• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

Silly.Girl

Greenlighter
So for the first time I took gabapentin...I took 600mg but I have a fair tolerance for opiates(op60-90mgs) will that effect what I feel...or don't feel with the gabapentin? Ntm I have noooo idea what to expect with it. I'm hoping something good. I have heard a lot ab taking gaba but have nooo clue what to expect. Can anyone give me a heads up on what to look for? Thanks!

Welcome to BL!!:)
Why are going to use Gabapentin?
Everyone is different when it comes to reactions, but I thought you would take this med to help with withdraws, restlessness etc.
Am I switching the names, maybe??

I'm looking to quit opiates...i hope this can ease symptoms but seems to also keep people upbeat. I'm hoping that it can help the transition :/

I'm looking to quit opiates...i hope this can ease symptoms but seems to also keep people upbeat. I'm hoping that it can help the transition :/
If possible, try and get Pregabalin (Lyrica)

Just a much stronger version of Gabapentin (IME)

Gabapentin isn't cross-tolerant with opiates so no need to worry about that. IMO gabapentin is one of the best remedies for opiate withdrawal that isn't cross-tolerant with opiates. There are alot of meds useful for opiate withdrawal, but is seems that they're either cross-tolerant (kratom and loperamide for exampe) or just mask the symptoms with their primary effects (like benzos and cannabis), but few actually downright lessen the severity of withdrawal by action seperate of the "high" while also not hindering withdrawal progress.

I typically use higher doses than 600mg, though that's definitely a good place to start. Just keep in mind that gabapentin can take up to a few hours to kick in and although it can provide a very nice buzz, it's pretty mild so don't expect it to get really high. My doses range from 900mgs all the way up to 2,400mgs, but that's because tolerance rises pretty fast if your taking large doses. It should go without saying that you shouldn't start with doses on the latter end of that scale.

By the third day it becomes solely withdrawal relief and pretty much no high, in my experience at least. Anyways, I guess I just wanted to vouch for it's effectiveness as a withdrawal remedy... it's something I'll never kick without. Lyrica is obviously better, but it's incredibly hard to obtain unless you have neuropathic pain or know someone who does. Gabapentin on the other hand can be purchased easily and legally through the web. Can't say if you'll find gabapentin as useful as I do though.