Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Seed tea/1/2 pound, very experienced "here we go again"

noone1

Bluelighter
I've been a chronic poppy seed tea user since I was in my early teens. I've documented a lot of my experiences here on bluelight including a stint where I thought I had heavy metal poisoning. After many costly doctors visits, it was determined that all I had was severe paranoia and anxiety (I'll never be positive unless I do specific metal test on my kidneys but I'm too paranoid to approach any doctor about doing this outright, there is nothing wrong with my organs or anything that believes me to lead I have heavy metal toxicity at the moment however)

Anyways at my most severe point I was using 6 pounds of double washed seeds once a day for almost 2 years. It started as a cool legal high, I had experience with almost every legal high there was the time; DXM, nutmeg and morning glory seeds mainly. I spent a lot of my young adult life getting fucked up on perfectly legal things but poppy seeds are the one habit that I've never been able to shake.

After years of addiction I quit and moved on with my life. I had gotten high and gone through withdrawal enough times to be bored of it, I quit for over a year but then started to chip once or twice a month. Suddenly I was helped by the fact that all sources around me dried up, someone or someones in my area where addicted and abusing it, so the stores got wise to it and started limiting how much you could buy and finally just switched over to seeds that didn't work.

I was not happy. While I could go months even years without using I always liked the fact that there was an easy, cheap "secret" drug available to me at the corner store. For over a year I would always visit the spice section and eye the poppy seeds, once or twice I even tried making a tea from it knowing that it wouldn't work, all I got was a sweet oily concoction that gave me heartburn and left me pissed that I wasted my money.

About 2 months ago I was in the spice section again and my eyes glanced over the poppy seeds, I noticed a change in colour right away. These where dark black almost oily and when I put some in a bag and took a whiff I got the familiar bitter odor of poppies not the stale sweet anise flavor that they had been replaced with. Though I had been burned before I didn't get too excited I bought half a pound and saved it for friday night thinking that I could always get drunk if it didn't work.

Friday night came along and I did my thing. It's amazing how I could still get high just from the ritual of making the tea. Put it in a container with cold water , swish, wait, drain. Repeat with hot and lemon juice. What I had left was a bright yellow bitter tasting brew, this was very promising I have come to learn that color is not very important the more bitter your tea the stronger it will be. I chugged it eagerly chasing it with a diet soda.

So I got high. Really fucking high. I had to make excuses with my partner and at work about being sick and in a way I guess I was. I couldn't believe how stoned I was off half a pound it lasted almost 3 days. It's hard to explain to someone who's never been through it how opiate toxicity sucks but it sucks in a really pleasant way. I puked and felt like shit for hours but I wanted to do it again right away (at a level that wasn't going to make me sick though) because it flooded my receptors and made me euphoric too.

So here I am again. I don't envision myself going past 1/2 pound it's too expensive and not worth it the source might dry up at any moment too. But I still get high every weekend on friday night like clockwork. I got the flu a couple weeks ago and made an exception about my weekly use I used poppy seed as my medicine to get through it. Once it was over I went through withdrawal since I refuse to go over 1/2 a pound. My weekly use has continued and will probably for the foreseeable future or until I get bored of it.

That's about it. I don't think I've learned anything. I just wanted to share. I'm not even sure if this is a warning or what. It's almost ridiculous that I'm talking about little seeds you can go to your corner store and buy.

Never did seed tea, just Pods, and had to quit that suddenly when where I got them from dried up and nobody had any(till I found something a few months later.) At that time I switched over to Kratom, and was functional but felt kinda crappy for about a week..looking back I don't know why I didn't switch to seeds, think I thought it would be pricey to get 25/50 pounds of seeds sent at a time, cuz Oxy is soo much cheaper. The Kratom made me feel to speedy like I had too much coffee.