• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What to replace my gradually increasing meth addiction with?

yargindoesthings

Greenlighter
Im definitely over my good times with ice as my tolerance builds too fast and my dopamine takes too long to regenerate to try to take a long break where ice is in the household everyday. Its turning into a lifestyle. Tips? What should I replace it with? I love psychedelics as well.

The extreme and pricey way: going to south America to do an ayahuasca ceremony. Though it is kinda drastic, it seems to be very promising. A lot of addicts do that and never touch the drug/vice again.

You don't necessarily want to replace it because then you'll probably end up addicted to whatever you replace it with, putting you right back in the same spot as you are now. But if you must, maybe adderall?

You could cold turkey it but I can't even do that with cigarettes so I can't imagine how tough that would be. Also you could go to rehab, it's pretty cliche but it could definitely help.

Idk what path you choose but whatever it is, I hope that everything works out for you friend

If you could avoid daily use,you could try some RCs,some of them seem promising and are known to mimic amph effects.Im currently thinking about trying out a couple of them,but id suggest you limit your use to 1-2 times a week tops(since you wouldnt want to replace one drug with another,plus i dont think that long term RC use would be ideal).

If you could do that,then maybe drink some booze or take a benzo for a night or two,smoke some weed,you know,just mix it up and break the habit(of ice).

Then again,you could try the ultimate tolerance "decreaser",abstinence for awhile.See how that works out,give ur body a break,maybe give urself some time to recover and be able to enjoy the meth once again.

This is diving into a gray area. It is against the policy of this site to "recommend" drugs to you. If you're looking for support in staying sober and/or developing habits that don't involve taking drugs there are areas of Bluelight that cater to such discussion (and they do a really good job of it too).

I recommend checking out The Dark Side and Sober Living (or I can move this thread there for you if that's the kind of discussion you're looking for).

Research is being done into giving methamphetamine addicts Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) as a maintenance drug (much like methadone or buprenorphine for opiate addicts).

You are right about your dopamine taking longer to recharge every time. This is gonna happen with heavy stimulant use/abuse no matter how you do it. You have to completely abstain from amphetamines/dopaminergic stimulants for at decent amount of time and give your brain time to return to normalcy.

I would recommend taking a break from all stimulants and dont replace it with any other drugs. If you must replace it with something I would smoke weed if you can, at least it is light on the brain and its negative side effects are low and can be dealt with or managed easily. The problem with just replacing it with something is then thats going to become an issue and its even worse to just change to a different stimulant because you are extending the "becoming a life style" issue. The life style is a stimulant based life style which you will get sucked into even if you switch to some kind of research chemical.

It sounds silly and shows up a lot but take up working out or something if you can. Working out especially something like cardio will tire you out and make sleeping at night easier as well as get your body back into shape. But we really are not here to tell you to do more or different drugs, that is not harm reduction.