• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nitrous Oxide - Not sure if this is

Porkers

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Created an account purely to ask this as I can't find my answer on Google.

I have played with No2 for about 6 months now, doing about 25 cannisters in one night every fortnight or so. I have done it so much now that I am familiar with how much to hold in and how long, to get the exact intensity of a high I am after. Sounds sad but that's just my personality, I do these things.

Anyway, I know that if I do one balloon, take half of it in, hold it in to for a maximum length of time, let it out, then do the second half and do the same, I know what high it'll give me - a nice buzzy feeling, very, very mild hallucinations, etc. I like this as I know what sort of high, with what sort of intensity I am getting.

However, this new "batch" that I have just bought is different. I do this routine - 1 balloon, hold half of it in, etc. Except it is different. What happens is, on the first half of the balloon, it feels the same. But the second half, while holding it in, it sort of goes into acceleration mode. It's hard to describe, but I'll try:

It feels like one area of my brain goes numb, could be the front, back or side. Then I get like a "black patch" where this numbness is. It's like I can see it, but I can't. I get an odd ringing sound aswell. It's like I hit the wall or highness or something, and start going into the state where the nitrous starts acting as the numbing drug it is used for (except in MUCH higher doses). It's like I've done 6 lots of it in one go or something.

I sometimes do 2 balloons. Even doing 2 balloons doesn't give me a quarter or what this is giving me, just off ONE balloon.

Is it possible that this isn't nitrous? Could it be something else that I've bought? It's worth mentioning that it's bought from the same place as before. Is this stuff just super strong or something?

Probably an odd scenario, and I doubt many people will have had the same experience, but worth a stab.

Thanks in advance.

I was an inhalant addict for a while and can say that the high and side effects drastically changed over a short period or time with continued use using the same brand and amount. However, I was abusing cans of air duster and not pure nitrous. So I'd switch to the old brand, see if you get the old high back, and if not, take that as a sign your body is not agreeing with this hobby.

Not all nitrous oxide cartridges are filled with the exact same amount of gas, it can vary by 20-25% per charger sometimes. Experience, set and setting plays a role (if you are breathing it properly, and you weren't before, then you should expect stronger effects. If you're relaxed you'll get stronger deprersant effects then if you're excited, too.) And it's not unheard of that some people get sensitized to the effects of certain drugs...

There are like zero other gases that could be mistakenly or purposefully sold as nitrous oxide.

There are like zero other gases that could be mistakenly or purposefully sold as nitrous oxide.

That^. and it's possible you've become hypersensitive to it (happened to me with weed), or you repeated sessions are causing vitamin deficiency which is causing different effects. Or maybe you took something that potentiated its effects (dunno what that be tho). It's not like you accidentally got a charger full of diethyl ether or sevoflurane.

Not all nitrous oxide cartridges are filled with the exact same amount of gas, it can vary by 20-25% per charger sometimes. Experience, set and setting plays a role (if you are breathing it properly, and you weren't before, then you should expect stronger effects. If you're relaxed you'll get stronger deprersant effects then if you're excited, too.) And it's not unheard of that some people get sensitized to the effects of certain drugs...

I think this is it.

I stopped using it anyway straight away and will most likely never use it again. Better to be safe and avoid irreversable damage.

It wasn't pleasant anyway.

Thanks for your input.

I have actually had the same experience!! I thinks it's because certain chargers have a higher concentration of nitrous. Like when I had a tank filled down in philly at a party or when I do whipped cream cans, it's more of a mellow euphoric feeling. Now these chargers I get are just ridiculous trips to the 5th dimension for 30 seconds as I'm drooling all over myself or falling face first from sitting on my couch and bashing my face on the table. I remember doing huge balloons from the tank and not falling over like I did from a 5 charger balloon. So yea that's my experience

When I was in high school, I used to huff the fumes from Glade air freshener cans. I only did it a few times and watching a friend of mine turn blue and almost pass out from it scared me enough to quit experimenting with it. My question is, is huffing Nitrous Oxide out of whipped cream cans or balloons or chargers the same thing? I don't think it's the same chemical, so is it less dangerous, more euphoric or does huffing any inhalant produce the same effects? If it is less dangerous, more pleasurable, and brings about a different effect I would consider trying it but if it is just as dangerous as any other inhalant than I would definitely pass. Seeing as they give it to you at the dentist, it makes me feel like it would be safer, would taking smaller hits, or mixing it with oxygen make it safer? Is Nitrous Oxide the same thing as laughing gas? Figured I would ask all this here instead of starting a whole new thread.

nitrous oxide is another name for laughing gas. it is notably less dangerous than many other inhalants because it is not metabolized by the body into various toxic shit, is a compressed gas & not sold as a liquid under pressure (so less likely to cause frostbite) and does not in general cause sudden cardiac death.

when used medically it is almost always mixed with oxygen if people will be breathing it for sustained periods of time. it can be used to induce anesthesia at higher concentrations and is generally taken recreationally as balloons of 100% gas with few ill effects except in seriously heavy usage

When I was in high school, I used to huff the fumes from Glade air freshener cans. I only did it a few times and watching a friend of mine turn blue and almost pass out from it scared me enough to quit experimenting with it. My question is, is huffing Nitrous Oxide out of whipped cream cans or balloons or chargers the same thing? I don't think it's the same chemical, so is it less dangerous, more euphoric or does huffing any inhalant produce the same effects? If it is less dangerous, more pleasurable, and brings about a different effect I would consider trying it but if it is just as dangerous as any other inhalant than I would definitely pass. Seeing as they give it to you at the dentist, it makes me feel like it would be safer, would taking smaller hits, or mixing it with oxygen make it safer? Is Nitrous Oxide the same thing as laughing gas? Figured I would ask all this here instead of starting a whole new thread.

It is the same regardless of where it's coming from. Ive never heard any appreciable (or even mentionable) differences in purity between brand a and z, tho automotive nitrous is usually tainted with stuff to prevent abuse (like putting 1100HP thru the crank of your Civic ISNT abuse lol). The ONLY way I can see any difference is a homemade synth of nitrous producing nitrogen oxides which will jollyfuck your lungs in a NY minute (iow, dont do that).

Glade Air fresherners and duster and all that other shit is just that; shit, and very fkn dangerous. And, again there are no black market gasses out there. The only thing a balloon of nitrous would be cut with is normal air.

Can solvent abuse kill/cause brain damage?
I heard when your getting that tripped out feeling it's your brain goin through slot of stress?

Can solvent abuse kill/cause brain damage?
I heard when your getting that tripped out feeling it's your brain goin through slot of stress?

Yes. Check out this funny remix of a not so funny episode of... I forget what it was. This chick is brainfucked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6TW6v39_kQ

Tripping doesnt kill brain cells, and the feeling you get isnt braincells dying. LSD is safe, you trip hard. Freon or duster or any number of propellants made from petroleum products do kill brain cells, and can cause heat attacks and stop you from breathing. Also, any solvent that gasses and is heavier than air could be a problem clearing it from your lungs.

In my limited research, most aerosols cause effects by oxygen deprivation, secondly by chemical interaction. and ofc anything that can remove paint or strip wax from floors or clean electrical contacts is going to fuck up your lungs/braincells.

nitrous oxide is another name for laughing gas. it is notably less dangerous than many other inhalants because it is not metabolized by the body into various toxic shit, is a compressed gas & not sold as a liquid under pressure (so less likely to cause frostbite) and does not in general cause sudden cardiac death.

when used medically it is almost always mixed with oxygen if people will be breathing it for sustained periods of time. it can be used to induce anesthesia at higher concentrations and is generally taken recreationally as balloons of 100% gas with few ill effects except in seriously heavy usage

How heavy is heavy? I Assume going through 10 canisters a day (not boxes) is not too much?

I don't do that ^, just curious. I bought sublingual B12 complex just in case anyway.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10337883

Nitrous oxide shows efficacy in ED short-term treatment of acute migraine headache.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-12-gas-depression-treatment.html

Laughing gas studied as depression treatment

Psychiatrists Charles R. Conway, M.D., (from left) and Charles F. Zorumski, M.D., worked with anesthesiologist Peter Nagele, M.D., on a small, pilot study in which nitrous oxide was given to patients with treatment-resistant depression. The team plans further research based on results suggesting that the gas may be a possible treatment for depression.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-12-gas-depression-treatment.html
"Nitrous oxide for treatment-resistant major depression: a proof-of-concept trial. Biological Psychiatry, published online Dec. 9, 2014"

^-it seems most NMDA antagonists seem to have anti-depressant effects not related to traditional ones. Notably, the effects are near instant and extend quite past the last dose IME.