then you likely would not have taken the time to post this first.

yeah you're dope sick the flu is hardcore a lot of people compare wds to the flu but that's like saying snake tastes like chicken

IDK, I feel OK now, all the stomach cramping, headache, most of the body aches are gone, but my skin still feels very warm, still have this pain in my cheeks, but nose isnt running, sinuses not blocked up either, The stomach cramps were fucking terrible today...couldnt decide whether to eat or not, glad I didnt cuz Im betting I would have had diarrhea!! GOD..I hate w/ds...plus its only a little over 24 hours since my last use..FUCK?!!

snake dose taste like chicken!
and heroin was introduced as a fever reducer ! bayer :) thanks for the heroin

and heroin was introduced as a fever reducer ! bayer :) thanks for the heroin

Actually i think it was cough medicine.

Heroin label just in case this may trigger a reader.
NSFW:

bayerheroin.jpg

Last edited:
Actually i think it was cough medicine.

Heroin label just in case this may trigger a reader.
NSFW:

bayerheroin.jpg
Wouldnt it have been great to live in the days when you could run down the pharmacy and get this product?!!! and for under $5.00!!

Someone needs to remind the fucking DEA and our Govt heroin DOES have medical uses...Im so sick of hearing everyone say it has ZERO legit uses...dont these people know its GREAT as a painkiller, plus saying this is pretty damn close to them saying ALL other narcotic pain meds with opiates in them, do not have any legit medical uses either.

You might have some other infection. Flu is pretty serious. That's just barely a fever temperature. Got some Ibuprofen? Aspirin? Paracetamol? They'll all help a fever.

Wouldn't it have been great to live in the days when you could run down the pharmacy and get this product?!!! and for under $5.00!

I belive that cheap availability of regulated substances whose sale would include a fee that pays for treatment of people who become dependent or much worse addicted is absolutely the correct course to take. There is big money at work in this one though. What happens to the pain clinics whose doctors are making over 15 grand a day, by my estimates.. I actually went down with a stop watch and timed and approximate their earnings based off bills I and others received from the exact same clinic.

With over a five hundred dollar mandatory urine stick urine test, a test that is provided free at your local probation office, they were already making 2 grand per doctor per hour.

Then we look at the charges for the writing of a little note for permission tho get a substance. From my rough calculations this came out to 30,000 per day per doctor. Generously, i took 50% of this for expenses, NON OF WHICH INCLUDED TREATING THE PEOPLE WHO BECAME PHYSICALLY DEPENDENT OR ADDICTED>> CAUSE THATS NOT THEIR AREA OF EXPERTISE. 8) NO THEY GET PEOPLE HOOKED AND SUCK FUNDS FROM EQUALLY AS GREEDY INSURANCES.. ONCE A PROBLEM DEVELOPS THEY TUCK TAIL AND JET. THESE "FOOLS" HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE TO TREAT ADDICTION, BUT ALL THE GREEDY KNOWLEDGE TO PRESCRIBE THE DRUGS THAT CAUSED IT. WHAT A BAD GREEDY< PASS THE BUCK OF THEIR GREED> PATHETIC SCAMMMM..
pain docs, most BL know more about the simple system you try and manipulate:p We just come to you because you have a monopoly.

Enjoy the "winnings" as they will never satisfy.. the more you have the more you want;)

dont these people know its GREAT as a painkiller, .

Short term yeah.. long term it produces ifanetely more pain then it ever relived. Im just talking real pain.. not even getting into all the other pain that comes forth.

TDS ---> BDD

Yes, dope sick is bad enough without having the flu!! :(
And while getting back on the gear temporarily (not that I'm recommending it or anything) will help you cope with the flu symptoms, you'll be feeling pretty awful.
Best of luck dude. If I was you I'd do my best to leave my detox till I was over the flu (Can you use some kind of pharmacotherapy? like done or bupe?) as you're going to want your immune system working at optimal capacity...
Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
MG

I have felt like crap all day today, havent used at all since yesterday morning..I know what dope sick feels like, but this feels like more somehow, my skin is all hot, my temp is about 100.5, and I have this annoying pain behind my eyes, in my cheeks, etc. really feels like flu to me...Although I did just get home <snip> , I guess I will know soon enough, Im not sure using dope would take away REAL flu feelings (if thats what it is).

Anyone ever been truly sick WHILE being dope sick?

Sounds like you may have a sinus infection. I'm just getting over a bug that started in my sinuses and moved and became bronchitis. It's going around

And yes, dope will take away flu symptoms

Wouldnt it have been great to live in the days when you could run down the pharmacy and get this product?!!! and for under $5.00!!

Isn't that back when houses cost $400-500? That'd be thousands in today dollars.

Last edited:
Maybe it's from years of opiate use, but I would probably take flu over WD anyday, because at least you can sleep more than 2 minutes at a time.

It's generally pretty easy to tell the difference between the flu and WD, seeing as the flu doesn't give you that horrible feeling of never being able to get comfortable, no matter what you do, etc. Though SWIM could always tell because she was using all the time anyway, so if she felt sick again as soon as the high wore off vs when the opiates were actually beginning to leave her system, it was obvious that she had an actual sickness of some kind. Dope will usually take at least some of your symptoms away, but it might not take them all away and, like i said, your symptoms will come back a lot faster than WD would set in for most people.