Writing-up Understanding the Bluelight community - Interview study, $40 Amazon gift card

surrogatekey

Greenlighter
Hi, my name is Rachelle Annechino. I’m a researcher with the Center for Critical Public Health and with PIRE’s Prevention Research Center in Oakland. I would like to invite you to take part in research we are conducting to understand more about the Bluelight community. We are interested in talking to people who use different “drug” substances together, either at the same time or in succession (for example, using one substance early in the day, and another substance later in the day). If this description fits you, I would love to interview you. As a thank you for your participation, you will receive an online gift card from Amazon for $40.

We will never ask for your real name to participate in these interviews, and we will conduct the interviews using an online chat protocol that we mutually agree upon. We will also store any contact information we receive from potential participants in an encrypted file that will be kept separate from the actual interview contents.

If you are interested in being interviewed or if you have any questions about this study, please send me, Rachelle Annechino, a private message or email me at [email protected]. On Twitter and Skype you can reach me @surrogatekey.

If you have any questions about your rights or treatment as a research participant in this study, please contact the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation’s Human Subjects Representative, Elysia Oudemans at 1-866-PIRE-ORG ext. 2757

Does the sample for this research relate to Bluelight users that pertain to America? Probably not but worth asking :)

As a 8th year University student, I can understand the frustration in obtaining qualitative data. So, I would love to help.

Feel free to PM me more information or I'll contact you later today. Cheers.

KK

Thanks, Kannabinoid. We are more or less focused on the US, if that's what you're asking (not sure if I'm understanding though). But participants can be BL users from anywhere. That would be great if you can help out! Will PM you after sending this :)

I replied to your PM.

I'm from Australia so time-zone differences will make it a bit harder to communicate but happy to help.

Cmon everyone, lets help out :)

And that amazon gift card is a small bonus for what could be a meaningful study. Lets do it :D

KK

Thanks, KK.

Also just a P.S. on my first post, since I've gotten some questions about the gift card -- it's an electronic card where you get a gift code that you can use on Amazon. No need to give me your address or 'real' name.

Bump. How are you doing with this study?

Sorry for my delay in replying. I have fallen behind on life these past few months so it has gone slowly, but very well. We do not need any more participants (also we have gone over our teeny tiny budget), and are just doing analysis now... Thank you so much to everyone who responded!

Fantastic. I'll change the status of this thread to 'writing up' :)